Author Topic: Jet Blue Card Pilot Program Pennies for Points -- Bad Deal  (Read 1660 times)

Offline zow

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Jet Blue Card Pilot Program Pennies for Points -- Bad Deal
« on: August 02, 2020, 08:45:35 AM »
Seems that JetBlue is pilot marketing Pennies for Points.  If I understand correctly, you can opt in to allow each purchase to be rounded up to the nearest dollar.  Essentially, round up and JetBlue keeps the rounded amount, and you are buying a few measly points.  Here are the T and C and FAQ.

Visit Account summary for JetBlue.
Good morning, zow

JetBlue ...XXXX | TrueBlue #: xxxxxxxxx

View all accounts

HomeRewards & Benefits CenterPennies for Points™
logo
Pennies for Points™ Summary
Amount for your current billing cycle
$0.00
0TrueBlue® points

Year to date amount
$0.00
0TrueBlue® points

Your threshold is currently set at:
$0

Use your JetBlue Plus Card
Every 2 cents you round up earns 1 TrueBlue point
View FAQs
Pennies for Points™ History

Date   Purchases   Purchase amount   Round Up Amount
Your threshold is set to $0. If you would like to participate , click on the 'Adjust your threshold' button above.
Regardless of the occurrence of fraud, returns or the resolution of disputed purchases we will calculate the Pennies for Points™ Amount based on all purchases that posted to your Account. If at the time of calculating the Pennies for Points™ Amount, there is inadequate credit line to include the full Pennies for Points™ Amount, we will include the amount available up to your credit line. In the event there is no credit line available, we will not include any Pennies for Points™ Amount for that billing cycle. In either case, the Pennies for Points™ Amount for that billing cycle will be forfeited. Please note, even though any Pennies for Points™ Amount that is posted to your Account will not cause you to go over your credit line, any interest and fees that bill to your Account after the close of your billing cycle could cause your total balance to exceed your credit line.

Pennies for Points™ FAQs
What is Pennies for Points™?
Pennies for Points™ is a benefit we are testing on select JetBlue credit card accounts. If you choose to participate, Pennies for Points™ allows you to round up purchases to the nearest dollar to get additional TrueBlue® points. Participation in Pennies for Points™ is optional. You can choose the maximum amount you want to round up (Threshold) per statement period anywhere from $1 to $500 to participate. At the end of each statement period, all rounded up amounts will be totaled and appear as a Pennies for Points™ purchase on your statement, included in your Statement Balance and reflected in your Points Summary
How does Pennies for Points™ work?
In order to participate in Pennies for Points™, you must log in to your account at jetbluemastercard.com/Roundup and set your Threshold to the maximum dollar amount you'd like to round up each statement period. You can set your Threshold to any dollar amount from $1 to $500. At the end of each statement period, all rounded up amounts will be totaled and appear as a Pennies for Points™ purchase transaction on your statement, included in your Statement Balance and reflected in your Points Summary. The points you acquire through Pennies for Points™ each statement period will then be transferred, along with the other TrueBlue® points that you earned, to your TrueBlue® account.
What happens if my total points acquired through Pennies for Points™ at the end of the statement period is not a whole number? Will the total be rounded up?
How do I participate in Pennies for Points™?
To participate in Pennies for Points™, you’ll need to set the Threshold to any dollar amount from $1 to $500 at jetbluemastercard.com/Roundup. If you do not wish to participate in Pennies for Points™, do nothing. The Threshold that appears on your account at the end of each billing cycle will be used as the Threshold for your next billing cycle.
Will I be charged interest on the Pennies for Points™ round up amount?
Are the points I get from Pennies for Points™ different from the other points that I earn with my JetBlue Mastercard®?
No, they are the same. The points you get from Pennies for Points™ are TrueBlue® points, just like the points you earn through your purchases. Pennies for Points™ simply gives you the opportunity to acquire additional TrueBlue® points.
Can I adjust the amount rounded up each statement period?
How can I adjust the maximum amount rounded up each statement period?
What happens if there is a fraudulent, returned or disputed purchase on my account?
What happens if I am approaching, or have exceeded my credit line during a statement period?
How can I track my Pennies for Points™ purchases?
Do purchases made by authorized users count towards Pennies for Points™?
What happens if I don’t meet my maximum amount each statement period? Will I still get TrueBlue® points through Pennies for Points™?
What is the last day purchases will qualify for Pennies for Points™?
Terms and Conditions
Offer is valid for select cardmembers and is not transferable. If your account is closed or you switch to another product during the promotional period, you may no longer be eligible for this promotion. Eligible cardmembers who register for Pennies for Points™ will have each purchase rounded up to the nearest dollar, and the rounded up charge will be used to acquire TrueBlue® points. The rounded up charge will be based on the purchase amount on the posting date. This offer is valid for purchases that post to your account from July 31, 2020 through October 31, 2020. To be eligible for this promotion the cardmember’s account must be open, active and in good standing throughout the entire promotional period. Purchases made during periods when the account is delinquent, or the account is otherwise not in Good Standing do not qualify for this offer. Regardless of the occurrence of fraud, returns or the resolution of disputed purchases we will calculate the Pennies for Points™ Amount based on all purchases that posted to your Account. If your credit line is inadequate to include the full Pennies for Points™ round-up amount for a statement period, you may not be able to participate in the Pennies for Points™ promotion. We will include the round-up amount available up to your credit line. In the event there is no credit line available, we will not include any Pennies for Points™ Amount for that billing cycle or subsequent cycles during the promotional period. In either case, the Pennies for Points™ Amount for that billing cycle will be forfeited. Please note, even though any Pennies for Points™ Amount that is posted to your Account will not cause you to go over your credit line, any interest and fees that bill to your Account after the close of your billing cycle could cause your total balance to exceed your credit line. Please see the FAQs at jetbluemastercard.com/Rewardscenter for complete Pennies for Points™ details
Please see the Reward Rules at jetbluemastercard.com/Rewardscenter for complete reward details.
Connect with us:Facebook Twitter Youtube
FDIC Better Business Bureau Protected by Norton Security RSA Security
Privacy policySecurity centerAccessibilityTerms of use
© Barclays Bank Delaware 2020

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Re: Jet Blue Card Pilot Program Pennies for Points -- Bad Deal
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 06:56:34 PM »
It's buying B6 points for 1 cent each.

Offline ariIs

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 11:10:20 AM »
I think buying b6 points at 1cpp is not bad. They’re generally worth 1.2-1.7cpp depending on route/redemption.

Offline outinstyle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 11:12:07 AM »
I think buying b6 points at 1cpp is not bad. They’re generally worth 1.2-1.7cpp depending on route/redemption.
And even more for seat upgrades

Offline Samb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 11:38:59 AM »
I'm not getting something. Where does it say that you will get a point for each penny?  I don't see any price per point?

Offline JMHO

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 11:45:59 AM »
It's buying B6 points for 1 cent each.

Online yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 11:58:36 AM »
That wasn't what I got. My email had a point at a penny.

Online yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 11:59:26 AM »
Nah. Especially with it basing points fare on Blue fares and not blue basic, I find it makes less and less sense to use B6 points.

Offline ariIs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2020, 12:22:32 PM »
I'm not getting something. Where does it say that you will get a point for each penny?  I don't see any price per point?
They round up the purchase to the dollar amount and give you one point per penny. It’s there on the rewards portal site.

Offline ariIs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 12:23:54 PM »
Nah. Especially with it basing points fare on Blue fares and not blue basic, I find it makes less and less sense to use B6 points.
During pandemic with free changes anyway that makes sense. Other times blue fares are more flexible. But agreed - vs. blue basic it lowers the value.