Author Topic: Gameboys  (Read 1040 times)

Offline sguitarist18

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Gameboys
« on: August 02, 2020, 10:50:11 PM »
OK, so...I was looking for a gameboy-type device for my kids and came across this:

https://www.amazon.com/JAMSWALL-Handheld-Classical-Connecting-Rechargeable/dp/B07YZ1GNKB/ref=psdc_166201011_t1_B082SX46WF

Same idea as a gameboy, just running NES games, which I think are a bit more basic.

Was wondering if anyone has seen anyone do the same thing with gameboy and/or SNES games?

For that matter, using raspberry pi, someone ought to be able to pull a similar handheld game system that can run games from literally every system ever created. That might be difficult to do on a mass market level because of copyright issues, but is anyone familiar with anything like this out there?

Offline Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
Re: Gameboys
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 10:56:25 PM »
OK, so...I was looking for a gameboy-type device for my kids and came across this:

https://www.amazon.com/JAMSWALL-Handheld-Classical-Connecting-Rechargeable/dp/B07YZ1GNKB/ref=psdc_166201011_t1_B082SX46WF

Same idea as a gameboy, just running NES games, which I think are a bit more basic.

Was wondering if anyone has seen anyone do the same thing with gameboy and/or SNES games?

For that matter, using raspberry pi, someone ought to be able to pull a similar handheld game system that can run games from literally every system ever created. That might be difficult to do on a mass market level because of copyright issues, but is anyone familiar with anything like this out there?
Look on eBay, you should be able to get them. They usually come empty due to those issues.
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline pcgeek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 11:27:40 PM »

Retropie on raspberry pi does exactly that

Offline sguitarist18

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 10:35:42 AM »
Retropie on raspberry pi does exactly that

Right, I'm wondering if anyone has connected that with a gameboy-style handheld device with a screen.

Offline yoshyosh

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 147
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 11:26:05 AM »

Offline Jojo202

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 12:17:48 AM »