Author Topic: Sam28 St Moritz Switzerland kosher Grand Hotel Kempinski weekend  (Read 1184 times)

Offline sam28

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Sam28 St Moritz Switzerland kosher Grand Hotel Kempinski weekend
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2020, 01:31:01 PM »
Friday morning

I woke up at 8am and was still so  tired but they needed me for minyan.  It was rosh chodesh Av so I decided to join the minyan. I came down at 8:30 everyone was sitting and waiting for me.

The concierge said that about 1pm it will start raining so if we want to do anything we should do it in the morning.

So after davening we had a good breakfast. We bought some nosh from the little market and went out for a few hours.
Right outside of our hotel was a chairlift. We took that up to a mountain then walked 25 minutes over to a funicular. You get off on top and take another chairlift even higher up.

We spent some time up there enjoying the beautiful views. The way down we took a different route, we ended up in the town of St Moritz. We walked around some nice shops a nice little lake, we walked back till the hotel.
We met some yidden on our walk who were staying in different places, many rented apartments.

We got back to the hotel around 2pm it was raining. So we decided to get some rest. When we woke up it was sunny again. We got ready for Shabbos.

Pictures of the day

View of our window in the morning

Part of the store they have of kosher product

First chair lift up

The hiking trail

The funicular all the way up

Our hotel from up the hill

Some snow

Our way down

Town of St Moritz

Shabbos was late, around 9pm. But we davened about 7:30.

By 8:40 we were done davening and went to a nice ballroom to eat the seudah. Everyone got their own table with a name card and in the center was a huge table with all kinds of salads, fruits, nuts, drinks and some wine. They served a full meal it was good and the ambiance was very nice.

Shabbos morning, we davened at 9am. After davening theres a big Kiddush outside the shul in the lobby then there was a break till 1pm.

Most people take that time to go out for a walk. It was 70 degrees sunny. We walked around the lake for about 2 hours and then came back to the seudah.

The meal by day was a full 6 coarse meal. The food was good. Then we went for a long nap. When we woke up was still light outside so we went for a walk in a different direction for different views. Then was davening, shalesh seudahs and maariv. After havdala was almost 11pm so we spent some time in the hotel and called it a night.