Author Topic: Have 0% balance transfers offers on existing cards disappeared altogether?  (Read 3959 times)

Offline yearning2travel

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
For years, I've been rolling over 0% BT offers from one card to another every 12-18 months. In the interest of lowering utilization on one card <30%, I took a look at some of my existing cards that always seemed to have a 0% BT offer going (with 3-5% fee) and nothing was available. I assume this is banks being cautious in the current pandemic.

I know Citi (and maybe others) are still advertising 0% offers on new cards. Incidentally, I've found that Citi and Amex have been pretty conservative lately on the size of the credit lines they extend on new cards with 0% BT offers - the last cards I opened for a BT with each bank came with significantly lower limits than they tend to give me on non-0% BT cards (though they weren't always so conservative with their 0% card offers). For rolling over medium/large size balances, it has been convenient in the last year to use existing card lines rather than new cards that might have limited credit.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 10:07:05 PM by yearning2travel »

Offline Samb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
For years, I've been rolling over 0% BT offers from one card to another every 12-18 months. In the interest of lowering utilization on one card <30%, I took a look at some of my existing cards that always seemed to have a 0% BT offer going (with 3-5% fee) and nothing was available. I assume this is banks being cautious in the current pandemic.

I know Citi (and maybe others) are still advertising 0% offers on new cards. Incidentally, I've found that Citi and Amex have been pretty conservative lately on the size of the credit lines they extend on new cards with 0% BT offers - the last cards I opened for a BT with each bank came with significantly lower limits than they tend to give me on non-0% BT cards (though they weren't always so conservative with their 0% card offers). For rolling over medium/large size balances, it has been convenient in the last year to use existing card lines rather than new cards that might have limited credit.
Capital one, Amex,chase removed balanced transfer option from all their credit cards

Offline JunkYardUnz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
I think BOA may have also, they all disappeared from my accounts. The only recent one I got was from Wells Fargo. I guess they haven’t caught up yet with everyone else. Are you thinking make the bank are afraid some law will pass that they can’t collect from folks due to COVID?

Offline tov hashem

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Disappeared from my us bank business. Was there for months

Offline dealben

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
I received an offer in the mail the other day for each of my freedom cards. Maybe it's targeted based on how often you take advantage of these offers...

Offline cozmohoot

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Have 0% balance transfers offers on existing cards disappeared altogether?
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 10:49:18 AM »
Us bank business card has it for new members. Anyone know what type of credit line they will give for excellent credit sole proprietorship?

Offline yearning2travel

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 01:01:54 PM »
Us bank business card has it for new members. Anyone know what type of credit line they will give for excellent credit sole proprietorship?

In the recent past, I was given low credit lines (3k or less) on US bank biz cards. Last card (opened for $750 bonus) was initially declined but after calling reconsideration, they gave me a $10k line. But this card (business leverage) didn't have a 0% BT offer. Seems like a lot of banks are being more conservative with credit lines on cards with BT offers.

Offline Samb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 01:11:14 PM »
In the recent past, I was given low credit lines (3k or less) on US bank biz cards. Last card (opened for $750 bonus) was initially declined but after calling reconsideration, they gave me a $10k line. But this card (business leverage) didn't have a 0% BT offer. Seems like a lot of banks are being more conservative with credit lines on cards with BT offers.
Would love to hear more about your approval.

What's your credit score?
credit age?
do you have a relationship with US BAnk other than credit cards?

Offline yearning2travel

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 10:12:45 PM »
Would love to hear more about your approval.

What's your credit score?
credit age?
do you have a relationship with US BAnk other than credit cards?

Just credit cards with US Bank. Credit score varies between 700s and 800s depending on score model and amount floated on 0% cards at the time. Credit age is healthy, especially when closed cards are calculated in the mix.

But as to the rationale for my approval, I think the card was automatically declined initially due to number of new cards opened recently and then approved when I explained the reason for getting different cards (unique benefits of each) and had application reviewed manually. And I'm guessing US Bank is more conservative with credit lines on cards that have 0% offers.