Author Topic: Warning about Israeli American Express Cards  (Read 610 times)

Offline Mimi Kamilar

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Warning about Israeli American Express Cards
« on: August 19, 2020, 08:37:41 AM »
Shame on you American Express Israel!
I am shocked and angry to learn that American Express in Israel offers no charge-backs even if a company has literally stolen money from me. I bought an airplane ticket online in March. The flight was canceled due to COVID. The agent was sent a full refund from the airline but has not returned a penny to me!!! American Express says this is my problem. It's between me and the company (JOOMBOFLY - DO NOT USE THEM!!!). They refuse to credit me or to actively try to get my money back. All they say is its between me and the company. This is an outrage! How can they allow such a company to continue to accept their cards? By not canceling their merchant account they are complicit in theft as far as I am concerned. Shame on you American Express!!! Please share this post. People must be warned that there is no consumer support in Israel. It's the opposite to the situation in North America. The customer service rep I spoke with wasn't even allowed to give me the phone number for their PR department which I asked for! Nor would she give me their policy on chargebacks.
Please share this post to warn other consumers.