Author Topic: Is Covid Spiking in Boro Park?  (Read 14229 times)

Offline Kobe bryent

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Is Covid Spiking in Boro Park?
« Reply #405 on: September 13, 2020, 09:17:02 PM »
I think they closed in response to the NY Post article and the spotlight it shone on them. But unless some were forcibly shut down by the authorities, I think they're all back up and running. My neighbor made a wedding in Ateres Chaya earlier this week. The invitation specified a specific door to enter through. There's a wedding in my shul at Kol Yaakov tonight, and another one tomorrow in BP (not sure where). I'm not going to any of them, but it's clear that Cuomo's threats were empty. I'm curious who called in FDNY to BP thought.
Got an invitation to a wedding tonight in BK stating and I'm paraphrasing "Please enter from this entrance, and that the doors will be locked from 6-9 PM"

Offline hllulbh1

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 13, 2020, 09:29:25 PM »
We made a chasunah in BP two weeks ago and that night Cuomo's threats were being carried out. The manager of the hall was very nervous, showing us texts he was getting from managers of other BP halls (I believe four got shut down that night). Ours was not impacted. I heard that the next week at least one or two BP halls were either closed or not having indoor seating for meals. Possibly Cuomo lost interest and they started up again, but have not been following since.

Online yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 13, 2020, 09:33:50 PM »
We made a chasunah in BP two weeks ago and that night Cuomo's threats were being carried out. The manager of the hall was very nervous, showing us texts he was getting from managers of other BP halls (I believe four got shut down that night). Ours was not impacted. I heard that the next week at least one or two BP halls were either closed or not having indoor seating for meals. Possibly Cuomo lost interest and they started up again, but have not been following since.
Plenty were open the whole time. And pretty sure they're all open now.

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 14, 2020, 12:40:30 AM »
Got an invitation to a wedding tonight in BK stating and I'm paraphrasing "Please enter from this entrance, and that the doors will be locked from 6-9 PM"
I was a wedding last week where they said the same thing but I don't believe the doors were ever locked.

There was actually someone taking temperatures at the door.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 14, 2020, 02:15:04 AM »
מזל טוב