Author Topic: Is Covid Spiking in Boro Park?  (Read 57554 times)

Offline shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile

Offline ari3

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Is Covid Spiking in Boro Park?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 08:16:25 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7ny.com/amp/quarantine-forms-nyc-hotels-covid-19-updates/6377769/
there have been some instances of corona spreading at chasunos in NY and Lakewood, often involving out of town guests from places like Baltimore or Florida. I wouldn't consider a cluster of cases caused by a chasuna to be "covid spiking" although it should be watched carefully and care should be taken in these instances to ensure it doesn't spread further.

Offline shaulyaakov

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 08:17:43 PM »
there have been some instances of corona spreading at chasunos in NY and Lakewood, often involving out of town guests from places like Baltimore or Florida. I wouldn't consider a cluster of cases caused by a chasuna to be "covid spiking" although it should be watched carefully and care should be taken in these instances to ensure it doesn't spread further.
Maybe not holding illegal gatherings of above 50 people with the out of town guests not abiding by the 14 day quarantine would be a good start.

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 08:27:33 PM »
Title of the thread

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 08:28:38 PM »
Maybe not holding illegal gatherings of above 50 people with the out of town guests not abiding by the 14 day quarantine would be a good start.
Ya OK, this thread is guaranteed to not go anywhere good.

Offline shaulyaakov

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 08:30:53 PM »
Ya OK, this thread is guaranteed to not go anywhere good.
Is that the suspected cause of the new cases or not?

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2020, 08:51:46 PM »
Before you call them illegal, maybe you should know that a judge threw out the rules on weddings in New York. Also maybe if the governor would follow the quarantine rules himself instead of going to a hotspot for political purposes then people would be more inclined to listen

Offline shaulyaakov

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2020, 08:56:20 PM »
Before you call them illegal, maybe you should know that a judge threw out the rules on weddings in New York. Also maybe if the governor would follow the quarantine rules himself instead of going to a hotspot for political purposes then people would be more inclined to listen
That ruling only applied to those specific weddings, neither of which were in NYC.

The quarantine requirement doesn't apply to people who passed through a state for fewer than 24 hours (such as Cuomo).

Offline Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2020, 09:08:16 PM »

The quarantine requirement doesn't apply to people who passed through a state for fewer than 24 hours (such as Cuomo).

Such a loophole shows how ridiculous the whole law is..

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2020, 09:22:33 PM »
Forget about the law. What about common sense? There have been a number of weddings now in Monsey, Boro Park, and Lakewood which resulted in the virus spreading. We want to blame it on the OOTers? Fine. Stop having OOTers at local weddings! It's time to stop blaming politicians for our own stupidity.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline shaulyaakov

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2020, 09:23:53 PM »
Forget about the law. What about common sense? There have been a number of weddings now in Monsey, Boro Park, and Lakewood which resulted in the virus spreading. We want to blame it on the OOTers? Fine. Stop having OOTers at local weddings! It's time to stop blaming politicians for our own stupidity.
+1000

Offline Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2020, 09:25:38 PM »

Well said, my only point is that these executive orders which aren’t really laws shouldn’t be the barometer one way or another as to how we are acting.

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2020, 09:27:05 PM »
Nobody in those communities really care, there just trying to rationalize for all the haters on ddf. Ask most people from those places they really don't care one way or another.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 09:32:47 PM by yaakov35 »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2020, 09:39:15 PM »
Nobody in those communities really care, there just trying to rationalize for all the haters on ddf. Ask most people from those places they really don't care one way or another.

I think I'm misunderstanding you. Are you saying that the Jews of NY and NJ no longer care if anyone gets the virus?

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2020, 09:42:50 PM »
We are sick and tired of these political manipulators
["-"]

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2020, 10:02:43 PM »
I think a lot of people are tired of the trade-off between being safe from a virus which likely won't affect them versus not being able to lead normal lives. Not agreeing, just explaining.
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2020, 10:06:39 PM »
I think a lot of people are tired of the trade-off between being safe from a virus which likely won't affect kill them versus not being able to lead normal lives. Not agreeing, just explaining.

FTFY, and I don't disagree. I think people also make the mistake of confusing not dying with not being affected.

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2020, 10:09:24 PM »
FTFY, and I don't disagree. I think people also make the mistake of confusing not dying with not being affected.

I was intentionally vague with my word choice there. Flu is an awful illness but we still find people not inconveniencing themselves to get vaccinated or practice good hygiene.
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2020, 10:16:11 PM »
I was intentionally vague with my word choice there. Flu is an awful illness but we still find people not inconveniencing themselves to get vaccinated or practice good hygiene.

While you're not wrong that people don't give the flu the respect it deserves in terms of prevention, I think you do a disservice to compare the effects of the flu to Covid. I don't think there is a single person among us who can say that they know more people who have been affected by the flu over the last 30 or 40 years than they know people who were affected by Covid over the last 5 months.

Offline shaulyaakov

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2020, 10:18:18 PM »
While you're not wrong that people don't give the flu the respect it deserves in terms of prevention, I think you do a disservice to compare the effects of the flu to Covid. I don't think there is a single person among us who can say that they know more people who have been affected by the flu over the last 30 or 40 years than they know people who were affected by Covid over the last 5 months.
We'll do anything to prevent the spread, unless it would prevent someone from Florida being able to eat their quarter chicken at a Simcha.