Author Topic: Is Covid Spiking in Boro Park?  (Read 57529 times)

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Re: Is Covid Spiking in Boro Park?
« Reply #300 on: September 02, 2020, 11:09:09 PM »
you can measure a persons intelligence by how serious he takes masks
FTFY
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 03, 2020, 03:20:45 AM »
I am not going to engage in this again.

Experience from the first time around has shown that people are only interested in arguing against anything, rather than simply do their part.

People are so ingrained in anything they do, wearing a mask indoors and decreasing exposure is a very small thing to ask, still, people will fight tooth and nail like a talmudic debate.

I have stomach issues at times, one part is from much coffee, wine etc..

The other may be lack of fluid in my colon, various foods including fried, cabbage family veggies, raw veggies etc so on and so forth.

Now, when my gut goes, ok I'll have a bad night, 3-4 hours sleep.. it sucks but meh..but I'll implement changes

Then do this for a week and it really forces me to act. 3-4 hours a night on every night besides Shabbat  will make you run.

I love beer, I don't drink it often, my stomach hates it.

I try to manage my acidity, I take prelief to lower acid, I only do paper filtered chemex coffee or cold brew, I eat before coffee

And you know the list is endless, I love french fries but how old is the oil in the store?

Sometimes I make changes and they are seemingly no help and I fe like eh just f#@$ it.

And sometimes everything is all fine and dandy and I want to throw caution in the wind.

Maturity is part of growing up.

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

What's my point ? Who knows what's gonna happen, all your arguments make you look silly and stupid, sure I was wrong, we didn't run out of ventilators and ventilators were killing people.

But just as they found cures like proning, remdesivir etc

They also find out possible long term damages from the virus and possible reinfection.

Will wearing a mask help you / others? Most likely, it's a minor thing to do for possible huge gains.

Studies show that large numbers indoors talking loudly, singing etc are a prime ground for the virus.

Will you infect a random passerby outdoors as you pass them for 2 seconds? Likely not.

However, you have the responsibility that you may have God forbid been reinfected and now you walk down the street casually and sneeze and those droplets go bada bing and infect someone else.

Oops.. well, it's his fault for not staying home, seeing as he has health issues and what not.

Just wear the damn mask, people make this like an opposition to some suppressive decrees "oh well you just go along and wear a mask just like you're told, just like our forefathers put on yellow stars"

Life is long and life is short, the older I get, the more tolerant I am of others, the more I also demand from others.  If I'm growing up, they should do.

One day we'll all die, what happens then? I don't know

I try not to burn my bridges in life and work to drink responsibily

I can see the validity of many points, but the bottom line is, do it for the sake of others.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #302 on: September 03, 2020, 06:11:48 AM »
@chevron is back!

That post was like a good ol' Covid road trip. Through the Grand Canyon, check out some views from the Rockies, play with some bison in Yellowstone, and then bring it all home. But just when you think you see your driveway, quick detour to play with some gators in the Everglades. A real classic!
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 03, 2020, 07:59:32 AM »
When I go into a school and someone is shooting an AK47 it really does not bother me, second amendment. Obviously I’d prefer if they didn’t but I don’t feel like I am personally being affected.
FWIW Shooting an AK47 isn't covered under the second amendment .

Offline hllulbh1

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 04, 2020, 02:01:07 PM »
This discussion took a sharp turn and went over a cliff...

To everyone saying, "Just wear a mask!":

The Just Everyone Wear A Mask (JEW AM) is not limited to stores and shuls. JEWAM includes 3 year olds in playgroups and on planes; shutting down shuls indefinitely and ask questions later; months of not allowing 10 people to gather for a minyan with masks and social distancing outdoors; lots of other restrictions that went and or continue to go beyond the JEWAM expressly stated argument. The push back therefore is not directed IMO specifically to masks but to the whole movement that will and does take away all semblance of reason.

This extends to the arguments that include rationales that are not in proportion to the politically correct response: The unknown and yet unleashed fury of reinfection, which currently serves as no reasonable basis for any protective measures; the long-term effects of COVID-infection, which require extensive research to quantify their severity and frequency and as currently understood are not a reasonable basis for changing the functionality of society. The pushback is not directed IMO specifically to JEWAM in order to save lives of the vulnerable population, but the agenda that uses any and all potentially legitimate and clearly illegitimate rationales to upend society.

Everyone is worried about the safety of vulnerable people. Why can't every vulnerable person wear an N-95 mask? I see them all over, clearly they aren't limited to health personnel. The N-95 provides a very high level of protection even in a room full of selfish, ignoramous, murderous non-mask-wearers. Please enlighten me on this!

I was in Flatbush this past week for Shabbos. One shul noone wore a mask. The next shul everyone did. I followed their lead. The shul that wore masks, the elderly were the worst offenders of sliding it below the nose or below the chin 5 minutes into davening. To double down on this anecdotal evidence, I have witnessed this with regularity in many other shuls and public settings.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #305 on: September 04, 2020, 02:13:59 PM »

The Just Everyone Wear A Mask (JEW AM) is not limited to stores and shuls. JEWAM includes 3 year olds in playgroups and on planes; shutting down shuls indefinitely and ask questions later; months of not allowing 10 people to gather for a minyan with masks and social distancing outdoors; lots of other restrictions that went and or continue to go beyond the JEWAM expressly stated argument.

Yup, the people like you who seem incapable of understanding anything but this lie are truly a problem. This is what makes
This discussion took a sharp turn and went over a cliff...

Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline hllulbh1

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 04, 2020, 02:40:18 PM »
this lie

Which one do you refer to as "this lie"? There are so many to choose from!

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 04, 2020, 02:48:08 PM »
Which one do you refer to as "this lie"? There are so many to choose from!
That advocating mask wearing includes

shutting down shuls indefinitely and ask questions later; months of not allowing 10 people to gather for a minyan with masks and social distancing outdoors; lots of other restrictions that went and or continue to go beyond the JEWAM expressly stated argument

It is these lies that you are stating which causes others who, like you, seem to have limited capabilities of understanding that it does not have to be all or nothing to push back on doing ANYTHING AT ALL. It will be people like you who cause there to be much more restrictive shutdowns. If and when they happen we will be able to thank you for doing it.

Online yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 04, 2020, 03:03:09 PM »
I'd say straw man alert, but this straw man already tackled us and counted to ten

Online yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 04, 2020, 03:03:36 PM »

It is these lies that you are stating which causes others who, like you, seem to have limited capabilities of understanding that it does not have to be all or nothing to push back on doing ANYTHING AT ALL. It will be people like you who cause there to be much more restrictive shutdowns. If and when they happen we will be able to thank you for doing it.
+1M

Offline hllulbh1

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 04, 2020, 03:04:15 PM »

Exactly my point. Those who go so far beyond what is reasonable and create unnecessary restrictions and apply them without logic or measure are creating

push back on doing ANYTHING AT ALL.

Offline SayWhat

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 04, 2020, 03:06:23 PM »

100% correct

Online yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 04, 2020, 03:06:59 PM »
Exactly my point. Those who go so far beyond what is reasonable and create unnecessary restrictions and apply them without logic or measure are creating
This is baloney. Which people on this forum have been calling for unnecessary restrictions and applying them without logic or measure? Why do you have any reason to believe that those advocating for jewam have a sinister plot to add other restrictions? Because you have a conspiracy theory, therefore we should do nothing?

Online NTorch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 04, 2020, 03:13:49 PM »
Someone said this a few weeks back and I think there is Emes in what he said - wearing a mask in public settings is like wearing a seat belt as the driver of a car. You wear it to protect yourself and to protect others. The driver of the car wears a seat belt to protect himself as well as others.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 04, 2020, 03:39:56 PM »

I'm sorry but I expect our community to be better than saying ignore everything because Deblasio and Coumo are clowns. I am saddened that you have such low expectations of our community.

Offline hllulbh1

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 04, 2020, 03:43:17 PM »
Which people on this forum have been calling for unnecessary restrictions and applying them without logic or measure?

The whole AK47 argument lacks any logic. Arguing that antibodies are irrelevant IMO is being restrictive without measure. These are recent arguments in the thread.

Why do you have any reason to believe that those advocating for jewam have a sinister plot to add other restrictions?
If you read this thread, you will definitely see a strong push to shut down weddings for sure. Look at related threads and you will see the pushback at Lakewood 40,000 students returning to yeshivos. So though the arguments are limited to masks, they really aren't.

BTW The 40,000 are all people who acted without ever reading my posts, so don't try blaming me for that.

Online yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 04, 2020, 04:03:39 PM »
The whole AK47 argument lacks any logic. Arguing that antibodies are irrelevant IMO is being restrictive without measure. These are recent arguments in the thread.
If you read this thread, you will definitely see a strong push to shut down weddings for sure. Look at related threads and you will see the pushback at Lakewood 40,000 students returning to yeshivos. So though the arguments are limited to masks, they really aren't.

BTW The 40,000 are all people who acted without ever reading my posts, so don't try blaming me for that.
Nobody is calling for "shutting down" weddings. There was definitely a call to be more careful with regard to weddings, but that was by no means the jewams. It was actually on both sides of the aisle, and if anything a bigger push from the anti maskers

Offline hllulbh1

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 04, 2020, 04:28:44 PM »
Nobody is calling for "shutting down" weddings.

Earlier in the thread there was an argument for OOTers to attend weddings by ZOOM. That would effectively be shutting down weddings as we know them for OOTers.

Why can't every vulnerable person wear an N-95 mask? I see them all over, clearly they aren't limited to health personnel. The N-95 provides a very high level of protection even in a room full of non-mask-wearers.

Why is this not a valid argument?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #318 on: September 04, 2020, 04:30:52 PM »
N95s don't provide high level protection for anyone with facial hair. They also have a low rate of compliance among non-professionals for wearing them properly.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 04, 2020, 04:39:41 PM »
N95s don't provide high level protection for anyone with facial hair. They also have a low rate of compliance among non-professionals for wearing them properly.
I know nurses who wore n95s and got infected