Author Topic: Is Covid Spiking in Boro Park?  (Read 58336 times)

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Is Covid Spiking in Boro Park?
« Reply #320 on: September 04, 2020, 04:42:15 PM »

Earlier in the thread there was an argument for OOTers to attend weddings by ZOOM. That would effectively be shutting down weddings as we know them for OOTers.

This is not shutting down weddings. Additionally, I suspect those calling for this would probably be comfortable with ooters at masked, outdoor weddings. Far cry from calling for unreasonable shutdowns

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 04, 2020, 04:55:42 PM »
I know nurses who wore n95s and got infected
Therefore I would posit that they became infected in their community not at work .
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 04, 2020, 05:00:50 PM »
Therefore I would posit that they became infected in their community not at work .
Possibly

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #323 on: September 04, 2020, 05:05:53 PM »
The whole AK47 argument lacks any logic. Arguing that antibodies are irrelevant IMO is being restrictive without measure. These are recent arguments in the thread.
If you read this thread, you will definitely see a strong push to shut down weddings for sure. Look at related threads and you will see the pushback at Lakewood 40,000 students returning to yeshivos. So though the arguments are limited to masks, they really aren't.

BTW The 40,000 are all people who acted without ever reading my posts, so don't try blaming me for that.
You are lying. These things were not said here. Nobody called antibodies irrelevant. Nobody called for shutting down weddings. Nobody pushed back at BMG opening. It is a bunch of lies.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 05:17:45 PM by aygart »
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ShimshonK

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 04, 2020, 05:08:56 PM »
N95s don't provide high level protection for anyone with facial hair. They also have a low rate of compliance among non-professionals for wearing them properly.
Health professionals also get them fit-tested using some sort of spray to ensure a perfect seal, not something your ordinary Joe is doing.

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 05, 2020, 09:24:32 PM »
https://matzav.com/exposing-the-lies-weve-been-told-about-covid-shutting-shuls-supposed-upticks-and-more/

This is an article that provides lots of arguments against those that believe Yiddishkeit supports following the directive of doctors (and hatzalah) in response to the perceived threats of COVID as justified.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ed9LjJbKoCRaEzJdGBzfj-HTaeOHngNB/view?usp=drivesdk
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 05, 2020, 09:30:26 PM »
Private, and inaccessible.
How do I share a PDF?

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 05, 2020, 09:32:10 PM »
How do I share a PDF?
Use the attach file button on the website (need the full editor, not the quick reply. Click 'preview' from quick reply.)

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 05, 2020, 09:33:36 PM »
Use the attach file button on the website (need the full editor, not the quick reply. Click 'preview' from quick reply.)
I guess that doesn't work in tapa. Will post later from a desktop. It's a line by line rebuttal to E David Smith

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #330 on: September 05, 2020, 09:34:23 PM »
I guess that doesn't work in tapa. Will post later from a desktop. It's a line by line rebuttal to E David Smith
Yeah. You can click "web view" to access the website from tapa

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
Is Covid Spiking in Boro Park?
« Reply #331 on: September 05, 2020, 09:38:26 PM »
Impressive that anyone had the fortitude to sit and read it. Masochistic.

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 05, 2020, 10:28:50 PM »
Impressive that anyone had the fortitude to sit and read it. Masochistic.

Offline hllulbh1

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 06, 2020, 02:19:18 PM »
You are lying. These things were not said here. Nobody called for shutting down weddings.

Reply #163, #164 both suggest ZOOM or outdoor venues as a practical alternative to having in person indoors weddings with OOT participation. Those would be effectively shutting down weddings as we know it, at least for OOTers. There are limited outdoor venues available and the weather is too unpredictable in the Northeast to plan such a wedding.

...Nobody called antibodies irrelevant.

Reply #265 clearly dismisses antibodies as having practical relevance, as does #269 to a lesser degree.

...Nobody pushed back at BMG opening. It is a bunch of lies.

BMG was never mentioned. That was a lie.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 06, 2020, 02:35:29 PM »
Reply #163, #164 both suggest ZOOM or outdoor venues as a practical alternative to having in person indoors weddings with OOT participation. Those would be effectively shutting down weddings as we know it, at least for OOTers. There are limited outdoor venues available and the weather is too unpredictable in the Northeast to plan such a wedding.

Reply #265 clearly dismisses antibodies as having practical relevance, as does #269 to a lesser degree.

BMG was never mentioned. That was a lie.

Okay, so have you been fasting your whole life since you can't eat at McDonalds?

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 06, 2020, 08:54:51 PM »
a practical alternative to having in person indoors weddings with OOT participation. Those would be effectively shutting down weddings as we know it, at least for OOTers.
1. newsflash. OOTers who aren't atending weddings in their own town shouldn't be  attending in our town either. this is one of those things that just shoudln't have an alternative.

2. what percentage of most wedding guests are OOTers  that missing them would "end weddings as we know them"?

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 06, 2020, 09:22:10 PM »
1. newsflash. OOTers who aren't atending weddings in their own town shouldn't be  attending in our town either. this is one of those things that just shoudln't have an alternative.

2. what percentage of most wedding guests are OOTers  that missing them would "end weddings as we know them"?
When an OOTer comes to a wedding, it usually means they're an important part of the wedding.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 06, 2020, 09:29:32 PM »
When an OOTer comes to a wedding, it usually means they're an important part of the wedding.
if they're that closely related (immediate sibling) they can find it in their schedule to quarnatine the 10 days. (I know people who did that last week)
If the wedding isn't worth a week of your time, it isn't worth endangering your grandfather (who'se also the chosson's grandfather).
If such an important member of the party must attend, perhaps the wedding needs to be moved to an outdoor venue to accomodate them. again, if you're not that important to them, maybe you don't need to be there

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 06, 2020, 10:07:47 PM »

Ma! There's nothing to eat! I'm starving!

Yankel, I made your favorite supper. No you can't have 5 bags of chips for supper.

But Ma! I want chips! You're starving me! Why aren't you giving me anything to eat!

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #339 on: September 06, 2020, 11:59:39 PM »
The whole AK47 argument lacks any logic. Arguing that antibodies are irrelevant IMO is being restrictive without measure. These are recent arguments in the thread.
If you read this thread, you will definitely see a strong push to shut down weddings for sure. Look at related threads and you will see the pushback at Lakewood 40,000 students returning to yeshivos. So though the arguments are limited to masks, they really aren't.

BTW The 40,000 are all people who acted without ever reading my posts, so don't try blaming me for that.
There was no AK47 argument. It’s possible ONE poster considered antibodies to be wholly irrelevant, but there certainly isn’t a plurality here who are advocating for that.

Nobody said each minyan must be exactly 10. Nobody said to disallow weddings. (Nearly all) people have said to *restrict* weddings. No, that isn’t the equivalent of shutting down the economy and stifling everyone, it means making small sacrifices to keep infections down. It also doesn’t mean “no more weddings like we know it!” Will they be different? Sure. Is it an insurmountable difference? Of course not.

About the N95 masks- they are far from perfect protection, although certainly those at higher risk must protect themselves better. They are difficult to obtain. Many do not know how to fit them properly. They can’t be reused. Facial hear limits their efficacy. Many health care professionals with full PPE have still gotten infected in hospital settings.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.