Author Topic: How to trigger Direct Deposit requirement for Chase Checking account  (Read 1773 times)

Offline loveddeals

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Hi!

First of all sorry if it is posted in the wrong group. Mods, please feel free to move.

I got an email from Chase to get $600 bonus by opening a Checking and Savings account after meeting the requirements.

For checking account, here is what the email mentions: For new Chase checking customers:Open a new Chase Total Checking® account1 and set up direct deposit.

I would rather not change direct deposit set up with my employer if there are other ways, I hope someone can point me. I googled but nothing helpful showed up.

I have checking bank accounts with Golden1 CU and BoA, as well as an investment account with Schwab and vanguard (though there is no money in Vanguard). 

I have appointment set with Chase tomorrow, so I hope someone can help me quickly.

Thanks.

Offline lakewood34

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 62
    • View Profile
Re: How to trigger Direct Deposit requirement for Chase Checking account
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 09:16:54 PM »
Hi!

First of all sorry if it is posted in the wrong group. Mods, please feel free to move.

I got an email from Chase to get $600 bonus by opening a Checking and Savings account after meeting the requirements.

For checking account, here is what the email mentions: For new Chase checking customers:Open a new Chase Total Checking® account1 and set up direct deposit.

I would rather not change direct deposit set up with my employer if there are other ways, I hope someone can point me. I googled but nothing helpful showed up.

I have checking bank accounts with Golden1 CU and BoA, as well as an investment account with Schwab and vanguard (though there is no money in Vanguard). 

I have appointment set with Chase tomorrow, so I hope someone can help me quickly.

Thanks.
5 chase debit card transactions can  also be used to remove the monthly fee on a number of their checking accounts check the terms of the one you are applying for

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 09:41:23 PM »
Hi!

Thanks.

Many CUs will allow you to set up ACH transfers to other accounts. That might satisfy the requirement. (AYLOR about using a CU).

Schwab might also have such an option. I know for sure that Fidelity does.

Many employers will let you split your direct deposit over several accounts. Maybe that could work for you.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 10:38:26 PM »
5 chase debit card transactions can  also be used to remove the monthly fee on a number of their checking accounts check the terms of the one you are applying for

I am not trying to avoid the monthly fee..just get the bonus for opening a new checking account.

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 10:47:15 PM »
Many CUs will allow you to set up ACH transfers to other accounts. That might satisfy the requirement. (AYLOR about using a CU).

Schwab might also have such an option. I know for sure that Fidelity does.

Many employers will let you split your direct deposit over several accounts. Maybe that could work for you.

I can setup transfer from my CU, just dont know if it will be ACH or what? Any data point if that will meet the requirement? Sorry, I dont know what does AYLOR mean.

Good suggestion about splitting the DD. I will check about it tomorrow.

If there's anything else, please let me know.

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 10:50:51 PM »
I can setup transfer from my CU, just dont know if it will be ACH or what? Any data point if that will meet the requirement? Sorry, I dont know what does AYLOR mean.

Good suggestion about splitting the DD. I will check about it tomorrow.

If there's anything else, please let me know.

Transfer from CU is an ACH. If you don't know what AYLOR means, you might be good to go. Ignorance is bliss.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 11:19:33 PM »
Doctor Of Credit is a great place for starters bwoth bank bonuses,
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2020, 08:31:10 AM »
Thanks for the DoC link. I had checked it before posting.

Offline Mf1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2020, 02:13:27 PM »
A transfer from an Amex serve account has registered as dd for me
Hi!

Thanks.

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2020, 10:02:41 AM »
A transfer from an Amex serve account has registered as dd for me

I dont have Serve anymore. Closed the account couple of years ago.

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2020, 10:06:23 AM »
Forgot to mention earlier, but here are the T&C for DD:

Have your direct deposit made to this account within 90 days of account opening. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. Person to Person payments (such as Chase Quickpay® with Zelle®) are not considered direct deposit.

Has this wording been there earlier also when ACH worked or this is something new? Chase banker told me yesterday that banks have gotten smarter & stricter now as people were missing the DD requirement.

One more question, I can have FSA (aka HSA) reimbursement direct deposited to the bank. Anyone thunks if this will meet DD requirement?

Offline Mf1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2020, 08:53:22 AM »
I dont have Serve anymore. Closed the account couple of years ago.
Reopen for free?