Author Topic: is kahlua liquor kosher  (Read 35765 times)

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: is kahlua liquor kosher
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2014, 10:49:47 PM »
Maguen david is the best mexican hashgacha, they have some mehadrin things as well. they have agood kosher list for mexican things
this is the link http://www.kosher.com.mx/

They are only recommended for their Mehadrin products, their level for non-mehadrin is very very lenient.

Offline shiframeir

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: spg gold. nothing else. sigh.
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2014, 10:54:40 AM »
i'm in mexico, and see 2 types of kahlua 980ml bottles here, one looks more authentic and more expensive, the other is 2 for $27 (at a discount store), both say made in mexico.
anyone think people make fake kahlua in mexico (both stores in a reputable shopping mall (La Isla across from the Westin Lagunamar))?

Offline hakohen

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2014, 11:02:58 AM »
anyone think people make fake kahlua in mexico
you're probably just paying extra for the bottle of the more expensive one...
the ones purchased in the US are not fake, it's just that somewhere along the processing between the vats in mexico and the bottling in the US they're stored in non-kosher barrels or s/t.
Does the label say “BOTTLED in Mexico” Can you bring me back a bottle or 2?

Offline rufieg3

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2014, 08:00:09 PM »
i'm in mexico, and see 2 types of kahlua 980ml bottles here, one looks more authentic and more expensive, the other is 2 for $27 (at a discount store), both say made in mexico.
anyone think people make fake kahlua in mexico (both stores in a reputable shopping mall (La Isla across from the Westin Lagunamar))?

be careful

Offline shiframeir

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2014, 08:39:44 PM »
both say made in mexico, but one has a nice kahlua K seal on front other doesnt. i will err on the side of caution.
cheap one looks like this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/STICKER-Kahlua-Coffee-Liqueur-Bottle-for-Bar-car-window-Fridge-28cm-/170997557043?pt=AU_BarwareCollectables&hash=item27d03fa733&_uhb=1

more expensive looks like this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GoodDrop-Kahlua-Mexican-Coffee-Liqueur-Twin-Pack-2-x-1-Litre-/251401058598

both 980ml, just one without the K seal.

Offline rufieg3

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2014, 10:45:30 PM »
its not so simple

Offline ponsey

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2014, 10:51:01 PM »
The one my Mexican cousins bring us is the one that you are saying is more expensive (with the k seal). The other might be kosher, but I don't have any info on it.

Offline Sammy82

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2014, 12:25:38 AM »
both say made in mexico, but one has a nice kahlua K seal on front other doesnt. i will err on the side of caution.
cheap one looks like this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/STICKER-Kahlua-Coffee-Liqueur-Bottle-for-Bar-car-window-Fridge-28cm-/170997557043?pt=AU_BarwareCollectables&hash=item27d03fa733&_uhb=1

more expensive looks like this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GoodDrop-Kahlua-Mexican-Coffee-Liqueur-Twin-Pack-2-x-1-Litre-/251401058598

both 980ml, just one without the K seal.
I was there yesterday and also saw both. I asked the salesperson the difference and she said they are same thing, just one is from 2011 and one 2012 ( and you could actually see that on the monogram barcode sticker that every alcohol bottle in that country have). So I got one of each  :D

Offline hakohen

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2014, 02:00:26 AM »
those pics on ebay say "product of mexico" and not "bottled in mexico" but they are 980ml?

Offline shiframeir

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2014, 02:34:29 AM »
to be clear, i didnt look at those links closely, the bottles just resembled the 2 types of 980ml bottles i saw on the street here. both bottles i saw in cancun say made in mexico and are 980ml, just one looks fancier and is indeed more expensive.

Offline hakohen

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2014, 07:52:59 AM »
to be clear... all kahlua is made in mexico... the bottles should either say "bottled in mexico" or "product of mexico"
the kosher people only recommend the bottles that are labeled "bottled in mexico"
the bottles that are labeled "product of mexico" (but are not bottled in mexico) are not recommended.

Kahlua.com claims "The Kahlua bottle size produced in Mexico is a 980ml, and only this bottle size is Kosher."
but they dont clarify if all 980ml bottles are kosher, or only the ones that are labeled 'bottled in mexico'...

If anyone can bring me back a kosher bottle, plz PM. thanks
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 08:00:21 AM by hakohen »

Offline moish

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2014, 08:13:36 AM »
the bottles i bought in mexico dont have any english writing on them

Offline elikay

• View Profile

Offline Moishebatchy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 22
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2014, 03:51:33 AM »
OT but does anybody know what the taxes will be if I bring a half dozen bottles of Kahlua over the border at the Nogales (AZ) crossing? I think only one bottle per person is tax-free.

I don't know, but seeing as how the whole bottle only costs like 15 bucks, I doubt it'll be much. :P

Offline blerbz

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2015, 05:45:40 PM »
From Kahlua's website forums - answered by Kahlua staff: http://contact.kahlua.com/org/kahlua/d/finding-kosher-kahlua/
Thank you for your email.

Kahlua bottles that have labelled " Hecho en Mexico" are produced in Mexico and they are Kosher certified. You can find these bottles in the US Duty free borders stores or in Mexico.Kahlua bottles in USA retail stores have labelled "Product of Mexico " & are not Kosher certified.

I hope this helps.
Isabel Rosendahl Manager Business Support
29 days ago Report inappropriate content

What is the Kosher status of Kahlua purchased at the James Richardson duty-free shop in the Ben-Gurion airport in Israel? It does not say "Hecho en Mexico" but it does say "Product of Mexico". It also says: Distributed by "Pernod Ricard Europe PR Europe, etc.". Please advise. Thank you.
Eli
16 days ago Report inappropriate content

I forgot to mention that the bottle has a label on it that says: "Estd. Veracruz, IMPORTED, 1936". Does this mean that the contents of this bottle are from Mexico and thus would be Kosher or is it being bottled somewhere else and due to the location of the bottling plant, not being in Mexico, the product might not be considered Kosher?
Eli
14 days ago Report inappropriate content
Logo: KAHLÚA

Dear Eli,

The way to know if the bottle is Kosher is the size. Mexico produces and bottles "980ml". This is the only size bottle Mexico produces and it is Kosher. Front label should say "Hecho en Mexico", the back label is in Spanish.

If the bottle states Product of Mexico, means that the concentrate is from Mexico , and it is bottled and packaged in the USA. These bottles are not Kosher certified.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Isabel
Isabel Rosendahl Manager Business Support
14 days ago Report