Author Topic: T-Mobile One Plus Promo  (Read 812 times)

Offline Mikes@Micro

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
T-Mobile One Plus Promo
« on: August 27, 2020, 01:31:38 PM »
I am part of a Tmobile One family plan with ~ 10 lines of which I currently own 2.
On 1 of my lines, I applied a Tmobile Tuesdays Promo approximately 3-5 years ago which upgraded it to Tmobile One Plus CLICK HERE for benifits
I now only need one line but would like to keep both A) the one plus promo B) the phone number on the standard tmobile line.
My ideas so far:
1) HUCA until they let me transfer the Promo.
-- Risk: They cancel the promo (I'm not sure they intended for it to last forever)
2) Port the number I want to keep onto the One Plus line, and presumably the line will close and I'll have my main number + the promo.
--Risk: I cant find much info on intra- carrier porting. Also playing with the line may cause the system to register it as a new line and I'll lose the promo.

Does anyone have any ideas or experience?

[I could not find a relevant thread to this and if this is the wrong board please let me know]
Quote or engagement  equals full throated endorsement and vote!
H/t PinchosL

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: T-Mobile One Plus Promo
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 01:57:40 PM »
I don't have specific experience, but with sprint, I purchased a new phone for my wife who is on a grandfathered plan with many promos applied, and they closed and reopened her line as part of the transfer. It messed up the whole plan but after many HUCAs I was able to restore it all.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline lcm

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 03:21:59 PM »
I am part of a Tmobile One family plan with ~ 10 lines of which I currently own 2.
On 1 of my lines, I applied a Tmobile Tuesdays Promo approximately 3-5 years ago which upgraded it to Tmobile One Plus CLICK HERE for benifits
I now only need one line but would like to keep both A) the one plus promo B) the phone number on the standard tmobile line.
My ideas so far:
-- Risk: They cancel the promo (I'm not sure they intended for it to last forever)
2) Port the number I want to keep onto the One Plus line, and presumably the line will close and I'll have my main number + the promo.
--Risk: I cant find much info on intra- carrier porting. Also playing with the line may cause the system to register it as a new line and I'll lose the promo.

[I could not find a relevant thread to this and if this is the wrong board please let me know]
Rent out the usage of the line?

Offline Mikes@Micro

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 04:20:34 PM »
I don't have specific experience, but with sprint, I purchased a new phone for my wife who is on a grandfathered plan with many promos applied, and they closed and reopened her line as part of the transfer. It messed up the whole plan but after many HUCAs I was able to restore it all.
I guess she needed a (new) sim card?

Rent out the usage of the line?
I want to use my main phone number on the One Plus plan.
Quote or engagement  equals full throated endorsement and vote!
H/t PinchosL

Offline lcm

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 04:28:51 PM »
Port your main number to Google voice.
Cancel that line.
Have the number that you now ported to Google voice forward to the one plus line.
If your on Android (I don't know abt iOS) you can set that the outgoing calls are routed through your Google voice number even when using regular calling

Offline coffeebean

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 08:10:45 PM »
My ideas so far:

Port out the regular line to any other carrier and port back in to promo line

Offline Definitions

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 08:47:47 PM »
My ideas so far:

Intra carrier porting can't be done AFAIK. I guess it can't hurt to call up from a random number and ask them if it's possible.
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.