Author Topic: married segment  (Read 736 times)

Offline bmw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
married segment
« on: September 01, 2020, 09:31:22 PM »
i cant find the thread...

Now let’s talk about the more straightforward and “legitimate” approach. American allows five day holds on award tickets (within a couple of weeks they often only allow one day holds), so place the cheaper itinerary on hold (in the above case, New York to San Francisco to Los Angeles). Once you’ve done so, call American and tell them you just want to end in San Francisco, and ask them to take off the second segment.

Based on my experience this should be possible, though not all agents can figure out how to do it. So this might be a case of “hang up and call again” if you don’t get the answer you want. The computer definitely seems to allow this, though not all phone agents can make it work.

i made such a booking on hold  [5 days]  called to knock off segment [it was cx flight] after 2 days i see reservation cancelled. anyone have expericence, is it safe ?

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Re: married segment
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 09:34:36 PM »
i cant find the thread...

Now let’s talk about the more straightforward and “legitimate” approach. American allows five day holds on award tickets (within a couple of weeks they often only allow one day holds), so place the cheaper itinerary on hold (in the above case, New York to San Francisco to Los Angeles). Once you’ve done so, call American and tell them you just want to end in San Francisco, and ask them to take off the second segment.

Based on my experience this should be possible, though not all agents can figure out how to do it. So this might be a case of “hang up and call again” if you don’t get the answer you want. The computer definitely seems to allow this, though not all phone agents can make it work.

i made such a booking on hold  [5 days]  called to knock off segment [it was cx flight] after 2 days i see reservation cancelled. anyone have expericence, is it safe ?
They are told not to do it on their own metal, they had a memo circulating indicating they are being watched and should not do it.

On partners, I'm not sure.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline bmw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: married segment
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 09:38:50 PM »
my issue is not finding agent to do it, only if can have repercusions...