Author Topic: Delta 50% First Class Capacity- Ridiculous  (Read 854 times)

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Delta 50% First Class Capacity- Ridiculous
« on: September 01, 2020, 12:29:54 PM »
Onboard DL 817 LAX-BOS
Originally I thought DL was just leaving the seat next you open. Turns out the policy is actually capacity controlled.
Based on leaving an empty seat next to each seat, capacity is capped.
For example if there are 20 first class seats, they will only fill 10 of those seats REGARDLESS if there are party's of two sitting next to each other.
I flew 6 DL flights in the past 3 days on a variety of aircraft including 764, 175, 321, 757, 739. Every flight had empty rows in First or D1 despite a waitlist for upgrades, including empty singly seats on the 175 & 764. I only cleared 2 of 6 upgrades (for the longest flights, though) and was annoyed with this silly policy. Empty seat? I can understand. Empty rows? seems like brainless agents/policy... including the most recent gate agent at LAX gate 24 who claimed it was an FAA policy  :o Kudos to her she upgraded me after i was comfortably ensconced in an empty reclining exit row with movable armrests.

Thoughts? Am i just nitpicking, or is this policy ridiculous?

Seat Map as Boarding was completed. I was last to board (I always board last- especially on Basic tickets when you can self upgrade  :D )

2 empty rows right now despite some upgrades not clearing - Not Cool

Offline Joe4007

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Delta 50% First Class Capacity- Ridiculous
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 04:01:32 PM »
https://onemileatatime.com/delta-blocking-seats/

Seems like this will be changing in November.