Author Topic: ANA redemption on United  (Read 85831 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: ANA redemption on Continental
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2010, 05:17:45 PM »
ok, so i now have on hold these ticks through usair, for 120k rt plus 132.50 total in fees and taxes.   the question is like this.  i really want to originate my trip in miami, and on the way back i want to stop in ny for a day and then continue to miami.  the agent told me i can only take a stopover in a hub city, and obviously neither lh nor lx have ny as a hub city.  any suggestions?     and, ya, i told the agent i had looked around online and "thought" i saw a ticket...
BTW, CO has a NY hub.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yare

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2010, 06:46:06 PM »
ya co has a ny hub, but i find their award availability sucks.    i've been looking at some flights on ana that show me "rq" and it says on top that that means "submit seat request to other airline"    anyone know what that means?  is the seat actually available?  is there any way to check the availability before i go and transfer miles into my ana account? 

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2010, 06:59:11 PM »
ya co has a ny hub, but i find their award availability sucks.    i've been looking at some flights on ana that show me "rq" and it says on top that that means "submit seat request to other airline"    anyone know what that means?  is the seat actually available?  is there any way to check the availability before i go and transfer miles into my ana account? 
I don't think that seat is actually available.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2010, 09:55:37 PM »

if it says 'ok' then its available a '-' means its not offered and an 'x' means not available

Offline andrew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2010, 08:03:12 AM »
"If this works then I think we found one of the better ways to redeem starpoints to Israel on Business without having to deal with FB/KLM type hars to get awards"
what is the fb/klm way to do jfk/tlv?

Offline yare

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2010, 04:52:39 PM »
lol.  search klm on a site you may have heard of... dansdeals.com   see what comes up

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2010, 12:17:43 PM »
Once you book a ticket using ANA, does anyone know if there is a way to see your confirmation number with the carrier you are flying on?

Meaning if you book a UA ticket using ANA, they show you the ANA confirmation number but not the UA one. I would need the UA one to choose seats on the UA website. Is there a way to get that # without calling them?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2010, 12:19:58 PM »
Once you book a ticket using ANA, does anyone know if there is a way to see your confirmation number with the carrier you are flying on?

Meaning if you book a UA ticket using ANA, they show you the ANA confirmation number but not the UA one. I would need the UA one to choose seats on the UA website. Is there a way to get that # without calling them?

the only way I ever get the other Carriers PNR is by calling up, doesnt ANA have a US 800#?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2010, 12:28:45 PM »

You can probably call ANA or UA to get the PNR, but you definitely need to call.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2010, 12:31:57 PM »
the only way I ever get the other Carriers PNR is by calling up, doesnt ANA have a US 800#?
Thanks Steve2 and Dan. ANA does have an 800 #. I was trying to avoid calling. I always sit on hold for so long and i cant stand speaking to them.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2010, 12:49:40 PM »
Thanks Steve2 and Dan. ANA does have an 800 #. I was trying to avoid calling. I always sit on hold for so long and i cant stand speaking to them.
So call UA and give them your flight number and ask them for your PNR.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2010, 10:31:12 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that when searching ANA for domestic flights, the early morning flights dont show up?

For example: Search ANA for a flight from LGA-ORD on 9/15/10...The first listed flight is at 8 AM.
Search United.com for the same (for award seats) and the first flight listed is at 6 AM.

ANA will usually show a flight even if there is no availability and in this case both the 6 and the 7 both have availability. Perhaps ANA themselves dont have flights before 8 AM?

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2010, 12:49:48 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that when searching ANA for domestic flights, the early morning flights dont show up?

For example: Search ANA for a flight from LGA-ORD on 9/15/10...The first listed flight is at 8 AM.
Search United.com for the same (for award seats) and the first flight listed is at 6 AM.

ANA will usually show a flight even if there is no availability and in this case both the 6 and the 7 both have availability. Perhaps ANA themselves dont have flights before 8 AM?
Anyone? Would a call to ANA make these flight available?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 14, 2010, 01:07:00 PM »
Would a call to ANA make these flight available?
Probably

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 04, 2010, 11:06:58 AM »
FYI- Effective April 1st, 2011, ANA is making changes to their partner award chart. You will no longer be able to fly domestic short haul flights for 14,000 or 17,000 miles. All flight less than 2000 miles will be 20,000 miles for a RT ticket. See here: https://www.ana.co.jp/eng/amc/news/info/tokuten1010/index.html

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 04, 2010, 02:41:23 PM »
FYI- Effective April 1st, 2011, ANA is making changes to their partner award chart. You will no longer be able to fly domestic short haul flights for 14,000 or 17,000 miles. All flight less than 2000 miles will be 20,000 miles for a RT ticket. See here: https://www.ana.co.jp/eng/amc/news/info/tokuten1010/index.html

it many cases that will still result in a savings in the amount of miles needed , just not a sgood a deal as it was

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 04, 2010, 02:45:21 PM »
it many cases that will still result in a savings in the amount of miles needed , just not a sgood a deal as it was

What do you mean by a savings in the amount of miles needed?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 04, 2010, 02:49:14 PM »
What do you mean by a savings in the amount of miles needed?

eg take NY-ATL its 950 miles each way = at best 25k for a free tkt, ANA will take if its possible to cash in for it 20k = a savings of 5k

sometimes the Carriers have their own short in reduced mileage tkts that go for 20k, AA used to have it for 15k

Offline sal2011

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2013, 08:22:32 AM »
Sure, you just have to sign up for a ANA account, and you can search regardless of how many miles you actually have.
how i joined i cant seem to do a search that includes partner airlines only ana im trying to get from Israel to nyc on points

Offline Twin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 26, 2013, 06:32:35 AM »
Ana is not showing TLV as a airport to depart from how do I check up flights from TLV to EWR on United??