Author Topic: How to collect a big amount of UR points (Chase)  (Read 114670 times)

Offline twentie4hrs

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: How to collect a big amount of UR points (Chase)
« Reply #180 on: January 09, 2012, 04:41:38 PM »
The first time you asked me to bet, I admitted I was wrong before we actually bet, but you get upset I didn't bet anyway.

The second time you asked me to bet (today), I had no reason to bet. Why would I? All I mentioned was a concern that OP should be made aware of. (If I had known ahead of time the manner in which he ended up responding, I wouldn't have bothered.)

And, finally, with regard to "there may be a risk": Where I come from the word "can" means able. Chase would be contractually able, IMHO, to yank back the check if it so chose.
+1
A penny saved is 1 cent

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 09, 2012, 04:45:06 PM »
In 2 hours you can do better than make $1,500?  Then why are you wasting time on DDF/FWF? 
You are assuming it will be only two hours and a ruling in your favor for 1.5k.

You feel I am wasting my time here?
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #182 on: January 09, 2012, 04:46:27 PM »
And, finally, with regard to "there may be a risk": Where I come from the word "can" means able. Chase would be contractually able, IMHO, to yank back the check if it so chose.
Well then I apologize for misunderstanding you as saying that Chase would take back the check if you sued them.  Something that I think is extremely remote, but will admit "can" happen.  Thanks for the disclaimer.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #183 on: January 09, 2012, 04:48:00 PM »
You are assuming it will be only two hours and a ruling in your favor for 1.5k.

You feel I am wasting my time here?
From my understanding that's how long a small claims case will take.  Or much less if they don't show up.
If you don't think you have any shot at winning then don't go, but I think there is a valid argument to be made here coupled with the reasons given for the accounts being closed and the price Chase charges for points themselves (or the 3.5cpm that Continental normally charges for points where you normally would be able to transfer the Chase points to).

If you can make $750/hour and can do that consistently then yes, you are wasting your time on DDF, go back to doing brain surgery or sticking up banks ;)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #184 on: January 09, 2012, 04:51:54 PM »
I don't understand you. I'm trying to help you by alerting you to a possible risk with suing, and you mention the only guy (to my knowledge) who Dan banned from DDF?

All I mentioned was a concern that OP should be made aware of. (If I had known ahead of time the manner in which he ended up responding, I wouldn't have bothered.)

Helping by answering questions is helpful. But the long drawn out arguments and derailing the conversation was simply more help then I bargained for. These kind of arguments are strikingly similar to the steve2 days, which is why I mentioned him.

Offline twentie4hrs

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 09, 2012, 04:52:59 PM »
Dan, even since earlier, you seem to be itching to get into it with AJK.I don't get it. All he stated was his opinion. And you fly off the handle about bet tin

And @avid - AJK was loooking out for you, and you compare him to steve2? Seems ungrateful to me.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 04:56:11 PM by twentie4hrs »
A penny saved is 1 cent

Offline HelpMe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 09, 2012, 04:53:12 PM »
If you can make $750/hour and can do that consistently then yes, you are wasting your time on DDF, go back to doing brain surgery or sticking up banks ;)
To bad you added that part or I would have offered you a bet.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 09, 2012, 05:00:24 PM »
To me it just seems like you're trigger happy to bet.

BTW, just to clarify, you were the one who first offered to bet in the other, thread, not me.
So much for being trigger happy, today was the only day I asked for a bet.

Lol...in your dreams.
You're not looking at return protection.

Wanna bet? :P

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #188 on: January 09, 2012, 05:02:35 PM »
Dan, even since earlier, you seem to be itching to get into it with AJK.I don't get it. All he stated was his opinion. And you fly off the handle about bet tin

And @avid - AJK was loooking out for you, and you compare him to steve2? Seems ungrateful to me.

Thanks man. I thought I was the only one :P
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 09, 2012, 05:04:53 PM »

Itching to get into it?  That post was based on past skirmishes.  I don't itch to argue with anyone.

AJK doesn't just state his opinion, he time and time again makes sure that anyone who argues with him feels like a moron/belittles them/makes petty insults (there's probably one coming my way) and he can't possibly ever admit to being wrong and lost his cool the one time I posted where he did say "I was wrong" because it apparently wasn't fit for public consumption.

And steve2 contributed a ton to this forum, much more than 99% of people here.  But was contstantly getting into arguments with people and eventually decided to stop posting on DDF on his own free will.
What exactly is ungrateful about the comparison?  AJK would be lucky to have half the knowledge steve2 has.

Offline twentie4hrs

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 09, 2012, 05:08:17 PM »
BTW, just to clarify, you were the one who first offered to bet in the other, thread, not me.

So AJK originally asked-at least the main point is the same. He decided not to bet, admitted he was wrong, and then you call him out for not betting?  ???
A penny saved is 1 cent

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #191 on: January 09, 2012, 05:10:10 PM »
So much for being trigger happy, today was the only day I asked for a bet.

Another bet: http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=10545.msg136347#msg136347

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #193 on: January 09, 2012, 05:12:07 PM »
AJK doesn't just state his opinion, he time and time again makes sure that anyone who argues with him feels like a moron/belittles them/makes petty insults (there's probably one coming my way) and he can't possibly ever admit to being wrong and lost his cool the one time I posted where he did say "I was wrong" because it apparently wasn't fit for public consumption.

Before you posted what I sent you in private, I stated publicly:

I was incorrect regarding the limits.

Do you also not know that those are synonyms?

And steve2 contributed a ton to this forum, much more than 99% of people here.  But was contstantly getting into arguments with people and eventually decided to stop posting on DDF on his own free will.
What exactly is ungrateful about the comparison?  AJK would be lucky to have half the knowledge steve2 has.

Right. Because the comparison to Steve2 was complimentary.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 09, 2012, 05:12:22 PM »
So AJK originally asked-at least the main point is the same. He decided not to bet, admitted he was wrong, and then you call him out for not betting?  ???
I called him out only AFTER he called me out in multiple posts for posting the PM where he admitted that he was wrong.

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 09, 2012, 05:13:53 PM »
So AJK originally asked-at least the main point is the same. He decided not to bet, admitted he was wrong , and then you call him out for not betting?  ???

He admitted to Dan privately that he was wrong -(he pm'ed Dan that he was wrong)

I'm not getting involved,  but I do agree with Dan that Ajk seems have a very hard time being wrong even when he's really wrong. Just my 0.02

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 09, 2012, 05:14:45 PM »
Do you also not know that those are synonyms?
I do, but you OTOH seem to have a hard time stating the W word in public.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 09, 2012, 05:15:01 PM »
I called him out only AFTER he called me out in multiple posts for posting the PM where he admitted that he was wrong.

What's that got to do with the price of tea in china?

You call me out for not betting after I express some disdain about having a private message publicized? And this after I admitted I was wrong?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 09, 2012, 05:15:35 PM »
He admitted to Dan privately that he was wrong -(he pm'ed Dan that he was wrong)

I'm not getting involved,  but I do agree with Dan that Ajk seems have a very hard time being wrong even when he's really wrong. Just my 0.02

Saver with all due respect, did you read the thread you're referring to?

I admitted I was wrong/incorrect before Dan posted what I said to him.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 09, 2012, 05:17:26 PM »
If being incorrect about a factoid is that same as saying "I was wrong" then why in the world get worked up in a tizzy over me posting a PM where all you say is "I'm wrong."