Topic Wiki

Where can i get a PCR or Rapid Test in CH?

1. Kamin Urgent Care Center

Author Topic: Crown Heights as a COVID-19 lab  (Read 89012 times)

Offline Essen est zich

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
Re: Crown Heights as a COVID-19 lab
« Reply #600 on: June 10, 2021, 09:59:58 PM »
So no guidance from the gedalia society this year?

Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #601 on: August 02, 2021, 06:59:35 PM »
I'm not sure if Ukraine is a typo and it's meant to say Uzbekistan, or if there are more details here.

https://crownheights.info/chabad-news/741221/multiple-covid-cases-arrive-back-from-ukraine-on-chof-av-chartered-flight/

If indeed the chartered flight brought back COVID-19, I wonder what that says about the 3 day prior to flight COVID test requirement. I think these people might have tested in the US prior to departure and had their tests valid for the return. Alternatively, they could have all tested upon landing in Uzbekistan and had it valid for the return.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 02, 2021, 07:11:16 PM »
I'm not sure if Ukraine is a typo and it's meant to say Uzbekistan, or if there are more details here.

https://crownheights.info/chabad-news/741221/multiple-covid-cases-arrive-back-from-ukraine-on-chof-av-chartered-flight/

If indeed the chartered flight brought back COVID-19, I wonder what that says about the 3 day prior to flight COVID test requirement. I think these people might have tested in the US prior to departure and had their tests valid for the return. Alternatively, they could have all tested upon landing in Uzbekistan and had it valid for the return.

Or they got special treatment and skirted the testing requirements.

Thanks for posting this, I came here to ask about an uptick in crown heights, it seems more people are masking up.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Essen est zich

• View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 02, 2021, 08:02:38 PM »
I'm not surprised that the other 2 sites didn't cover this. I'm wondering who this leaked memo is as well...
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline Mf1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 02, 2021, 08:25:33 PM »
A relative was at their pcp in CH and was told by one of the pa's there that in a number of the CH overnight camps there were a few cases.

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #605 on: August 02, 2021, 08:47:50 PM »
A relative was at their pcp in CH and was told by one of the pa's there that in a number of the CH overnight camps there were a few cases.

I have no doubt that it will sweep through every camp and only a fraction of those that catch it will even know about it.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 02, 2021, 10:33:42 PM »
I have no doubt that it will sweep through every camp and only a fraction of those that catch it will even know about it.

Fine for kids/teens. I’m worried about older unvaccinated people who will ch”v get reinfected 1.5 years after their first infection.

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #607 on: August 02, 2021, 10:37:22 PM »
Fine for kids/teens. I’m worried about older unvaccinated people who will ch”v get reinfected 1.5 years after their first infection.

I'm not saying it's a good thing they're getting infected, I'm just stating my opinion on what the metziis is. Though if they get it in overnight camps, they will have immunity when they come back home to the grandparents. Day camps are a bigger problem.

I'm also curious about the vaccination rate of the elderly, anecdotally, it's quite high. I hope that is representative

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 02, 2021, 10:41:55 PM »
I'm not saying it's a good thing they're getting infected, I'm just stating my opinion on what the metziis is. Though if they get it in overnight camps, they will have immunity when they come back home to the grandparents.

If some teens will recover from an asymptomatic infection in camp, others might catch it from them and come home to said grandparents with an asymptomatic infection.

I'm also curious about the vaccination rate of the elderly, anecdotally, it's quite high. I hope that is representative

Curious as well. I share your hopes.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #609 on: August 03, 2021, 09:57:51 AM »

Thanks for posting this, I came here to ask about an uptick in crown heights, it seems more people are masking up.

I confirmed yesterday with someone that was on the chartererd flight. They all got tested in US prior to leaving for re-entry into the US. Everyone was swabbed in their own home or office as part of the package price.
-- Dan

Offline Yaalili

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 03, 2021, 10:34:12 AM »

This.. based on knowledge from people on the flight.

Offline Yaalili

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 03, 2021, 10:35:28 AM »
I confirmed yesterday with someone that was on the chartererd flight. They all got tested in US prior to leaving for re-entry into the US. Everyone was swabbed in their own home or office as part of the package price.

Everyone did have to get “tested” but it was one of those that come back always “negative” was my understanding from some on the flight.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 03, 2021, 10:41:52 AM »
Everyone did have to get “tested” but it was one of those that come back always “negative” was my understanding from some on the flight.

I don't know about always coming back negative. Based on what I was told by someone who was on the flight, it was rather superficial. That being said, IME the tests administered upon landing in TLV are also very superficial.

But that is totally irrelevant. Supposedly exposure might have occurred in Almaty, with people from all over the world in attendance and large crowds coming together. A test administered in the US prior to departure would do nothing to detect a virus that was picked up in Almaty from someone arriving from elsewhere. And no regulations were skirted. A PCR test was conducted 3 days prior to departure from Almaty back to the US!
-- Dan

Offline whYME

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 03, 2021, 11:27:06 AM »

I assume Uzbekistan is a typo and you meant to say Kazakhstan? Or am i missing something here?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 03, 2021, 12:09:47 PM »
I assume Uzbekistan is a typo and you meant to say Kazakhstan? Or am i missing something here?

You are absolutely right. Uzbekistan was on my mind for a while, as my son was hoping to go there on Merkos Shlichus.

Almaty is indeed in Kazakhstan.
-- Dan

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #615 on: August 03, 2021, 01:35:11 PM »

Did the people on this flight interact with the shluchim at the kinnus which was happening there at the same time?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 03, 2021, 01:41:59 PM »
Did the people on this flight interact with the shluchim at the kinnus which was happening there at the same time?
from what I heard there was about an hour overlap. flight group left about an hour after the shluchim arrived.
pan kloli was the overlap

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #617 on: August 03, 2021, 01:51:46 PM »
from what I heard there was about an hour overlap. flight group left about an hour after the shluchim arrived.
pan kloli was the overlap

BH. Not fantastic, but could have been much worse. Not that anyone is going to learn anything from this, but the blasé attitude towards a simple Covid test could have caused outbreaks in tens of Jewish communities, and in places with less than optimal healthcare to boot. The irony of going to Reb Levik's ohel giving no regard to anyone else....
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Essen est zich

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 16, 2021, 10:20:11 PM »
Does anyone know what the covid situation is in ch? Now that camps are back and bochurim are in town...
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 16, 2021, 11:19:49 PM »
Does anyone know what the covid situation is in ch? Now that camps are back and bochurim are in town...

I don't know that people will know if they have the new variant, but yes, I know a number of people who tested positive over the past couple of weeks in:
Monsey
Flatbush
Crown Heights
Great Neck
My pediatrician in Crown Heights sent out a notice that Delta is spreading through frum communities including Crown Heights.
Plenty of reports on DDF that cases are rising in Lakewood.

So yeah, it's real and it's here. Get vaccinated.