Topic Wiki

Where can i get a PCR or Rapid Test in CH?

1. Kamin Urgent Care Center

Author Topic: Crown Heights as a COVID-19 lab  (Read 87526 times)

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: Crown Heights as a COVID-19 lab
« Reply #240 on: September 25, 2020, 09:21:57 AM »
https://covid19ch.blogspot.com/2020/09/covid-19-update-43.html?m=1

We need someone to rise to the task of analyzing their statemens and changes in language in a similar manner to the analysis of the FOMC statements are analyzed.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #241 on: September 25, 2020, 10:54:32 AM »
https://covid19ch.blogspot.com/2020/09/covid-19-update-43.html?m=1
Is it just me, or does it look like they’re stepping it down a little from previous updates?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 25, 2020, 11:07:38 AM »
Is it just me, or does it look like they’re stepping it down a little from previous updates?
I wonder if it's because CH isn't being hit as hard as other frum communities this time, which lends credence to their "mass immunity" theory.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #243 on: September 25, 2020, 11:14:36 AM »
I wonder if it's because CH isn't being hit as hard as other frum communities this time, which lends credence to their "mass immunity" theory.
Yes I’m wondering if they have a higher level of immunity there, or perhaps they were more proactive in distancing/mask wearing/ protecting the high risk.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #244 on: September 25, 2020, 11:17:41 AM »

I can only speculate, but it's possible they're trying to maintain calm. They weren't very happy that Dr. Rosen's conversation with officials about potential shul and school closings leaked. They could be trying to temper some of the rhetoric. Just my guess.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #245 on: September 25, 2020, 11:20:05 AM »
We need someone to rise to the task of analyzing their statemens and changes in language in a similar manner to the analysis of the FOMC statements are analyzed.

Right. *That's* the issue. We need a Nachshon to "rise to the task" of bringing down the Gedaliah Society - the notorious Big Pharma Conglomerate the group of individuals who rose to the challenge at the start of this mageifa when everyone was clueless, afraid, and uncertain, and even community leadership was silent. We need a Nachshon to take down the real life, modern day Nachsons who have done their best to balance protecting the community with guidelines that people will actually follow and not push back on.

As Chassidim, shouldn't we be doing things even on the slightest of off chances it could help someone else? Even if it makes us uncomfortable? Even if we believe them to be useless? Isn't that the very embodiment of Chossid sorfan? Why, for instance, do we have hundreds of people cramming into a tight space, even if it is outdoors, and when the organizers are begging everyone to put on masks as they walk in - and give out free masks - yet still ~30% of people don't wear them?

It's a fluid situation. What we know about the virus is constantly changing. They're doing the best they can on a volunteer basis. Instead of harping on verbiage changes and being cynical about every suggestion they make because we are all so frieking smart and know so much better than everyone, maybe let's try do better at actually being Chassidim - acting with midas Chassidus - and follow their reasonable guidelines, keep people safe, and keep schools and shuls open safely.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #246 on: September 25, 2020, 11:32:19 AM »
Yes I’m wondering if they have a higher level of immunity there, or perhaps they were more proactive in distancing/mask wearing/ protecting the high risk.
They definitely did more there over RH than Lakewood.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #247 on: September 25, 2020, 11:35:13 AM »
Right. *That's* the issue. We need a Nachshon to "rise to the task" of bringing down the Gedaliah Society - the notorious Big Pharma Conglomerate the group of individuals who rose to the challenge at the start of this mageifa when everyone was clueless, afraid, and uncertain, and even community leadership was silent. We need a Nachshon to take down the real life, modern day Nachsons who have done their best to balance protecting the community with guidelines that people will actually follow and not push back on.

As Chassidim, shouldn't we be doing things even on the slightest of off chances it could help someone else? Even if it makes us uncomfortable? Even if we believe them to be useless? Isn't that the very embodiment of Chossid sorfan? Why, for instance, do we have hundreds of people cramming into a tight space, even if it is outdoors, and when the organizers are begging everyone to put on masks as they walk in - and give out free masks - yet still ~30% of people don't wear them?

It's a fluid situation. What we know about the virus is constantly changing. They're doing the best they can on a volunteer basis. Instead of harping on verbiage changes and being cynical about every suggestion they make because we are all so frieking smart and know so much better than everyone, maybe let's try do better at actually being Chassidim - acting with midas Chassidus - and follow their reasonable guidelines, keep people safe, and keep schools and shuls open safely.

I know it's Friday, and Erev Shabbos Shuva, but I think you've taken things a step beyond.

I made a (somewhat snarky, I will admit) comment about the changing language, which reminded me of how FOMC announcements changes to language are parsed. I had no intention to comment and did not comment on the content of their post.

It seems like some others did indeed notice what I had noticed, but unlike my comment which was just a general one about the changes and more so about how people tend to (over)analyze the language of their posts, the others who posted actually made attempts at such analysis.

I respect and appreciate everything the Gedalia society did, is doing, and is trying to do. I also get a consistent vibe from their posts that they are seem to be extremely careful in their wordings, treading on eggshells, being PC, etc. And while that would probably be a prudent way for me to act and say things publicly, since I do get business from the community, and it's never good to offend or mock anyone, I allow myself to go a little loose with my cynicism in some areas, and more so in this forum.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 12:05:44 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #248 on: September 25, 2020, 11:42:22 AM »
I know it's Friday, and Erev Shabbos Shuva, but I think you've taken things a step beyond.

I made a (somewhat snarky, I will admit) comment about the changing language, which reminded me of how FOMC announcements changes to language are parsed. I had not intention and did not comment on the content of their post.

It seems like some others did indeed notice what I had noticed, but unlike my comment which was just a general one about the changes and more so about how people tend to (over)analyze the language of their posts, the others who posted actually made attempts at such analysis.

I respect and appreciate everything the Gedalia society did, is doing, and is trying to do. I also get a consistent vibe from their posts that they are seem to be extremely careful in their wordings, treading on eggshells, being PC, etc. And while that would probably be a prudent way for me to act and say things publicly, since I do get business from the community, and it's never good to offend or mock anyone, I allow myself to go a little loose with my cynicism in some areas, and more so in this forum.

My comment is definitely a step beyond as a response to you, and I'm sorry I unloaded that all on you, but really it's a frustrated response to the general attitiude I am seeing and hearing. When I hear people in stores and Shuls mocking and ridiculing those that are wearing masks, it is really upsetting.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 25, 2020, 12:06:51 PM »
My comment is definitely a step beyond as a response to you, and I'm sorry I unloaded that all on you, but really it's a frustrated response to the general attitiude I am seeing and hearing. When I hear people in stores and Shuls mocking and ridiculing those that are wearing masks, it is really upsetting.

NP.

You've used my lines as your signature tags, and I wear that as a badge of honor!
-- Dan

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #250 on: September 25, 2020, 12:12:55 PM »
You've used my lines as your signature tags, and I wear that as a badge of honor!
I wonder how @Dan feels

Offline Essen est zich

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline lev g

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 06, 2020, 07:00:02 PM »
In the new Cuomo hak a tchaynik, Is CH considered a orange area?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
-- Dan

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #255 on: October 06, 2020, 07:51:32 PM »
Evidently, not even yellow.

Can you imagine if Cuomo turns Queens yellow and makes CH ois yellow?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 06, 2020, 09:51:08 PM »

Proof what a farce these color zones are. South Brooklyn was all painted yellow with a broad brush and 11213 is ignored.

I’m not complaining, but he can call himself scientific all he wants, this is one more decision that’s reactive and at best semi-scientific (whatever that means).
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #257 on: October 06, 2020, 09:55:22 PM »
Yellow isn't for areas close to 3%, it's for areas around the red zones to that people can't just go to the next block over.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 06, 2020, 09:55:33 PM »
Can you imagine if Cuomo turns Queens yellow and makes CH ois yellow?

U.n.b.e.l.i.e.v.a.b.l.e.!

(Now I understand what happened to the yellow flag that I saw the other day on my neighbor's Sukkah).
-- Dan

Offline lev g

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 07, 2020, 12:14:14 AM »
Yellow isn't for areas close to 3%, it's for areas around the red zones to that people can't just go to the next block over.

If you look at the map it doesn’t make sense, it literally looks like a bucket of paint just flipped over.