Topic Wiki

Where can i get a PCR or Rapid Test in CH?

1. Kamin Urgent Care Center

Author Topic: Crown Heights as a COVID-19 lab  (Read 87317 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: Crown Heights as a COVID-19 lab
« Reply #360 on: October 20, 2020, 03:12:58 PM »
If you don't have the time to listen, I'll just let you know that he is on the side of the Communists, and wants to send your kids to FEMA camps. Also, he wants to poke nasal swabs so far up your child's nostrils it will scrape out brain matter, plus he is joining Satmar's fight against Chabad and wants the schools to use the waiver to take over all medical treatment of your children in perpetuity without liability. I think that's about it.

Hence @Yehuda57's signature line.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #361 on: October 20, 2020, 03:19:23 PM »
Hence @Yehuda57's signature line.

Every single one of those claims have been made, without exaggeration.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #362 on: October 20, 2020, 03:56:05 PM »

I believe you (though I haven't been following the noise) doesn't make your post any less sarcastic.

The fact is that it's extremely sad that people give this nonsense any credence (has anyone put their names on those claims, or are they all Pashkvillen?).
-- Dan

Offline gozalim

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 20, 2020, 04:05:37 PM »
I believe you (though I haven't been following the noise) doesn't make your post any less sarcastic.

The fact is that it's extremely sad that people give this nonsense any credence (has anyone put their names on those claims, or are they all Pashkvillen?).
DG has no issue signing his name

Online yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 20, 2020, 08:09:10 PM »
What we've seen so far in 2020 seems to confirm the study that the Federal Reserve Bank of New York put out in early March of this year....

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #365 on: October 20, 2020, 08:11:22 PM »
What we've seen so far in 2020 seems to confirm the study that the Federal Reserve Bank of New York put out in early March of this year....

?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Online yelped

• View Profile

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #367 on: October 20, 2020, 11:41:05 PM »
Was posted here somewhere early on.

https://www.newyorkfed.org/medialibrary/media/research/staff_reports/sr921.pdf

Why the CH thread, though? Based on the abstract, it should probably go in the 1936 thread. Interesting that their observations from 1920s-30s Germany seem to fit with where I see this country going over the next decade, albeit with slightly different results (hopefully).
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Online yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 21, 2020, 12:15:30 AM »
Why the CH thread, though? Based on the abstract, it should probably go in the 1936 thread. Interesting that their observations from 1920s-30s Germany seem to fit with where I see this country going over the next decade, albeit with slightly different results (hopefully).
True, I just remembered about it, because we were discussing how people start listening to wack jobs, etc.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 21, 2020, 04:49:41 PM »

And now an email from the school:

Dear Parents,

We would like to thank all of you for doing your part in keeping our schools open and safe.

We understand the hesitation and discomfort many have felt, and we are aware of the confusion that’s being spread by social media and groups.

This confusion was compounded prior to the recently issued messages from the Rov and Community Doctors. We therefore greatly appreciate the trust you have placed with us.

We hope that the following points will bring more clarification and answer some of your questions.

Testing details

A.      We have been made aware of Kovod Lubavitch issues with the first facility that conducted the testing. We therefore switched to Community Urgent Care to conduct the testing.  If you object to this agency conducting the testing, please reply to this email indicating so. In that case, a weekly negative test result will be required as in #B below. 

B.      As a reminder, you can choose to decline the testing done in school, and obtain a NON-RAPID test from your doctor. In that case, a negative test result must be emailed to .... every Monday to allow your child to come to school. The negative test result needs to be less than 1 week old.

C.      As you surely know by now, the testing follows the CDC guidelines, of a swab not more than half an inch in the nose.

D.      Testing will be conducted every Tuesday 11:AM – 12:PM, unless otherwise communicated. We plan to continue this testing until the point in time that our numbers are considered to be safe enough to not be a public health threat, or a closure threat.

E.       If you would like to be present during the testing, please make sure to be present in school every Tuesday at 11:AM.

F.       Testing if for all students ages 3 and older.

Testing Background

G.      It is important to note that it is in our best interest to detect any positive Covid cases in our school, so they can isolate and not transmit it to others.

There have been positive Covid cases in our student and staff body over Yom Tov. Being that this happened while school was not in session, there was no need for any class to go into quarantine.

H.      As you have surely heard, the schools in Boro Park have reached an agreement with the Mayor’s office, that as soon as the positive versus negative rates go down, the schools will be allowed to open.

Our goal from the onset of this campaign has been to prevent the devastating damage that will be caused by school shutdown, as well as to keep our school safe.

We do not want to have to introduce testing as a means to reopen our schools.

I.         While our school had done our share, getting 11213 to have lower numbers will take a community wide effort. It has taken some time, but with the other schools joining in, we will certainly reach this goal.

J.        We encourage all healthy parents and adults to also get tested. This can be done both at school, at your doctor’s office, or at a testing drive.  This will help us achieve more negative results which will benefit the schools.

K.       The testing drive conducted on Sukkos resulted in 0 positives for 11213. The 2 testing conducted in school resulted in 1 false positive. The rates were therefore great in reducing the numbers. That false positive was immediately proven negative with a repeat test.

Government

L.       The initiation of this campaign was not on the behest or even discussed with any Government Agency. Nor had we received any indication whatsoever from any governmental authority that this is desired.

M.    We saw the closure order on other Jewish zip codes, the warning on Williamsburg that was averted by mass testing, and the warning issued for 11213 about our rising percentage numbers. It was clear to us that mass testing is necessary to avert a closure order.

N.      Only in the past few days was there public confirmation, from both the Governor and the Mayor, that mass testing resulting in bringing the numbers down would allow for reopening.

O.      We have reached out to the NYC Dep of Health (Deputy Commissioner Torrie Easterling and others) on Friday 28 Tishrei and have also participated in a conference call with the DOH and local doctors on Sunday, Rosh Chodesh Cheshvon.

The following points were made clear:

1.       The only metrics that are being applied to local areas, (zip codes/blocks) are the percentage of positive versus negative testing and hospitalization rates. The amount of positive cases per population will not be used per zip code/blocks, but only for the entire NYC.

2.       Although the City has no established formula for closing an individual Non-Public School that has positive cases, a school that can show frequent confirmation of negative results for the rest of the population will be less likely to face closure, as opposed to a school where there is no data on the rest of the population.

3.       The City is not requiring any testing for any school that is not yet in the hotspot zones. They can only encourage testing, and say that it is a good public health policy.

4.       I asked the DOH if a campaign of mass testing healthy people in order to bring the numbers down is acceptable, as it may be construed as “gaming the system”? DOH responded that they would very much welcome such a campaign resulting in many more negatives, resulting in lower infection rates.

5.       During that phone conference, our local doctors have agreed that mass testing is something positive from a public health point of view. They have stated that they do not have the capacity to handle large volumes, and would prefer that the testing be conducted via a Testing Drive, like what we are doing in the schools.

Explanation of the numbers:
The last 2 weeks ending in Shmini Atzeres, have resulted in the percentage (positive versus negative) going up, despite the fact that actual positive cases have gone down. That is because there were less healthy people being tested, and there were less negative results.

We are waiting for the Shabbos Braishis results to be published.

Percentage                     Positive tests

Week ending      September 19 (Rosh Hashona)            2.41                                       27

Week ending      September 26 (Shabbos Shuva)           1.82                                       34

Week ending      October 3 (Sukkos)                              1.98                                        25

Week ending      October 10 (Shmini Atzeres)                2.23                                       25

The Oct 10  rate would have been higher, if not for the public testing that occurred in Sukkos.

This same rate could have been significantly lower had there been a greater turnout.

Additional Info:

https://hamodia.com/2020/10/18/governor-cuomos-sunday-night-conference-call-jewish-leaders/
https://boropark24.com/news/scoop-mayor-de-blasio-meets-with-jewish-community-leaders-who-recommend-increased-testing-to-lower-positivity-rates
-- Dan

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 21, 2020, 04:55:42 PM »
And now an email from the school:
(What does kovod lubavitch mean?)

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #371 on: October 21, 2020, 05:11:22 PM »
(What does kovod lubavitch mean?)

Oh no, not this again

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 21, 2020, 05:58:36 PM »
Oh no, not this again
Anthropology is fascinating :)

Online yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 21, 2020, 09:47:21 PM »
Oh no, not this again
I remember that, but what does this mean? What was the kovod Lubavitch issues mean? And it is weird to write that...

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 21, 2020, 10:25:26 PM »
I remember that, but what does this mean? What was the kovod Lubavitch issues mean? And it is weird to write that...

From what I hear, there was an issue of the owner of the urgent care center originally contracted to do the testing, having a track record of causing problems to some Chabad house.

I have no first or second hand knowledge of those allegations.

So in essence, what is meant here by kovod Lubavitch seems to be self-respect and dignity not to feed the hand that slaps you. Not to be confused with Kiddush Shem Lubavitch which is a different issue.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 11:06:33 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #375 on: October 21, 2020, 10:44:09 PM »
Anthropology is fascinating :)

My wife thinks so too, though personally I hate shopping

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #376 on: October 21, 2020, 10:53:37 PM »
Oh no, not this again
Nah, doodle and shkop were COVID-19 Discussion Board victims.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 22, 2020, 12:35:02 AM »
Oh no, not this again

Should have mentioned Moshiach!

https://crownheights.info/chabad-news/716842/breaking-kinus-hashluchim-5781-will-be-entirely-virtual/

“Therefore, we are notifying Shluchim, that this year’s Kinus will not be in person and will be entirely virtual. There will not be any in person programming, meals or hosting. In order to avoid any potential of a Chilul Hashem or Chilul Shem Lubavitch, we are asking Shluchim to please not come to New York during the Kinus dates.
-- Dan

Offline lcm

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Crown Heights as a COVID-19 lab
« Reply #379 on: November 02, 2020, 06:02:32 AM »
https://covid19ch.blogspot.com/2020/11/covid-19-update-45.html?m=1

I have Gedaliah Society fatigue.

Let them report the raw data and leave it at that.
-- Dan