Author Topic: A face mask that cancelled a flight.  (Read 1677 times)

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: A face mask that cancelled a flight.
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2020, 12:08:35 AM »
The CDC says it's dangerous for children under 2 to wear a mask because they may not be able to remove it if they have trouble breathing

Fake news
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-guidance.html

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2020, 02:46:19 AM »
Fake news
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-guidance.html
Which part?

This is from the page you linked "Masks should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance."
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2020, 08:29:23 AM »
Which part?

This part

The CDC says it's dangerous for children under 2 to wear a mask because they may not be able to remove it if they have trouble breathing

Is not at all the same as:

ĒMasks should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance."

And

Masks should not be worn by:

-Children younger than 2 years old
-Anyone who has trouble breathing
-Anyone who is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2020, 09:47:30 AM »
This part

Is not at all the same as:

And
You decided to attack me instead of doing the tiniest bit of research. I just googled "is it dangerous for an infant to wear a mask" and this is the first thing that showed up.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
"Masks should NOT be put on babies or children younger than 2 because of the danger of suffocation.  Children younger than 2 years of age are listed as an exception as well as anyone who has trouble breathing or is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 09:52:22 AM by avromie7 »

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2020, 09:54:05 AM »
You decided to attack me instead of doing the tiniest bit of research. I just googled "is it dangerous for an infant to wear a mask" and this is the first thing that showed up.

"Masks should NOT be put on babies or children younger than 2 because of the danger of suffocation.  Children younger than 2 years of age are listed as an exception as well as anyone who has trouble breathing or is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance."

Didnít attack you, but what you posted is not what the CDC said, even if you repeat it. Iím actually pretty familiar with the CDC guidance which is why I piped up. But you are closer to the CDC than S209.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 10:02:56 AM by yuneeq »

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2020, 09:57:55 AM »
But masks don't cause a problem breathing......

Infants have smaller airways so they are more likely to have an issue with breathing. Hard to infer anything about adults as you imply.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2020, 10:07:09 AM »
Didnít attack you, but what you posted is not what the CDC said, even if you repeat it.
You didn't even have the decency to explain what you believe is false.

Please explain the difference between "it's dangerous for children under 2 to wear a mask because they may not be able to remove it if they have trouble breathing" and "Masks should NOT be put on babies or children younger than 2 because of the danger of suffocation.  Children younger than 2 years of age are listed as an exception as well as anyone who ... [is] otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance."

Offline Kobe bryent

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2020, 10:08:29 AM »
Wasn't it considered dangerous for children under 2?
Fake news
I just googled "is it dangerous for an infant to wear a mask" and this is the first thing that showed up.

"Masks should NOT be put on babies or children younger than 2 because of the danger of suffocation. Children younger than 2 years of age are listed as an exception as well as anyone who has trouble breathing or is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance."
but what you posted is not what the CDC said, even if you repeat it. Iím actually pretty familiar with the CDC guidance which is why I piped up.
Why is it so complicated to FTT?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 10:11:44 AM by Kobe bryent »

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2020, 10:10:30 AM »
Infants have smaller airways so they are more likely to have an issue with breathing. Hard to infer anything about adults as you imply.

This clearly includes adults as well.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2020, 10:12:47 AM »
You didn't even have the decency to explain what you believe is false.

Please explain the difference between "it's dangerous for children under 2 to wear a mask because they may not be able to remove it if they have trouble breathing" and "Masks should NOT be put on babies or children younger than 2 because of the danger of suffocation.  Children younger than 2 years of age are listed as an exception as well as anyone who ... [is] otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance."

It was late and I couldíve/shouldíve been less brief.

The difference is that the CDC statement says children under 2 ďand/orĒ and the rest of the statement is not specifically referring to children under 2. The section underneath breaks it down clearly

-Anyone who is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2020, 10:19:44 AM »
It was late and I couldíve/shouldíve been less brief.

The difference is that the CDC statement says children under 2 ďand/orĒ and the rest of the statement is not specifically referring to children under 2. The section underneath breaks it down clearly

The reason they would suffocate is because they can't take it off if they have trouble breathing. While I didn't quote the CDC word for word, calling my post fake news is utterly ridiculous.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2020, 10:22:07 AM »
Why is it so complicated to FTT?

Speak for yourself. Did you see me say that itís safe for children under 2 to wear a mask? I simply pointed out that the CDC didnít say as claimed.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2020, 10:37:55 AM »
The reason they would suffocate is because they can't take it off if they have trouble breathing. While I didn't quote the CDC word for word, calling my post fake news is utterly ridiculous.

Itís not egregious fake news and I shouldnít have used that term, it was lazy and I apologize. I just donít think itís what the CDC said exactly. For example, Iíve seen multiple reasons given (not by the CDC) for why children under 2 shouldnít wear a mask-

-They have smaller airways, so breathing through a mask is harder for them.
-If it's hard for them to breathe and they can't tell anyone or take the mask off by themselves, they could suffocate.
-Some homemade masks might have pieces that a baby could choke on, such as strings or elastic bands.
-They will likely try to remove the mask, causing them to touch their face a lot. This can increase their risk of catching and spreading the virus.

Add this to the fact that young kids donít spread COVID like adults and you have a lot of cons to recommend against wearing a mask. 

Th truth is Iím basically nit picking so just leave it at that.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 10:42:40 AM by yuneeq »

Online Yehudaa

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2020, 07:54:13 PM »
Anyone have any idea whether a 2 year old has to wear a mask on AC? I need to fly with our 2-yr old on a route that only AC flies direct, and I'm trying to decide between AC direct or DL with a connection...

Does over the age of 2 include 2 or not?

Please note, for those over the age of 2, wearing a face covering while travelling is a mandatory requirement issued by Transport Canada.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2020/cleancareplus.html#:~:text=Please%20note%2C%20for%20those%20over,requirement%20issued%20by%20Transport%20Canada.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2020, 10:04:16 PM »
Anyone have any idea whether a 2 year old has to wear a mask on AC? I need to fly with our 2-yr old on a route that only AC flies direct, and I'm trying to decide between AC direct or DL with a connection...

Does over the age of 2 include 2 or not?

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2020/cleancareplus.html#:~:text=Please%20note%2C%20for%20those%20over,requirement%20issued%20by%20Transport%20Canada.
Can the child pass as under 2?