Author Topic: Chase sapphire preferred 80,000 UR sign up bonus  (Read 53688 times)

Offline Moshe26

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase sapphire preferred 80,000 UR sign up bonus
« Reply #220 on: March 25, 2021, 01:57:39 PM »
I don't think bloggers get paid in points...
why not? they technically are the best at getting the best value. but honestly i have no clue

Offline Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 25, 2021, 03:05:41 PM »
why not? they technically are the best at getting the best value. but honestly i have no clue
GIYF
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline normathej

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 25, 2021, 03:14:16 PM »
GIYF

Interesting!  Looks like they do get paid in points.

Offline davidd75

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 25, 2021, 03:31:41 PM »
Interesting!  Looks like they do get paid in points.

where do you see that?

seems like $ from a quick search

Offline normathej

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 25, 2021, 03:38:32 PM »
where do you see that?

seems like $ from a quick search

Yeah, you are right.  GIYF but if you are in a hurry... Saw that Running With Miles disclosed they get paid with points, but on second look it does seem as though most get cash, which makes more sense to me.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Joeymc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 25, 2021, 07:44:17 PM »
Clearly I'm biased here, but JJ and I and our families certainly appreciate those who use our links :)
Just want to say thank you for all you do, BH was just approved for a new card signed up through your link. Chag Sameach
120 characters? Hmm, I wonder what I could write with 64 characters. Boy, it's gonna be hard to use up 15 characters. W-

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #227 on: March 25, 2021, 08:31:31 PM »
Just want to say thank you for all you do, BH was just approved for a new card signed up through your link. Chag Sameach
Thanks for your support :)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline lcm

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 25, 2021, 09:50:16 PM »
https://www.dansdeals.com/go/CSP80/
https://www.dansdeals.com/credit-cards/wow-highest-ever-signup-bonus-earn-80000-points50-grocery-credit-chase-sapphire-preferred-card/
I know there isn't an end date published for this offer, but 2 questions:
Will there be notice before this offer is over?
Any dps for how long they have upped offers for on average?
Thanks

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 25, 2021, 09:58:01 PM »
I know there isn't an end date published for this offer, but 2 questions:
Will there be notice before this offer is over?
Any dps for how long they have upped offers for on average?
Thanks
-YMMV. Usually there is, but sometimes they just pull it without an announcement.
-The 80K offer last year lasted about 7 weeks.

Offline lcm

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 26, 2021, 12:23:10 AM »
-YMMV. Usually there is, but sometimes they just pull it without an announcement.
-The 80K offer last year lasted about 7 weeks.
Thank you!

Offline NYHeel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 30, 2021, 02:05:05 PM »
Is this card shipped in an expedited fashion upon approval? I have a significant spending opportunity on April 1 but would need the card in hand by March 31st. When I got the Delta Platinum card last month they shipped it very quickly and I had it within 2-3 days.

Otherwise, I'd wait a few weeks as I have some spending to do on a few retention offers plus there's the supermarket spending on my year one of the Freedom Unlimited.
For those of you that applied recently, how long did it take to get the card? I applied last week on March 24th and am really hoping to get the card no later than tomorrow. I have a large payment that will be auto-paid on 4/1 and I'd really like to make the payment on this card and knock off a chunk of the spending. I did add a few authorized users and I'm hoping that doesn't slow down receipt of the card. The application was approved immediately online and shows up on the Chase account page since the day I applied.

I'd call Chase but it's my wife's card. She doesn't have time to deal with this.

Online elazarmn

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 30, 2021, 02:57:26 PM »
Applied this past thur...delivered on monday. NY address
Primary card

Offline NYHeel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 30, 2021, 03:27:44 PM »
Applied this past thur...delivered on monday. NY address
Primary card
Oh, so I'm behind already. I applied on Wednesday last week and still don't have it. I don't think it's in today's mail either. That's not great. I'm in northern NJ so location shouldn't matter much. I realize that you said you received the primary card but did you have any authorized users included in the original application?

I guess I'll have to reach out to them to check on the status.

Online elazarmn

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 30, 2021, 04:06:17 PM »
Oh, so I'm behind already. I applied on Wednesday last week and still don't have it. I don't think it's in today's mail either. That's not great. I'm in northern NJ so location shouldn't matter much. I realize that you said you received the primary card but did you have any authorized users included in the original application?

I guess I'll have to reach out to them to check on the status.

I didn't order an AU. Sorry
Best of luck

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #235 on: March 30, 2021, 08:42:49 PM »
I don't know what I would do if I was blogger but can a case be made that a blogger should mention in branch option in its main post as well to give its readers a choice which way they would like to apply.  Although the difference may be small to most some people may prefer the AF waived than the grocery credit for different reasons etc...

I totally hear the side of helping the blogger especially in a case like Dan and JJ who do so much for us thank you again!

The other side though is that the reader maybe should have final say after all options are laid out on the table by the bloggers as at the end of the day Panassah min Hashamayim so I dont think the blogger can go wrong here.  It only reinforces his faith and being completely up front?  But maybe I am biased as well coming from the reader's perspective but not sure just laying it out.
SMH. You went out of your way and applied for an offer you very possibly found about on DDMS through an in branch hack which is likely from DDF to circumvent the regular deal posted on every blog, costing Dan multiples of what you saved, but are lecturing Dan that more disclosure is required because parnassah is min hashamayim? Why is it easier for you to believe in his Hashgacha than your own? Do your eyes see what your fingers write? Why are your dollars any redder than his?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline davidd75

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 31, 2021, 03:06:53 PM »
SMH. You went out of your way and applied for an offer you very possibly found about on DDMS through an in branch hack which is likely from DDF to circumvent the regular deal posted on every blog, costing Dan multiples of what you saved, but are lecturing Dan that more disclosure is required because parnassah is min hashamayim? Why is it easier for you to believe in his Hashgacha than your own? Do your eyes see what your fingers write? Why are your dollars any redder than his?

First of all DOC had the in branch option post first I believe.

When the offers are the same I see agree but here the offers differed and some of us greatly value of the AF being waived the first year.  I am not saying he should but you cant hear the side the when the offers differ the options should be laid out and the reader can make the choice of of which path he would like to take?  While there is no duty to do so you cant hear the side that it would be laudable and an up front gesture that I don't think can harm the blogger?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 31, 2021, 03:25:20 PM »
First of all DOC had the in branch option post first I believe.

When the offers are the same I see agree but here the offers differed and some of us greatly value of the AF being waived the first year.  I am not saying he should but you cant hear the side the when the offers differ the options should be laid out and the reader can make the choice of of which path he would like to take?  While there is no duty to do so you cant hear the side that it would be laudable and an up front gesture that I don't think can harm the blogger?
You realize you quoted a blogger that doesn't have any contracts in place with the banks, right? He can write anything without the daily compliance grind every other blogger with bank contracts goes through.
For better or worse, without bank contracts this site that you're posting on wouldn't exist. Not really sure what you're getting at here.

Offline tzifanya54

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 01, 2021, 12:18:23 PM »
Sometimes I am just floored by what I read here! There are hundreds of bloggers promoting every stupid 30k mile offer/$300 offer that any bank ever put out.... They know full well that there are thousands of suckers that will bite. Dan does not. For the most part offers posted are either higher than usual or limited time etc.... It's not that he doesn't know that the suckers exist..... He is trying to present an honest opinion to the reader, and obviously he benefits financially from it. As far as I can remember he never actively promoted an inferior offer that was profitable to him over a better offer that wasn't, just to line his pockets. So... we are going to chew him out over a minor difference that requires the hassle of going to the bank, especially when it isn't even clear cut which offer is better?

Offline MoYS

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 01, 2021, 12:20:02 PM »
(Im sorry to interrupt, thank you @Dan for a helpful site)
If i refer someone to the card will they get the 80000 link or a lower signup bonus?