Topic Wiki

LG classic
Where to buy: Amazon in stock sometimes.
Best Buy Pickup

Net 10 (Plan purchase required)

Network supported:

(all devices support all networks or you need to check the specs before you buy)

Plans available while locked in with tracfone: many, see tracfone's website. Unlimited talk and text for $20/mo ($5 discount for 2 months with autopay)

For new accounts activated with Tracfone, use this referral code for 8,000 points(worth 4 months of service free). Must be activated within 2 weeks of activating service/making an account.
 Copy and paste code.
OAXW-3610

Can the browser be locked: Yes (TAG can do it for a one-time fee)
« Last edited by qooldude on April 25, 2022, 07:58:00 PM »

Author Topic: LG Classic  (Read 93917 times)

Offline bp27

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: LG Classic
« Reply #540 on: January 05, 2024, 01:27:15 PM »
Wing obviously can't unlock something that was never theirs to begin with. A phone doesn't get locked to a company you use it with, the only way it's locked is by the company it came from.

Was it ever used "with Tracfone" for the required time to be eligible for unlocking?
No, it was never used directly with Tracfone. However it has a Tracfone SIM card and service is by Wing. Was hoping that that would be enough for Tracfone (again it is a Tracfone SIM), or Wing would have a way to get an unlock code.

Seems like my only option is to port over to Tracfone for 60 days.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #541 on: January 05, 2024, 03:47:25 PM »
No, it was never used directly with Tracfone. However it has a Tracfone SIM card and service is by Wing. Was hoping that that would be enough for Tracfone (again it is a Tracfone SIM), or Wing would have a way to get an unlock code.

Seems like my only option is to port over to Tracfone for 60 days.
Or have someone that has tracfone service activate it for you and then swap it back to their phone. As long as it was activated and 60 lapsed that should be enough.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #542 on: January 05, 2024, 03:49:15 PM »
I assume it is locked as I never unlocked it. As far as I know (correct me if I am wrong), it doesn't get locked automatically.

The message I get is: "We apologize. Your device is not eligible for our Unlocking Program."
You'll know in 2 seconds if it's unlocked or not.
 Just follow these promps. If it request sim unlock code it's locked. If it says unlocked then...

On your phone, dial #TFUNLOCK# (#83865625#)
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Darth1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 06, 2024, 02:24:48 PM »
Any way to unlock a LG Classic currently on Wing? When I activated it there was no issue bringing a Tracfone locked phone to Wing. Now Wing tells me that they can't unlock it, as I didn't buy it from them. I tried the Tracfone Unlock site, and it didn't work there either.
IIUC Wing is officially a Verizon service provider. Tracfone is owned by Verizon so they can activate there service on Tracfone devices. This does not make the device active in TracFone's system rather in Wing/Verizon. Your best bet is probably following what MYI said and have a tracfone service plan activated on your device. (It only needs to be activated on the device, it does not need to remain active for the 60 days)