Author Topic: Chochom Einov B'Roishoi  (Read 15253 times)

Online PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Chochom Einov B'Roishoi
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2020, 01:11:39 PM »
Is there a 2nd wave in Northern Italy?
Yes. Not as bad as the rest of Europe, but unequivocally yes.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Joeymc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2020, 01:15:23 PM »
I think those would be too disruptive. After all, there's not that many DDMS deals I care about. Clorox wipes were just always my quick way of cleaning up certain areas in my office, without getting full-blown cleaning help.
True, chrome notifications are only if you are interested in most DDMS deals.

I can try buy a pack next time they come back in stock if you want.
120 characters? Hmm, I wonder what I could write with 64 characters. Boy, it's gonna be hard to use up 15 characters. W-

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2020, 01:18:14 PM »
True, chrome notifications are only if you are interested in most DDMS deals.

I can try buy a pack next time they come back in stock if you want.

Delivery included?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Joeymc

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2020, 01:19:17 PM »
120 characters? Hmm, I wonder what I could write with 64 characters. Boy, it's gonna be hard to use up 15 characters. W-

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2020, 01:20:12 PM »
Is there a 2nd wave in Northern Italy?

Yes

Populous regions like Campania (where Naples is located), Lazio (where Rome is located) and Tuscany (the region where Europe’s first outbreak emerged), have all seen sharp rises in recent days, health ministry data shows.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Afrages6

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2020, 01:39:47 PM »
The NY 1% positivity rate is only PCR tests. Most frum people are probably getting rapid antigen tests. The governments incompetence screams to the high heavens
Source?

Offline etech0

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2020, 02:04:28 PM »
I think those would be too disruptive. After all, there's not that many DDMS deals I care about. Clorox wipes were just always my quick way of cleaning up certain areas in my office, without getting full-blown cleaning help.
You can learn to ignore them pretty quickly IMO :)
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2020, 02:11:30 PM »

Then you can get ty number of other brand wipes. EPA registered anti bacterial wipes are what are hard to come by. Cleaning /sanitizing / alcohol wipes are readily available

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2020, 02:40:22 PM »
Yes

I don't see Lombardy mentioned there.
-- Dan

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2020, 02:41:47 PM »
To 770?

During Tishrei I'm there daily for Mincha (not sure what the Chol Hamoed plan will be).

My office (where I need the wipes) is a short walk up Kingston Ave.
-- Dan

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2020, 03:04:32 PM »
The second wave is no longer a theory. Europe is seeing record cases, and the frum communities of NY and NJ are being touched in ways many didn't think possible even a month ago. This post isn't a post-mortem on how we got here, and it's not a mussar shmooze on what we could be doing better now to slow the spread. This post is about the future.

Regardless of our personal feelings, the reality is that governments will impose lockdowns in the coming months. We saw crazy numbers over the summer coming out of FL, TX, and CA, with weeks of over 10k new cases per day in each of those states. The reasons vary, from additional testing to younger patients, but the reactions are inevitably the same: closures and lockdowns. They may work, or they may not. They may be misused and abused. They may not be followed by the general public. But they are coming, because it is the only tool that we have to prevent hospitals from overloading during a surge in cases. Given what we saw over the summer, and given what we're seeing in Europe (and our communities here) right now, a surge is coming, and lockdowns right along with it.

We were all impacted in previously unimaginable ways during the early months of the pandemic. Aside from the illness itself, we were blindsided by the closures of shuls, schools, and businesses. Without getting into the messy details, suffice to say the damage to our families, our finances, and our infrastructure are still being felt today. Again, this post isn't intended to be a post-mortem.

Chochom einov b'roishoi: we need to look to our future pragmatically. We have the gift of having a pretty good idea of what's headed our way, and we have the benefit of having experienced it in the recent past to help us prepare for it. Whether it's preparing your family or business for possible upcoming shortages, or working with your schools and shuls to create resources that were sorely needed in March and April, the time to act is now. With preparation, we can help mitigate the challenges ahead, and maybe even create some opportunities for our communities and businesses to grow.

I don't have a lot of answers, or even a lot of ideas. I just hope this post sparks positive, proactive conversations that benefit us all.
+1
One of the most intelligent posts I have seen around these parts!

Offline Joeymc

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2020, 04:54:05 PM »
During Tishrei I'm there daily for Mincha (not sure what the Chol Hamoed plan will be).

My office (where I need the wipes) is a short walk up Kingston Ave.
I'm not going to be around for tishrei but I can order (if I'm fast enough), and I'll be in the area after Sukkos, or you can PM your address and I'll ship it straight from Amazon.

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2020, 05:20:36 PM »
My neighborhood for the most part thinks it's a joke. I've been pushing for greater precautions for 3 weeks now with almost no results. 20% at most are wearing masks. There is now one person on oxygen. So a text went out that from here on in we should all take upon ourselves to light candles 18 minutes early.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2020, 05:23:14 PM »
My neighborhood for the most part thinks it's a joke. I've been pushing for greater precautions for 3 weeks now with almost no results. 20% at most are wearing masks. There is now one person on oxygen. So a text went out that from here on in we should all take upon ourselves to light candles 18 minutes early.

Segulos to get rich by people who don't work.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2020, 05:27:33 PM »
::) ::) ::)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2020, 05:34:26 PM »
Segulos to get rich by people who don't work.
It's called LinkedIn.

Offline shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2020, 05:55:40 PM »
I'm beyond frustrated that an educated, God fearing people such at the Frum community, is so bad at this.

Online PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2020, 06:15:04 PM »
I'm beyond frustrated that an educated, God fearing people such at the Frum community, is so bad at this.
I have new appreciation for how miraculous it is that the goyim haven't eradicated us.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2020, 06:24:06 PM »
I'm as guilty as anyone, but let's try to keep this thread positive, proactive, and practical. If you have ideas on things that can be done on a personal or community level, post them here. Even if you don't have a solution, but there's an issue you experienced or noticed from before Pesach that you feel should be addressed, post it here.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline how

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2020, 07:58:35 AM »
Outdoor patio heaters may be a necessity this year. They are already hard to find.