Author Topic: Chochom Einov B'Roishoi  (Read 15112 times)

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
Re: Chochom Einov B'Roishoi
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2020, 08:39:27 AM »
I'm as guilty as anyone, but let's try to keep this thread positive, proactive, and practical. If you have ideas on things that can be done on a personal or community level, post them here. Even if you don't have a solution, but there's an issue you experienced or noticed from before Pesach that you feel should be addressed, post it here.
One suggestion: everyone should stop bashing rabbonim, effective immediately. And I mean all talk, even those who add disclaimers.

“I’m sure I’m not understanding him or Hashem is withholding wisdom because he wants the pandemic to spread, but I can’t talk to my Rav anymore because he turned into a brainless zombie who is trying to get us all killed.”

Any talk that denotes even a smattering of disrespect towards our rabbonim is deadly. It counters all the good of these forums.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2020, 10:44:50 AM »
One suggestion: everyone should stop bashing rabbonim, effective immediately. And I mean all talk, even those who add disclaimers.

“I’m sure I’m not understanding him or Hashem is withholding wisdom because he wants the pandemic to spread, but I can’t talk to my Rav anymore because he turned into a brainless zombie who is trying to get us all killed.”

Any talk that denotes even a smattering of disrespect towards our rabbonim is deadly. It counters all the good of these forums.

I agree with this sentiment, even though it is much harder to translate into practice.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2020, 10:57:12 AM »

Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2020, 10:58:51 AM »

If only we would respect Jewish lives and health half as much as we respect the Rabbis
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2020, 11:01:48 AM »
We should be careful not to bash rabbonim by name (as I think most people here have refrained from), but their positions are fair game.

Online Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2020, 11:08:14 AM »
We should be careful not to bash rabbonim by name (as I think most people here have refrained from), but their positions are fair game.
Even if everyone knows who you’re talking about????

Offline shaulyaakov

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2020, 11:11:02 AM »
Even if everyone knows who you’re talking about????
I actually have no idea of a single rabbi by name in Lakewood other than the heads of BMG (maybe, and I don't even know who's who). If any of my posts seemed to call out a specific rabbi, it was purely coincidental.

Online Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2020, 11:40:02 AM »
I actually have no idea of a single rabbi by name in Lakewood other than the heads of BMG (maybe, and I don't even know who's who). If any of my posts seemed to call out a specific rabbi, it was purely coincidental.
You criticize certain shuls for doing things. How is that not singling out a rov?

Offline shaulyaakov

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2020, 11:43:45 AM »
Shul =/= rov.

Online Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2020, 11:47:23 AM »
Shul =/= rov.
You believe that shuls do things without consulting their rov?

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2020, 12:27:33 PM »
You believe that shuls do things without consulting their rov?
I KNOW that some do.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2020, 12:33:13 PM »

Why ?

Why do rabbanim get a free pass ?

If people won't take health precautions because rabbanim didn't rule so, the rabbanim should be taken to task. Maybe not bashed, but to task.

The earlier premise was that rabbanim didn't get involved. We see clearly that's it's dray aroom!

Every day I see corona deaths whether on kikar shabbas or wherever and pleas to support almanos and yesomim.

But a cognitive dissonance and a refusal to act is causing untold deaths, are they taking achrayos for the lives lost? For the almanos and yesomim?

Anyways, I can't recall ever mentioning somebody. I have no idea the name of a single rabbi in lakewood.

I address the broader situation. No one can claim they didn't know.

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2020, 01:41:56 PM »

I agree. No more from me on this.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2020, 01:43:25 PM »
Why ?

If people won't take health precautions because rabbanim didn't rule so, the rabbanim should be taken to task. Maybe not bashed, but to task.

The earlier premise was that rabbanim didn't get involved. We see clearly that's it's dray aroom!

Every day I see corona deaths whether on kikar shabbas or wherever and pleas to support almanos and yesomim.

But a cognitive dissonance and a refusal to act is causing untold deaths, are they taking achrayos for the lives lost? For the almanos and yesomim?

Anyways, I can't recall ever mentioning somebody. I have no idea the name of a single rabbi in lakewood.

They don't get a free pass. This is probably just not the right forum for it.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2020, 01:57:34 PM »
Why ?

I am a Maamin B'Hashem. I do histadlus. Taking rabbanim to task is not in anybody's book of histadlus. It only makes hell a lot hotter, and any illness a lot worse.

Offline Yo ssi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2020, 02:13:43 PM »
Why ?

If people won't take health precautions because rabbanim didn't rule so, the rabbanim should be taken to task. Maybe definitely not bashed, but to task.

FTFY
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2020, 02:17:37 PM »
I am a Maamin B'Hashem. I do histadlus. Taking rabbanim to task is not in anybody's book of histadlus. It only makes hell a lot hotter, and any illness a lot worse.

The issue is a lot more nuanced than bash or stay silent. I'm from a generation who suffered greatly from the silence of rabbonim on the issues of abuse, addiction, mental health, and waves of people going OTD. Noise is what got rabbonim to stand up and address each of these things, to the point where they are all immeasurably less stigmatized today than they were 20 years ago. There is definitely a line that shouldn't be crossed, but silence and emunah isn't necessarily the answer, either.

Back on topic: https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/grocery-stores-food-producers-beef-up-inventory-for-potential-second-wave-of-covid-19-holiday-shopping-rush
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
["-"]

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2020, 02:51:43 PM »
תלמידי קרח were punished even though they followed ׳דעת תורה׳ of one of the נשיאים and leaders of the generation.

לא תסור מכל אשר יורוך refers to Sanhedrin of 70 sitting in לשכת הגזית.

Even an innocent baby during birth can be considered Rodef, so having been instructed by a Rabbi to do something has zero impact on wether or not one is a rodef.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2020, 12:24:51 AM »
How about we keep all criticism an critique of raabonim (including the 'legitimate/important' criticism) out of this thread, in the name of keeping it constructive