Topic Wiki

To signup for credit cards you can click here or on the “other credit cards” tab on top of the DansDeals logo banner to view links for card offers. Then just click on the link to “View all card offers by issuing bank” and scroll down to view all card offers from the bank of your choice.

Pulls from TU in NJ, NY , FL , PA

Recon 866 408 4064 (might pull from Experian)

For those who want to churn and/or want to get the bonus without paying the annual fee: Wait until the A/F gets charged, pay it off with the rest of the bill, and the sign-up bonus will post (at the end of that billing cycle). Then call to close the account and ask to be refunded. They can't charge an A/F for a card you aren't using. You will not lose the miles once they are in your US Airways account.

It seems that if after you use the card you just let it sit unused for a couple months, they will then email you with a targeted offer for 15,000 more points for spending $750 a month for three months.
« Last edited by Iz on December 15, 2016, 10:42:09 PM »

Author Topic: Barclays US Airways  (Read 569512 times)

Offline DoB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Barclays US Airways
« Reply #2360 on: January 18, 2015, 09:33:57 AM »
Just check again after 24 hours.

The statement closed 1/12, so it's been over 120 hours!

Offline shael

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: January 18, 2015, 09:34:29 AM »
Give it a few more days.

Offline stam

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: January 19, 2015, 12:48:30 AM »
Has anyone had a problem with their credit card linking with their mileage account?

This has been a comedy of sorts...

I got approved for the USAirways card, and a Dividend account number was issued, sent to me via email. (1)

2 weeks later, I received a letter stating "there may have been an error when linking your US Airways Mastercard with the Dividend miles frequent flyer number provided to us"...."We have assigned you a new US Airways Dividend Miles number:" That letter contained a new Dividend account number. (2)

3 days later, I received the exact same letter again, with another new DM number. (3)

2 days after that, I received the same letter again, with yet another Dividend Miles number issued. (4)

A few days after that, my first statement closed, with the Dividend miles number showing a different number entirely. (5)

I called US Airways, and all 5(!) of these numbers don't exist!!

They in turn contacted Barclays with me on the line, and asked Barclays to clarify my Dividend miles account number, and they gave a 6th!!!! different number (6)

The USAirways rep says "This is also not a valid Dividend account number."

So she proceeded to create a new account for me. (7)

(In the meantime, the Barclays rep let the line go, so my account couldn't be updated...)

Weird, no?

Anyone else experience this?

Offline eli.f

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: January 19, 2015, 12:51:14 AM »
Has anyone had a problem with their credit card linking with their mileage account?

This has been a comedy of sorts...

I got approved for the USAirways card, and a Dividend account number was issued, sent to me via email. (1)

2 weeks later, I received a letter stating "there may have been an error when linking your US Airways Mastercard with the Dividend miles frequent flyer number provided to us"...."We have assigned you a new US Airways Dividend Miles number:" That letter contained a new Dividend account number. (2)

3 days later, I received the exact same letter again, with another new DM number. (3)

2 days after that, I received the same letter again, with yet another Dividend Miles number issued. (4)

A few days after that, my first statement closed, with the Dividend miles number showing a different number entirely. (5)

I called US Airways, and all 5(!) of these numbers don't exist!!

They in turn contacted Barclays with me on the line, and asked Barclays to clarify my Dividend miles account number, and they gave a 6th!!!! different number (6)

The USAirways rep says "This is also not a valid Dividend account number."

So she proceeded to create a new account for me. (7)

(In the meantime, the Barclays rep let the line go, so my account couldn't be updated...)

Weird, no?

Anyone else experience this?
What a stoty!
I'm sure you'll get then eventually though.

Offline zlt123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: January 19, 2015, 12:08:43 PM »
maby its a good thing you will get the bonus X7 ha ha ;)

Offline shael

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: January 19, 2015, 12:29:28 PM »
FYI, first statement closed, just received my 50k points. #shavuatov

Q: What's everyone doing with the (2) companion tickets? Can they be sold or otherwise booked/canceled and converted into something more durable (eg - when you cancel the card, I was told they'd be invalid)
Bump.

Offline Buruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: January 19, 2015, 01:18:39 PM »
My referral link still worked- think ill get the referral points?

Offline eli.f

• View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: January 19, 2015, 01:19:43 PM »
My referral link still worked- think ill get the referral points?
I would guess you would, but there's only one way to find out :)

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: January 19, 2015, 01:30:02 PM »
Hi!

On December 18th I received an email inviting me to refer my friends and receive 10,000 bonus miles. I referred a number of friends, at least five of who were approved, all before the end of December. When can I expect to see the miles?

Thank you!

Dear Boruch999:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your US Airways Dividend Miles World MasterCard.  We can certainly address your inquiry regarding the promotional offer on your account.

Please be reminded that we will review referral applications in both February and March. Eligible cardmembers will receive bonus miles for any approved applications by their March statement. Please be advised that the following are the qualification for the promotional offer:

Account must be open and in good standing
Applicants must use the link in the e-mail to apply
Re-Forwarded applications will always trace to the original cardmember
The individual must be approved
Must receive new application by January 18, 2015

Please be reminded as well that cardmembers will not be notified whether or not their referrals are approved due to privacy rules.

If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message. We hope you find this information helpful.

Sincerely,

Customer Care

Offline Danfan27

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: January 19, 2015, 02:09:01 PM »
Don't think so.  Your original card should no longer be active even.

The original card still works. Anyone have any experience with this?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 02:13:52 PM by Danfan27 »

Offline eli.f

• View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: January 19, 2015, 02:11:11 PM »
Don't think so.  Your original card should no longer be active even.
Until the new card is activated, it should work. Sometimes it continues to work, but not for long.

And what's "otological"?

Offline Danfan27

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: January 19, 2015, 02:14:44 PM »
Until the new card is activated, it should work. Sometimes it continues to work, but not for long.

And what's "otological"?

Typo- it was supposed to be original.

Offline AharonInIsrael

• View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: January 20, 2015, 01:42:50 PM »
Wow! Just got approved for the card! Didn't think that would work out.

I'd applied for the card first last March, but wanted to try and get the bonus before it went away. I cancelled the card and reapplied, but the recon rep offered to reopen the card for me, and I was caught off guard and that's what happened.

Based off of what others reported, last week I downgraded to the no-fee Arrival, as well as lowered my CL on my other Barclays cards. I applied a second time, but I was denied: after calling in I was told it was because the computer had identified me as a current cardholder (I wasn't patient enough to wait a few days: probably should have done that). They told me there was no pull

I tried applying again (3rd time!) on Sunday, but the system denied me (no pull) because I'd applied for the card within 30 days.

I just called recon, and hoped that I could wing it. He told me I'd been declined because I had the card, and I said I didn't have it now but may have had it in the past. He put me on hold and after a few minutes said:

Rep: "Let me just check a few things, because I'm a little confused...you downgraded the card last week and then reapplied again?"
Me: "Uh..yeah?"
Rep: "And why would you do that?"
(Me (to self): don't mention the bonus, don't mention the bonus!)
Me: Well, I didn't want to have to pay the AF, so I thought I would downgrade it, but then reapplied because I heard the card was going away and knew it would be my last chance to apply.
Rep: Okay great. But you do know there IS an AF when you reapply?
Me: Oh, whoops, guess I messed that one up.
Rep: Well, is there anything else I can help you with?
Me (do I dare?): Um...could I maybe reapply anyways?

He put the app in again (4th time, but only 2nd pull), and after answering a few uncomfortable questions I was approved!

Offline eli.f

• View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: January 20, 2015, 01:51:15 PM »

I'd applied for the card first last March, but wanted to try and get the bonus before it went away. I cancelled the card and reapplied, but the recon rep offered to reopen the card for me, and I was caught off guard and that's what happened.

Based off of what others reported, last week I downgraded to the no-fee Arrival, as well as lowered my CL on my other Barclays cards. I applied a second time, but I was denied: after calling in I was told it was because the computer had identified me as a current cardholder (I wasn't patient enough to wait a few days: probably should have done that). They told me there was no pull

I tried applying again (3rd time!) on Sunday, but the system denied me (no pull) because I'd applied for the card within 30 days.

I just called recon, and hoped that I could wing it. He told me I'd been declined because I had the card, and I said I didn't have it now but may have had it in the past. He put me on hold and after a few minutes said:

Rep: "Let me just check a few things, because I'm a little confused...you downgraded the card last week and then reapplied again?"
Me: Well, I didn't want to have to pay the AF, so I thought I would downgrade it, but then reapplied because I heard the card was going away and knew it would be my last chance to apply.

He put the app in again (4th time, but only 2nd pull), and after answering a few uncomfortable questions I was approved!

Congrats!
(BTW, not sure waiting would have helped. I waited a month and was still declined because I already had the card)

I'll make another few calls. Hope it works for me too.

Offline SOS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis First, Hertz Five Star, National Executive
« Reply #2374 on: January 20, 2015, 01:58:46 PM »
I just got the the offer of spend $750 each month for three months for 15k on a downgraded us airways card

Offline eAge

• View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: January 20, 2015, 03:05:52 PM »

Nice!
The reasonable answer on your suspicious behavior is probably what broke it,
"Card's going away" is a gift that keeps on giving

Offline AharonInIsrael

• View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: January 21, 2015, 01:03:01 AM »
Nice!
The reasonable answer on your suspicious behavior is probably what broke it,
"Card's going away" is a gift that keeps on giving
Haha, though I was worried he'd offer to upgrade me

Offline bermo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: January 21, 2015, 04:37:55 PM »
Any luck recently to get the annual fee waived via Twitter

Offline moshe87

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: January 21, 2015, 04:50:07 PM »
If i was not aproved for usairways card ( because of to many applacations in 2014) should i apply again?
The Baal Shem Tov went around for the sole purpose of getting Jews to say, baruch (drawing down) Hashem into our lives.

Offline DMYD

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: January 21, 2015, 04:51:42 PM »
If i was not aproved for usairways card ( because of to many applacations in 2014) should i apply again?
Welcome to the forums and +1 for posting in the right one :D
When were you not approved?