Author Topic: going to israel  (Read 5929 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: going to israel
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 09:56:20 PM »
Beaubo also pointed out to me another good thing about RJ:
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/5533
JFK-AMM: 9,235 kms. (20,000 SPG via LAN)
AMM-TLV: 109 kms. (2,400 SPG via LAN)

Not Bad , but the very lengthy layover is a killer for me. Last month I had a 4hr layover @ LYS on my way to VIE we got in 2 hrs early = a 6hr layover, no way would I want to do something like that again. Now if its a real long one and theres things to see/do in the city I have no objections. Ive done 12 hrs+ @ CDG and LHR But AMM is not a place Id want to head to town.So Id rather use more miles and do an overnight somewhere in Europe that Id like to spend some time or just have a quick connection

But please do a report about AMM if you ever make it there

Offline Mikeoracle

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 10:00:34 PM »
See my new post about *A award on ANA to TLV for a mere 50K SPG in E and 75K SPG in B.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 10:01:25 PM »
Not Bad , but the very lengthy layover is a killer for me. Last month I had a 4hr layover @ LYS on my way to VIE we got in 2 hrs early = a 6hr layover, no way would I want to do something like that again. Now if its a real long one and theres things to see/do in the city I have no objections. Ive done 12 hrs+ @ CDG and LHR But AMM is not a place Id want to head to town.So Id rather use more miles and do an overnight somewhere in Europe that Id like to spend some time or just have a quick connection

But please do a report about AMM if you ever make it there
True, but RJ is a good choice during Succos/Pesach when every other airline will have zero award availability...maybe even worth camping out for 4 hours in an airport.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.