Author Topic: NJ only:Chevy Bolt (electric car) $55/$72 a month 36/10k miles with one pay  (Read 80875 times)

Offline mordechain

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Looks like the cap on Tesla, Toyota and gm is going away.... Let the fun begin

https://electrek.co/2022/07/27/senate-moves-forward-ev-tax-credit-reform-tesla-tsla/

Offline normathej

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile

There is a lot of chatter on chevybolt.org and leasehackr about what people have gotten; this is what I came out with.  It's also state specific but I assume you are in NJ.  Definitely do your own research!  My swap order was put through last week for just under $5k difference; I will report back if I get it.

Offline normathej

• View Profile
How do I find out the MSRP on my current vehicle? What do you mean by going over $5k to get more money back?

The MSRP is listed on the lease that you had to submit to them.

Reports are that if you select a car that's $10k lower MSRP - to get more cash back - GM will just deny the swap.  But that if you stay up to $5k, you should get that back as part of the swap.

Offline can

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA GOLD. AC 25K. Hertz PC. National EE.
I have a 2021 Bolt am I eligible for the repurchase? and what is the number to call?

Offline normathej

• View Profile
I have a 2021 Bolt am I eligible for the repurchase? and what is the number to call?

If your battery is under recall, you are eligible.  Look up the number for GM EV Concierge.

Offline coffeebean

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
The MSRP is listed on the lease that you had to submit to them.

Reports are that if you select a car that's $10k lower MSRP - to get more cash back - GM will just deny the swap.  But that if you stay up to $5k, you should get that back as part of the swap.
Wow my car is 40,100 MSRP

Offline coffeebean

• View Profile
I can't get the Bolt EUV past $33,000 with all the upgrades any ideas?

Offline coffeebean

• View Profile
Never mind I opted in for the super cruise package which brought it above 35k. Would love to hear opinions. Should I opt in for the Super Cruise or the Sun and Sound package?

Offline coffeebean

• View Profile
Either

Or

Offline normathej

• View Profile
Ask the dealer you are working with. The dealer that I spoke to said that unless you’d actually use the super cruise because you travel a lot on the GSP or turnpike, hardware holds value better than software - so choose the sunroof over the super cruise (which who’ll eventually be outdated) if all you care about is residual value.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 07:29:46 AM by normathej »

Offline normathej

• View Profile
Wow my car is 40,100 MSRP

I had the same. And the 2023 MSRP is close to 10k lower.

I was contacted by my GM repurchase rep yesterday. She said it is true that if you choose an MSRP that is too low in order to get cash back, they will deny it - because lemon law requires a like kind substitution and if you are too far off that gives them the right to deny the swap. I asked if she knew the maximum and she said she didn’t but that it seems to be near what I submitted at, which was just under $5k.

She also said my swap offer won’t be finalized until they have the vehicle VIN which is probably 6 weeks out but I’m fine with that, as she did say I won’t lose it even if GM stops the program.

Offline coffeebean

• View Profile
I had the same. And the 2023 MSRP is close to 10k lower.

I was contacted by my GM repurchase rep yesterday. She said it is true that if you choose an MSRP that is too low in order to get cash back, they will deny it - because lemon law requires a like kind substitution and if you are too far off that gives them the right to deny the swap. I asked if she knew the maximum and she said she didn’t but that it seems to be near what I submitted at, which was just under $5k.

She also said my swap offer won’t be finalized until they have the vehicle VIN which is probably 6 weeks out but I’m fine with that, as she did say I won’t lose it even if GM stops the program.
So you ordered an EUV with red stitching and sunroof at 35k MSRP?

Offline normathej

• View Profile
I ordered the premium EUV which is more expensive than the EV, with sun and sound, and not the red stitching. You can also add extras like the illuminated charge port which was ridiculously overpriced, to get you there. I asked the dealer to give me pricing until I got to the $35k MSRP I wanted. I got to $30 under the $5k difference.

These were the small add ons:
Highway Safety kit for $130, Aluminum sill plates for $145, Black Wheel Inserts for $525, illuminated charging port for $465.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 10:30:38 PM by normathej »

Offline coffeebean

• View Profile
I ordered the premium EUV which is more expensive than the EV, with sun and sound, and not the red stitching. You can also add extras like the illuminated charge port which was ridiculously overpriced, to get you there. I asked the dealer to give me pricing until I got to the $35k MSRP I wanted. I got to $30 under the $5k difference.

Highway Safety kit for $130, Aluminum sill plates for $145, Black Wheel Inserts for $525, illuminated charging port for $465.
For the dealers, is it like selling a regular car in regards to commission?

Offline coffeebean

• View Profile

For some reason I'm above 35k MSRP even without adding on those small packages, are you by any chance excluding the $995 freight charge?

Offline normathej

• View Profile
I can only tell you what my dealer said - which is that they aren’t really making money off of this (hence they won’t sell you a ‘22, because they can sell those now for a profit), but at the same time, ordering a ‘23 doesn’t take away from how many cars they get allocated, and it DOES give them credit with GM for number of sales, so it boosts their sales numbers, which I assume is good for them in other ways.

My repurchasing rep said GM covers taxes and fees, I didn’t specifically ask if freight is included. My MSRP is $35,190 for Bolt EUV Premier with Sun and Sound package, no other additions, so maybe you can figure it out from that.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Electrek.co: Here’s every electric vehicle that currently qualifies for the US federal tax credit.
https://electrek.co/2022/07/29/which-electric-vehicles-still-qualify-for-us-federal-tax-credit/
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline coffeebean

• View Profile
I can only tell you what my dealer said - which is that they aren’t really making money off of this (hence they won’t sell you a ‘22, because they can sell those now for a profit), but at the same time, ordering a ‘23 doesn’t take away from how many cars they get allocated, and it DOES give them credit with GM for number of sales, so it boosts their sales numbers, which I assume is good for them in other ways.

My repurchasing rep said GM covers taxes and fees, I didn’t specifically ask if freight is included. My MSRP is $35,190 for Bolt EUV Premier with Sun and Sound package, no other additions, so maybe you can figure it out from that.
I liked your choices, since my MRSP is $40,100 I informed my rep I wanted to go with the same specs on the EUV and a MRSP of $35,190. She said she'll contact a few dealers near me and we'll see how it goes... thanks for the info

Offline coffeebean

• View Profile
Try to hear me out. Let's assume you're like me and paid $8,300 up front to lease the Bolt for 3 years. Let's also assume you plan on buying out the car at the end of the lease. So, instead of opting in for a trade for another car and cashing the $5,000 difference from Chevy, why not return the Bolt to Chevy, cash in $8,300, and then buy the same EV you have now at $26,595 MSRP, and cash in on the $4,000 NJ rebate. So essentially after the 3 year lease this option will land you a Bolt for $14,295. The other option will maximize the difference in MSRP at $5,000 and not being able to take advantage of the NJ rebate.

Offline Realshlomo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile

Try to hear me out. Let's assume you're like me and paid $8,300 up front to lease the Bolt for 3 years. Let's also assume you plan on buying out the car at the end of the lease. So, instead of opting in for a trade for another car and cashing the $5,000 difference from Chevy, why not return the Bolt to Chevy, cash in $8,300, and then buy the same EV you have now at $26,595 MSRP, and cash in on the $4,000 NJ rebate. So essentially after the 3 year lease this option will land you a Bolt for $14,295. The other option will maximize the difference in MSRP at $5,000 and not being able to take advantage of the NJ rebate.

Why don't you swap into a different chevy with the same MSRP ice vehicle and sell it once you receive it?

Then go buy the bolt with the money you make off that deal.