Author Topic: Deblasio Shutting 9 ZIP Codes Again  (Read 32782 times)

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Deblasio Shutting 9 ZIP Codes Again
« Reply #795 on: November 08, 2020, 03:12:42 PM »

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 08, 2020, 03:17:20 PM »
I do not believe that. But it would be hard to do much worse than Trump. And to be clear, I don't think our country's success or failure is 100% on the president - there have been failure at every level, including by D controlled states and cities. But within government the largest single share of responsibility is on the president.

These are your opinions to which you’re certainly entitled, others will disagree. For instance, I don’t think a D administration (e.g. Obama/Biden and their task force) would have Operation Warp Speed underway with 5 domestically developed vaccine candidates in Phase III clinical trials by August and 2-3 of those expected to to pass regulatory approval by the end of the year with broad availability to all Americans within 1H21.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #797 on: November 08, 2020, 03:37:35 PM »
Probably already discussed many many times - FL and NY which have similar population size but FL likely has many more elderly. FL by now has 50% more reported cases than NY but almost half the amount of deaths. The data says it all for those who like to harp on data.
Florida and NY are decent comparisons

Leaving the rest of this argument aside, NY vs FL is a horrible comparison, and this has been discussed many, many times. The bulk of NY's deaths happened when there was minimal testing capabilities, very bad testing accuracy, and no treatment protocol. The first factor led to a high death rate, the second to even lower cases (higher death rate) and missed cases (delayed treatment), and the third to mistreatment and ensuing deaths. FL got hit later, when there were more tests, better tests, and better treatment. In short, the data says nothing without context, and the context says you can't compare FL and NY.
Temporarily back to Lurker status.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 08, 2020, 03:55:15 PM »
These are your opinions to which you’re certainly entitled, others will disagree. For instance, I don’t think a D administration (e.g. Obama/Biden and their task force) would have Operation Warp Speed underway with 5 domestically developed vaccine candidates in Phase III clinical trials by August and 2-3 of those expected to to pass regulatory approval by the end of the year with broad availability to all Americans within 1H21.
So which single individual would you say shoulders more responsibility for handling of covid on the country as a whole than the president?

I hear your point about vaccines. I personally think that a D administration would have prioritized it as well, though likely not to the red-tape-cutting extent that Trump did. And obviously I acknowledge that all of these things are opinions.

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 08, 2020, 04:17:14 PM »
So which single individual would you say shoulders more responsibility for handling of covid on the country as a whole than the president?

Why does there need to be a single person to point your finger at?

And again, we have zero way of knowing if someone else thrown into this whole unknown virus situation would have done any better.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #800 on: November 08, 2020, 04:26:03 PM »
Why does there need to be a single person to point your finger at?

And again, we have zero way of knowing if someone else thrown into this whole unknown virus situation would have done any better.

Not knowing definitively how someone else would have performed is not the same thing as “we have zero way of knowing.”
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #801 on: November 08, 2020, 04:32:24 PM »
Leaving the rest of this argument aside, NY vs FL is a horrible comparison, and this has been discussed many, many times. The bulk of NY's deaths happened when there was minimal testing capabilities, very bad testing accuracy, and no treatment protocol. The first factor led to a high death rate, the second to even lower cases (higher death rate) and missed cases (delayed treatment), and the third to mistreatment and ensuing deaths. FL got hit later, when there were more tests, better tests, and better treatment. In short, the data says nothing without context, and the context says you can't compare FL and NY.

I totally agree with you that you can't really compare them which just drives home my point that unless something is set up as a clinical trial with identical factors there is no use comparing or thinking perhaps we'd have a different outcome if xyz were done. But since the Denmark to Sweden comparison was brought up, I mentioned NY to FL.

Bottom line again is that we really cannot and will never know because we can't rewind the time and have a do over.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #802 on: November 08, 2020, 04:35:37 PM »

Not knowing definitively how someone else would have performed is not the same thing as “we have zero way of knowing.”

Sorry but both are the same to me.

And still doesn't answer why there needs to be someone to point your finger at. I don't know how many ppl in the world are getting up to applaud their leaders responses to COVID. Either because the death rate is too high or the economy is in the grave or both. Nobody is happy with the virus and not too many leaders can be graded A+ on their response.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 08, 2020, 04:52:41 PM »

We know definitively that Biden would not have stopped travel from China.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: November 08, 2020, 06:02:46 PM »

I hear your point about vaccines. I personally think that a D administration would have prioritized it as well, though likely not to the red-tape-cutting extent that Trump did. And obviously I acknowledge that all of these things are opinions.

I hope Biden to a much higher standard than Trump because:
1. He campaigned on the basis that COVID deaths were all Trump’s fault
2. He has the advantage of being able to blame Trump for all that is wrong with COVID while taking credit for whatever the Trump administration put in place.
3. When COVID hit in 1Q2020 everyone was equally clueless about COVID, gradually we learned more and got a better handle on things. So Biden and his team have the advantage of coming prepared to a situation that has already developed where we have lots more awareness.

Offline Dawie

• View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 08, 2020, 07:34:06 PM »

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #806 on: November 08, 2020, 07:38:44 PM »
Sorry but both are the same to me.

And still doesn't answer why there needs to be someone to point your finger at. I don't know how many ppl in the world are getting up to applaud their leaders responses to COVID. Either because the death rate is too high or the economy is in the grave or both. Nobody is happy with the virus and not too many leaders can be graded A+ on their response.
Speak to Danish citizens. They’re thrilled with their government’s capable and excellent response, both on COVID-19 spread and the economy.
We know definitively that Biden would not have stopped travel from China.
There is definitely truth to the fact that Biden said Trump shouldn’t implement the China travel ban at the time. To be fair, you don’t know that he wouldn’t have done it, only that he condemned it in response to Trump implementing it, as a way of scoring political points. But then, I am not saying Biden would have handled it well, only that Trump most certainly did not.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 07:44:00 PM by S209 »
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 08, 2020, 07:44:24 PM »

See the post at the top of this page by @yesitsme

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 08, 2020, 07:47:44 PM »
See the post at the top of this page by @yesitsme
Top of page depends on post per page setting

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 08, 2020, 07:49:02 PM »
Speak to Danish citizens. They’re thrilled with their government’s capable and excellent response, both on COVID-19 spread and the economy.

That's why I didn't say "nobody", I said I don't know how many because I knew someone would mention the Danish. What percentage of the world population are they? I'm just saying there aren't too many and you'd be hard pressed not to agree. Majority of the world population are not thrilled with the response to COVID-19.