Author Topic: Deblasio Shutting 9 ZIP Codes Again  (Read 92868 times)

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Deblasio Shutting 9 ZIP Codes Again
« Reply #160 on: October 06, 2020, 02:07:10 AM »
Personally,  probably yes.  I'm young and healthy and so is my family  BH. For people like us the rates to be severely affected are close to none.  And I would be careful around extended family that might be higher risk.

Parents and grandparents? That's what I was referring to mostly.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #161 on: October 06, 2020, 02:08:26 AM »
Parents and grandparents? That's what I was referring to mostly.
We recently had a family kiddush and when we asked my grandmother that is mid 70s to consider not coming she said she is not going back to lockdown. She is single and quarantine really messed with her psychological health. So she would rather be around than be locked up and healthy.  Which is very sad and we can't judge.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 06, 2020, 02:11:43 AM »
We recently had a family kiddush and when we asked my grandmother that is mid 70s to consider not coming she said she is not going back to lockdown. She is single and quarantine really messed with her psychological health. So she would rather be around than be locked up and healthy.  Which is very sad and we can't judge.

Fair enough, but you just took away the biggest argument from those arguing against using masks. Believe it or not, I don't believe old people need to be quarantined forever.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 06, 2020, 02:16:26 AM »
Fair enough, but you just took away the biggest argument from those arguing against using masks. Believe it or not, I don't believe old people need to be quarantined forever.
I also don't believe so. But to me it seems that the only way they stay 100% safe is by staying home for a long time. Corona is not disappearing too fast and the second they walk out even with a mask and around people in masks its still easy for them to catch it. So only option to stay locked up for years until its 0% here

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 06, 2020, 02:21:45 AM »
Anti-maskers "Masks don't work, and even if they did I'm not wearing one, just lock up the old people".
Also anti-maskers "All these old people locked up are getting depressed and dying, we can't keep them locked up forever".
Anti-masker climax "All the old people we set free are now dying from COVID, why don't they believe in wearing masks?"
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 02:25:30 AM by yuneeq »
Visibly Jewish

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 06, 2020, 02:24:49 AM »
I also don't believe so. But to me it seems that the only way they stay 100% safe is by staying home for a long time. Corona is not disappearing too fast and the second they walk out even with a mask and around people in masks its still easy for them to catch it. So only option to stay locked up for years until its 0% here

No one believes in living a 100% safe life. But you cannot reasonably compare an elderly person shopping with a mask in Edison and the same person going anywhere in Lakewood, with or without a mask.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 06, 2020, 02:27:20 AM »
Anti-maskers "Masks don't work, and even if they did I'm not wearing one, just lock up the old people".
Also anti-maskers "All these old people locked up are getting depressed and dying, we can't keep them locked up forever".
Anti-masker climax "All the old people we set free are now dying from COVID, why don't they believe in wearing masks?"
I am not an anti masker. I go into stores with my mask out of respect to others.  But I don't believe in masks enough to say that its the solution to corona as many believe

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 06, 2020, 02:28:40 AM »
I am not an anti masker. I go into stores with my mask out of respect to others.  But I don't believe in masks enough to say that its the solution to corona as many believe

I was not referring to you. It's only because the irony of the anti-mask arguments just dawned on me that I felt I had to post. Re: masks, I'd like to hear any reason why only Jewish communities are being affected?
Visibly Jewish

Offline dovy2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 06, 2020, 08:11:10 AM »
I was not referring to you. It's only because the irony of the anti-mask arguments just dawned on me that I felt I had to post. Re: masks, I'd like to hear any reason why only Jewish communities are being affected?
Because of summer camps? Schools reopening before anyone else? Yom tov?
The same thing would have happened in any other community.. IMHO has nothing to do with masks.. (IOW masks wouldn't of helped in those situations)

Offline Hjay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 06, 2020, 08:27:54 AM »
The same thing would have happened in any other community.. IMHO has nothing to do with masks.. (IOW masks wouldn't of helped in those situations)

Add weddings. The reasons mentioned & large families. & the amount of interaction between neighbors friends relatives even on a daily basis not because of weddings or anything else special, really changes the equation.

Unfortunately nobody in the outside world will understand this

Offline SayWhat

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 06, 2020, 09:22:08 AM »
Add weddings. The reasons mentioned & large families. & the amount of interaction between neighbors friends relatives even on a daily basis not because of weddings or anything else special, really changes the equation.

Unfortunately nobody in the outside world will understand this
Shouldn't this be more of a reason to be extra cautious not less? Why was social distancing and masks thrown out a long time if our community is more susceptible to spread the disease?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 09:27:42 AM by SayWhat »

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #171 on: October 06, 2020, 09:58:14 AM »
No one believes in living a 100% safe life. But you cannot reasonably compare an elderly person shopping with a mask in Edison and the same person going anywhere in Lakewood, with or without a mask.
Actually, it’s possible Edison is starting to see the beginnings of an outbreak after several teachers from Lakewood infected others at school.
So basically, you agree that the reason it’s prevalent is because the rules were completely ignored. You’re not really entitled to your opinion that specifically masks wouldn’t have helped, since there isn’t really a legitimate medical point of view that believes that, but no matter what the wholesale abandoning of all precautions led directly to this point and that is clear. We can argue which specific thing it was but when you factor in camps, schools, shuls, weddings, no masks, no distancing, no capacity limits, all indoors, people who were exposed/infected continuing to circulate and infect others, the sum total caused the predictable outbreak. So, to answer @Mordyk ’s straw man argument, if you can’t keep all people who are higher risk fully locked up, you should require everyone to exercise a certain amount of caution in their lives, with higher risk people being even more cautious.

Nobody wants everyone to be locked down, but the consequences we are facing now are a direct result of being unwilling to take lesser action earlier. Our insistence on reacting instead of being proactive is what caused this. As a society, we seem to have both poor hindsight and foresight.

-It’s unfair to make everyone stay locked down forever just for older people.
-It’s unfair to make older people stay locked down forever because you can’t wear a mask and stay a couple feet away from people in Shul.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 06, 2020, 10:02:09 AM »
Shouldn't this be more of a reason to be extra cautious not less? Why was social distancing and masks thrown out a long time if our community is more susceptible to spread the disease?
1) herd immunity. Everybody had it already
2) I have antibodies, I’ll never get it again.
3) it’s already been 2 months & nobody is getting it. Hatzolah is reporting zero new Covid calls.

This from all the overnight medical experts.

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 06, 2020, 10:05:15 AM »
3) it’s already been 2 months & nobody is getting it. Hatzolah is reporting zero new Covid calls.

4) it's a weaker strain, so no hospitalizations, even though hatzala is getting calls, it's just because people are nervous because the media hyped up the virus
5) everyone will get it anyways, so there's nothing we can do

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #174 on: October 06, 2020, 10:15:45 AM »

4) it's a weaker strain, so no hospitalizations, even though hatzala is getting calls, it's just because people are nervous because the media hyped up the virus
5) everyone will get it anyways, so there's nothing we can do
6) we see obviously masks and SD don’t work
7) lockdowns don’t work anyway
8 ) we can’t stay locked down forever
9) lockdowns just kick the can down the road
10) it’s not as bad as March so it’s fine, couple of hospitalizations a day never killed anyone
These are all stated reasons on these forums, among others that are even crazier

Offline Yef

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 06, 2020, 12:27:43 PM »
Actually, it’s possible Edison is starting to see the beginnings of an outbreak after several teachers from Lakewood infected others at school.
Sir, i think it’s time to start calling out your statements against jewish people. . Where are you getting your news from, obviously some very anti Semitic places

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 06, 2020, 12:36:23 PM »
Sir, i think it’s time to start calling out your statements against jewish people. . Where are you getting your news from, obviously some very anti Semitic places
The virus is antisemitic

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 06, 2020, 12:38:12 PM »

The politicians and the media told us it's racist, why can't it be antisemitic too?
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #178 on: October 06, 2020, 01:41:12 PM »
The politicians and the media told us it's racist, why can't it be antisemitic too?
There was a poster who asked if it’s Ashkenazic genes :)
Yes yes my news is from CNN and other very anti Semitic places. It’s time to start calling me out. Foiled again! You caught on so quickly.

Offline Hjay

• View Profile