Author Topic: Deblasio Shutting 9 ZIP Codes Again  (Read 92725 times)

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
["-"]

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Re: Deblasio Shutting 9 ZIP Codes Again
« Reply #221 on: October 06, 2020, 10:28:06 PM »
While I dont have an online source, this was / is the general sentiment in the city. Look at all the city twitter pages, they are constantly pushing testing. Pop-up mobile testing sites are throughout the city.
They did the same in Brooklyn, how do you know the compliance there was different?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online whacked1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 06, 2020, 10:31:23 PM »
They did the same in Brooklyn, how do you know the compliance there was different?
I'm not following. In brooklyn the frum communities did not stam test. So yes, there arent only jews in these zip codes, but a large percentage are.

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 06, 2020, 10:34:13 PM »
Plenty of OOT Jewish communities do just that and have avoided COVID-19 outbreaks and shutdowns.

That may be true, but none of them are as condensed as these neighborhoods currently being targeted so its not really a good comparison. But I'm honestly and sincerely glad for every place that's able to avoid a spike or outbreak and I wish that were able to be the case all over.

In either case, that wasn't really my point at all.  My point is that a lot of us are pretty sick of all these people on here that act like they receive direct revelations from G-d just like Moses did.

Many of us have and still are trying our best and despite it all even if we should have seen it coming are still disappointed and we're not interested in being told, I told you so. That's for kindergarten.

Offline Pupashtetl

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 06, 2020, 10:36:11 PM »

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #225 on: October 06, 2020, 10:37:36 PM »
That may be true, but none of them are as condensed as these neighborhoods currently being targeted so its not really a good comparison. But I'm honestly and sincerely glad for every place that's able to avoid a spike or outbreak and I wish that were able to be the case all over.

In either case, that wasn't really my point at all.  My point is that a lot of us are pretty sick of all these people on here that act like they receive direct revelations from G-d just like Moses did.

Many of us have and still are trying our best and despite it all even if we should have seen it coming are still disappointed and we're not interested in being told, I told you so. That's for kindergarten.
Honestly, it did not take anything more that open eyes. Someone who choose to delude himself maybe deserves to be spoken to like that. At least they should learn from their costly mistakes.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #226 on: October 06, 2020, 10:37:54 PM »
I'm not following. In brooklyn the frum communities did not stam test. So yes, there arent only jews in these zip codes, but a large percentage are.
And how do you know the non frum communities did? You can’t use the fact that it was pushed by the city as a raya, because clearly that didn’t matter to the frum community..

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #227 on: October 06, 2020, 10:39:27 PM »

Lakewood is not more packed than many OOT communities.

The only people acting like they have revelations from G-d are those denying what is obvious and open al pi derech hateva in front of them. Don’t be sick and tired of people saying I told you so, just do what needs to be done and it won’t happen.

When you act like a kindergartner, don’t expect to be treated like an adult.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 06, 2020, 10:40:49 PM »
The only people acting like they have revelations from G-d are those denying what is obvious and open al pi derech hateva in front of them.

I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy

Online whacked1

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 06, 2020, 10:41:42 PM »
And how do you know the non frum communities did? You can’t use the fact that it was pushed by the city as a raya, because clearly that didn’t matter to the frum community..
I see it with my own eyes. I manage real estate in the city. I have thousands of tenants (all ranges from wealthy to rent stabilized). I'm on the streets in various neighborhoods every day talking to people.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #231 on: October 06, 2020, 10:43:01 PM »
I see it with my own eyes. I manage real estate in the city. I have thousands of tenants (all ranges from wealthy to rent stabilized). I'm on the streets in various neighborhoods every day talking to people.
And? You have statistics on how many healthy people in other communities tested vs. frum people?

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 06, 2020, 10:44:42 PM »
Umm. But this happened. As predicted. And the places that practiced SD aren’t experiencing spikes (yet). This non-argument is mind-numbingly senseless.

It wasn't an argument, so yes its a non-argument just as you wrote. And its also not mind-numbingly senseless. You totally missed my point which I explained above.

What is mind-numbingly senseless is your extreme rudeness to anyone that disagrees with you - not just to me.. You can say the same things politely, but perhaps its too much of an effort for you? Or perhaps I should be used to it by now? Unfortunately, for you, rudeness just isn't something I can get used to. Sorry.

And I hope I didn't come across here as rude or impolite. If I did, my apologies.

Online whacked1

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 06, 2020, 10:45:27 PM »
And? You have statistics on how many healthy people in other communities tested vs. frum people?
The average person I speak has been tested multiple times. Even if they never had any symptoms nor were they exposed. The feeling is one of "NY Strong" means we go to get tested.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #234 on: October 06, 2020, 10:46:16 PM »
?
Come on there is more than enough garbage to go around.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #235 on: October 06, 2020, 10:46:55 PM »
It wasn't an argument, so yes its a non-argument just as you wrote. And its also not mind-numbingly senseless. You totally missed my point which I explained above.

What is mind-numbingly senseless is your extreme rudeness to anyone that disagrees with you - not just to me.. You can say the same things politely, but perhaps its too much of an effort for you? Or perhaps I should be used to it by now? Unfortunately, for you, rudeness just isn't something I can get used to. Sorry.

And I hope I didn't come across here as rude or impolite. If I did, my apologies.
Not to be rude, but that was in response to this
Let's just imagine that this spike would have happened even though everyone would have worn masks religiously and practiced proper social distancing.

All those predictors out there would have still found some kind of reason to say: I told you so, it was predicted, we brought it on ourselves, etc.
If ever rudeness was called for, that was it

Online PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 06, 2020, 10:47:10 PM »

I don't remember a single instance where he was rude. It looks like you think poking your make-believe bubble is rude

The average person I speak has been tested multiple times. Even if they never had any symptoms nor were they exposed. The feeling is one of "NY Strong" means we go to get tested.
Give me a break. There is data on total tests performed.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #237 on: October 06, 2020, 10:47:42 PM »
That’s highly anecdotal but I guess I’ll take what I can get. Wish we had statistics per testing site, that would clear this up.

Offline junion

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 06, 2020, 10:48:08 PM »
https://twitter.com/BoroPark24/status/1313662219918413824
anyone not wearing a mask by this protest is ruining the whole thing.
We have to show them that we can do this safely to get the non-jewish public on our side. Otherwise photos of this protest will be on Coumo's show a.k.a. "press conference" tomorrow.

Offline RewardsAddict

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 06, 2020, 10:48:38 PM »
I pass a NYC Covid testing site every day. All the people testing there are not visibly jewish, although its a pretty frum neighborhood.