Author Topic: Deblasio Shutting 9 ZIP Codes Again  (Read 32738 times)

Online yesitsme

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Deblasio Shutting 9 ZIP Codes Again
« Reply #810 on: November 08, 2020, 07:50:05 PM »

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: November 08, 2020, 07:50:30 PM »
Top of page depends on post per page setting

Sorry, that's right.

So see about 10 posts prior :).

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #812 on: November 08, 2020, 07:59:14 PM »
I hold Biden to a much higher standard than Trump because:
1. He campaigned on the basis that COVID deaths were all Trumpís fault
2. He has the advantage of being able to blame Trump for all that is wrong with COVID while taking credit for whatever the Trump administration put in place.
3. When COVID hit in 1Q2020 everyone was equally clueless about COVID, gradually we learned more and got a better handle on things. So Biden and his team have the advantage of coming prepared to a situation that has already developed where we have lots more awareness.

(I'm assuming you meant hold, not hope, so corrected that)

Couldn't be said better.  I would also add that Biden vigorously campaigned on having a plan to nip the virus in the bud saying that Trump had no plan. So now we're all waiting for that plan to be publicized and implemented.

Online S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #813 on: November 08, 2020, 08:02:27 PM »
That's why I didn't say "nobody", I said I don't know how many because I knew someone would mention the Danish. What percentage of the world population are they? I'm just saying there aren't too many and you'd be hard pressed not to agree. Majority of the world population are not thrilled with the response to COVID-19.
China, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Norway, Iceland, the UAE.. itís a big world out there and many countries handled this remarkably well. Unfortunately, the US comes in at the very bottom of the barrel in nearly every metric.

Much of that might have been mazel and out of Trumpís hands, but some of the blame lies squarely with him. Remember, we are a country that prides ourselves in being the biggest and best at most things, including the size/strength of our military, our GDP, our medical and educational infrastructures, etc.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #814 on: November 08, 2020, 08:15:23 PM »
China, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Norway, Iceland, the UAE.. itís a big world out there and many countries handled this remarkably well. Unfortunately, the US comes in at the very bottom of the barrel in nearly every metric.

Do you really believe that the citizens of all these countries are thrilled with their responses? I'm not going to go through each of them but suffice it to say its just not true and I'll just point out 2 countries. You know good and well the Chinese wouldn't be applauding their leader had they not been forced to do so in communist regime style?

As far as Australia, yes they may have kept the count very low, however I personally know people living there who have told me how unhappy most citizens are with how the economy is getting busted and would have much preferred not such a harsh lockdown. The bottom line is that its not possible to have a complete lockdown to keep the virus out while still keeping your economy going as if nothing ever happened. Its one or the other and either way there will be people who like the plan as well as people who don't.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #815 on: November 08, 2020, 08:23:40 PM »

There was talk yesterday or today of SI neighborhoods with uptick, what are the rates there? They weren't going to be put in any zone, just have increased testing and awareness. So I'm curious what the rates are over there.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #816 on: November 08, 2020, 08:57:44 PM »
Do you really believe that the citizens of all these countries are thrilled with their responses? I'm not going to go through each of them but suffice it to say its just not true and I'll just point out 2 countries. You know good and well the Chinese wouldn't be applauding their leader had they not been forced to do so in communist regime style?

As far as Australia, yes they may have kept the count very low, however I personally know people living there who have told me how unhappy most citizens are with how the economy is getting busted and would have much preferred not such a harsh lockdown. The bottom line is that its not possible to have a complete lockdown to keep the virus out while still keeping your economy going as if nothing ever happened. Its one or the other and either way there will be people who like the plan as well as people who don't.
Iím not sure youíre right about China. I believe most Chinese citizens wholeheartedly buy in to the system, but I could be wrong.

As for Australia, while you might know a few people (who are probably frum and share the majority view prevalent on this forum) who are unhappy, from the start of COVID the PM has gone from record low approval ratings (37%) to being just about the most popular sitting PM in Australian history (70% approval for most of the pandemic).
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: November 08, 2020, 09:18:11 PM »
Iím not sure youíre right about China. I believe most Chinese citizens wholeheartedly buy in to the system, but I could be wrong.

Then you've never been to China. Or Hong Kong. Have been to both pre-pandemic more times than I can count.

In any case, I'm happy to let you have the last word as I don't really see the point in arguing about this. Its one of those times we'll agree to disagree :).

(And anyway its probably the wrong thread to have this argument.)

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #818 on: November 08, 2020, 09:56:57 PM »
Then you've never been to China. Or Hong Kong. Have been to both pre-pandemic more times than I can count.

In any case, I'm happy to let you have the last word as I don't really see the point in arguing about this. Its one of those times we'll agree to disagree :).

(And anyway its probably the wrong thread to have this argument.)
As I said I could be wrong but Iím not sure what bearing the amount of times either of us have visited would have on this discussion. At least officially, Chinese citizens are overwhelming supportive of the administration and its response to COVID, and I believe thatís true as well of US citizens who are originally from China.

Did you see what I posted about Australia?
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: November 08, 2020, 10:06:19 PM »
As I said I could be wrong but Iím not sure what bearing the amount of times either of us have visited would have on this discussion. At least officially, Chinese citizens are overwhelming supportive of the administration and its response to COVID, and I believe thatís true as well of US citizens who are originally from China.

Knowing the Chinese mentality quite well I take everything I read about them on a public site with a grain of salt. A huge one.

Did you see what I posted about Australia?

Yes I did and accept, thus no comment :).

I will add regarding your comment that the US response was towards the bottom of the list, that that has a whole lot more to do with the rules and regulations put into place by state and local officials than it has to do with the federal officials and/or president who didn't really have the power to set the responses for each individual state. They all chose their own paths give or take.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #820 on: November 09, 2020, 07:28:19 AM »
I will add regarding your comment that the US response was towards the bottom of the list, that that has a whole lot more to do with the rules and regulations put into place by state and local officials than it has to do with the federal officials and/or president who didn't really have the power to set the responses for each individual state. They all chose their own paths give or take.
Some things might have been beyond Trumpís control. But there is no doubt he had a markedly different attitude towards the virus than world leaders who managed to successfully control it, and acted more similarly to leaders like Brazilís (who failed) than leaders like Denmarkís (who succeeded).

I donít think you would have predicted in advance that the US would stink it up in terms of dealing with the virus. Remember, weíre really good at most things. Youíre just using a convenient excuse (of which you can find many regarding any individual country) as an explanation after the fact. But by looking at policy and rhetoric it is clear Trump acted more similarly to leaders who failed, which indicates another person in his place with a different attitude would have performed better.

Once more: It is probably not *all* on Trump. But to claim it has *nothing* to do with Trump is highly disingenuous. I donít remember you predicting in advance that the US would do worse than anywhere else.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #821 on: November 09, 2020, 10:39:08 AM »
Some things might have been beyond Trumpís control. But there is no doubt he had a markedly different attitude towards the virus than world leaders who managed to successfully control it, and acted more similarly to leaders like Brazilís (who failed) than leaders like Denmarkís (who succeeded).

I donít think you would have predicted in advance that the US would stink it up in terms of dealing with the virus. Remember, weíre really good at most things. Youíre just using a convenient excuse (of which you can find many regarding any individual country) as an explanation after the fact. But by looking at policy and rhetoric it is clear Trump acted more similarly to leaders who failed, which indicates another person in his place with a different attitude would have performed better.

Once more: It is probably not *all* on Trump. But to claim it has *nothing* to do with Trump is highly disingenuous. I donít remember you predicting in advance that the US would do worse than anywhere else.

Nobody said it had nothing to do with Trump and no I'm not a Navi so I don't make predictions.

But NY performed worse than any other place too with our "amazing" governor and other similar local leaders calling the shots. Trumps rhetoric means nothing when its other people that are implementing the policies especially those that disagree with him and will do the exact opposite of his rhetoric anyway.

We have to do our personal hishtadlus but what happens ultimately is up to Hashem - I know you may not go for this line but even l'havdil Cuomo wrongly used it for the enormous amount of nursing home deaths in NY saying it was an "act of G-d". Not Trump and not Cuomo and not any other world leader are ultimately at fault or totally in control and I personally feel its important to realize that.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #822 on: November 09, 2020, 12:53:37 PM »
Nobody said it had nothing to do with Trump and no I'm not a Navi so I don't make predictions.
You make predictions every day in all parts of your life. You donít need to be a Navi, you need to be a rational person who makes the best decisions possible with the information available.

When you invest in the stock market, you are predicting that the market will rise. When you pull out, you are predicting that cash is safer or will perform better. When you purchase a home, you are predicting that the home value will rise. This is also true of small decisions, such as the decision to go anywhere or do anything. You are predicting that by driving somewhere you will arrive safely at your destination. The same for every other action you take in your life.

But NY performed worse than any other place too with our "amazing" governor and other similar local leaders calling the shots. Trumps rhetoric means nothing when its other people that are implementing the policies especially those that disagree with him and will do the exact opposite of his rhetoric anyway.

We have to do our personal hishtadlus but what happens ultimately is up to Hashem - I know you may not go for this line but even l'havdil Cuomo wrongly used it for the enormous amount of nursing home deaths in NY saying it was an "act of G-d". Not Trump and not Cuomo and not any other world leader are ultimately at fault or totally in control and I personally feel its important to realize that.
Thatís great, and ultimately everything is up to Hashem. However if part of hishtadlus is voting in competent leaders itís important to realize that Trump did *not* perform as competently as a replacement could have regarding COVID. Just like you decided his policies are good for Israel, the economy, etc. No, Cuomo did not perform too well either. That doesnít mean a better President couldnít have done a better job.

I never said nor believed NY has an ďamazingĒ governor. Youíre putting words and positions in my mouth. Trumpís actions rhetoric may not be everything but it certainly matters more than ďnothingĒ.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #823 on: November 09, 2020, 02:25:57 PM »
I never said nor believed NY has an ďamazingĒ governor. Youíre putting words and positions in my mouth.

My apologies, I didn't at all mean to intimate that you said it. I put it in quotes because I preferred being sarcastic and having people understand that I obviously mean the polar opposite without having to use a negative term. Didn't have anything to do at all with anything you said and I'm sorry you felt that way.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #824 on: November 09, 2020, 02:41:32 PM »
My apologies, I didn't at all mean to intimate that you said it. I put it in quotes because I preferred being sarcastic and having people understand that I obviously mean the polar opposite without having to use a negative term. Didn't have anything to do at all with anything you said and I'm sorry you felt that way.
No apology necessary, clarification understood and appreciated.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com