Author Topic: Deblasio Shutting 9 ZIP Codes Again  (Read 92667 times)

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Re: Deblasio Shutting 9 ZIP Codes Again
« Reply #820 on: November 09, 2020, 07:28:19 AM »
I will add regarding your comment that the US response was towards the bottom of the list, that that has a whole lot more to do with the rules and regulations put into place by state and local officials than it has to do with the federal officials and/or president who didn't really have the power to set the responses for each individual state. They all chose their own paths give or take.
Some things might have been beyond Trump’s control. But there is no doubt he had a markedly different attitude towards the virus than world leaders who managed to successfully control it, and acted more similarly to leaders like Brazil’s (who failed) than leaders like Denmark’s (who succeeded).

I don’t think you would have predicted in advance that the US would stink it up in terms of dealing with the virus. Remember, we’re really good at most things. You’re just using a convenient excuse (of which you can find many regarding any individual country) as an explanation after the fact. But by looking at policy and rhetoric it is clear Trump acted more similarly to leaders who failed, which indicates another person in his place with a different attitude would have performed better.

Once more: It is probably not *all* on Trump. But to claim it has *nothing* to do with Trump is highly disingenuous. I don’t remember you predicting in advance that the US would do worse than anywhere else.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: November 09, 2020, 10:39:08 AM »
Some things might have been beyond Trump’s control. But there is no doubt he had a markedly different attitude towards the virus than world leaders who managed to successfully control it, and acted more similarly to leaders like Brazil’s (who failed) than leaders like Denmark’s (who succeeded).

I don’t think you would have predicted in advance that the US would stink it up in terms of dealing with the virus. Remember, we’re really good at most things. You’re just using a convenient excuse (of which you can find many regarding any individual country) as an explanation after the fact. But by looking at policy and rhetoric it is clear Trump acted more similarly to leaders who failed, which indicates another person in his place with a different attitude would have performed better.

Once more: It is probably not *all* on Trump. But to claim it has *nothing* to do with Trump is highly disingenuous. I don’t remember you predicting in advance that the US would do worse than anywhere else.

Nobody said it had nothing to do with Trump and no I'm not a Navi so I don't make predictions.

But NY performed worse than any other place too with our "amazing" governor and other similar local leaders calling the shots. Trumps rhetoric means nothing when its other people that are implementing the policies especially those that disagree with him and will do the exact opposite of his rhetoric anyway.

We have to do our personal hishtadlus but what happens ultimately is up to Hashem - I know you may not go for this line but even l'havdil Cuomo wrongly used it for the enormous amount of nursing home deaths in NY saying it was an "act of G-d". Not Trump and not Cuomo and not any other world leader are ultimately at fault or totally in control and I personally feel its important to realize that.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #822 on: November 09, 2020, 12:53:37 PM »
Nobody said it had nothing to do with Trump and no I'm not a Navi so I don't make predictions.
You make predictions every day in all parts of your life. You don’t need to be a Navi, you need to be a rational person who makes the best decisions possible with the information available.

When you invest in the stock market, you are predicting that the market will rise. When you pull out, you are predicting that cash is safer or will perform better. When you purchase a home, you are predicting that the home value will rise. This is also true of small decisions, such as the decision to go anywhere or do anything. You are predicting that by driving somewhere you will arrive safely at your destination. The same for every other action you take in your life.

But NY performed worse than any other place too with our "amazing" governor and other similar local leaders calling the shots. Trumps rhetoric means nothing when its other people that are implementing the policies especially those that disagree with him and will do the exact opposite of his rhetoric anyway.

We have to do our personal hishtadlus but what happens ultimately is up to Hashem - I know you may not go for this line but even l'havdil Cuomo wrongly used it for the enormous amount of nursing home deaths in NY saying it was an "act of G-d". Not Trump and not Cuomo and not any other world leader are ultimately at fault or totally in control and I personally feel its important to realize that.
That’s great, and ultimately everything is up to Hashem. However if part of hishtadlus is voting in competent leaders it’s important to realize that Trump did *not* perform as competently as a replacement could have regarding COVID. Just like you decided his policies are good for Israel, the economy, etc. No, Cuomo did not perform too well either. That doesn’t mean a better President couldn’t have done a better job.

I never said nor believed NY has an “amazing” governor. You’re putting words and positions in my mouth. Trump’s actions rhetoric may not be everything but it certainly matters more than “nothing”.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #823 on: November 09, 2020, 02:25:57 PM »
I never said nor believed NY has an “amazing” governor. You’re putting words and positions in my mouth.

My apologies, I didn't at all mean to intimate that you said it. I put it in quotes because I preferred being sarcastic and having people understand that I obviously mean the polar opposite without having to use a negative term. Didn't have anything to do at all with anything you said and I'm sorry you felt that way.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #824 on: November 09, 2020, 02:41:32 PM »
My apologies, I didn't at all mean to intimate that you said it. I put it in quotes because I preferred being sarcastic and having people understand that I obviously mean the polar opposite without having to use a negative term. Didn't have anything to do at all with anything you said and I'm sorry you felt that way.
No apology necessary, clarification understood and appreciated.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile

Offline Traveler718

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 19, 2020, 08:05:29 AM »
China, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Norway, Iceland, the UAE.. it’s a big world out there and many countries handled this remarkably well. Unfortunately, the US comes in at the very bottom of the barrel in nearly every metric.

Much of that might have been mazel and out of Trump’s hands, but some of the blame lies squarely with him. Remember, we are a country that prides ourselves in being the biggest and best at most things, including the size/strength of our military, our GDP, our medical and educational infrastructures, etc.
https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2020/11/a61cd086b159-tokyo-planning-to-raise-virus-alert-to-highest-level-amid-surge.html

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #828 on: November 19, 2020, 09:03:07 AM »
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Online justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 19, 2020, 10:34:11 AM »
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline yzj

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: November 19, 2020, 10:36:38 AM »
In other news De Blasio says he spoke to the governor and an orange zone designation is coming for the city within the next week or so which means all private schools are mandatory shut down again. I guess it’s anything but admit you were wrong for shutting the public schools.Here we go again. Time to take out the dreidels.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 19, 2020, 10:39:12 AM »
Deblasio had no trouble changing the goal posts to drag 2 weeks on for many months and many restrictions were not removed based on the original metrics, but when he uses a flawed metric to shut the schools he says this was the agreement.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #832 on: November 19, 2020, 11:25:35 AM »

Online justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #833 on: November 19, 2020, 11:41:57 AM »
I stopped after the second sentence. What a rag
not sure what u mean
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 05, 2021, 12:53:30 PM »
https://boropark24.com/news/mayor-de-blasio-plans-to-start-a-sprinting-vaccination-process-while-gov-cuomo-plans-to-start-fining-hospitals

Typical Deblasio response when asked why vaccinations aren’t currently 24/7.
“Getting it right in the first few weeks was the trendsetter,” said the mayor. “Now is the time to sprint.”