Author Topic: COVIDiots  (Read 65810 times)

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: COVIDiots
« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2021, 08:17:48 AM »
I never said I speak for the Rebbe

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Neither did I. I was replying to this post who was suggesting what your opinion might be, and replied that you should be voicing your own opinion, not other people voicing it for you:

Perhaps people like neveru have an idea on what the Rebbe's position would have been and it's the one that defies logic.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline chinagel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 24, 2021, 12:31:14 PM »
I don't see how anyone can begin to guess what the Rebbe would say here.
Why are you convinced so many are wrong if you can entertain the notion of the Rebbe not going with medical advice necessarily?

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 24, 2021, 12:33:27 PM »
Why are you convinced so many are wrong if you can entertain the notion of the Rebbe not going with medical advice necessarily?

"So many are wrong"? Please post/quote some fleshed out suggestions like @Lurker offered.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #243 on: February 24, 2021, 12:44:01 PM »

Dead bodies and long term complications. A tzaddik sees things that regular people can't see and can take it upon himself to advise people to do things in a manner that is lema'alah miderech hatevah. That doesn't mean that you should take it upon yourself lechatchilah to go against tevah without that guidance. We can't just make up the rules for ourselves as we go along.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 24, 2021, 01:08:39 PM »
Dead bodies and long term complications. A tzaddik sees things that regular people can't see and can take it upon himself to advise people to do things in a manner that is lema'alah miderech hatevah. That doesn't mean that you should take it upon yourself lechatchilah to go against tevah without that guidance. We can't just make up the rules for ourselves as we go along.
So you're saying you're sure of what his guidance would've been al pi tevah? Just there may have been  lema'alah miderech hatevah factors that would've changed the guidance?

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 24, 2021, 01:12:51 PM »
So if someone else tells you that his rebbe/tzadik says you can continue with life as normal, why is that any different? Maybe he is coming from this ruach hakodesh? Is this just a simple case of my rebbe is bigger than yours?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #246 on: February 24, 2021, 01:15:41 PM »
So you're saying you're sure of what his guidance would've been al pi tevah? Just there may have been  lema'alah miderech hatevah factors that would've changed the guidance?

No. I'm saying I have no idea what his guidance would be. Absent his guidance, we are left to work within tevah as we see it and as we are told by the medical professionals.

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 24, 2021, 01:16:54 PM »
No. I'm saying I have no idea what his guidance would be. Absent his guidance, we are left to work within tevah as we see it and as we are told by the medical professionals.
But some are claiming to have such guidance, and you are implying that if he would give such guidance you would follow it.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 24, 2021, 01:18:39 PM »
So if someone else tells you that his rebbe/tzadik says you can continue with life as normal, why is that any different? Maybe he is coming from this ruach hakodesh? Is this just a simple case of my rebbe is bigger than yours?

You have an example of a tzaddik saying there's nothing to worry about from Covid and we should resume life as normal? Or is this just a simple case of stirring the pot with BS?

But some are claiming to have such guidance,

Show me.

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 24, 2021, 01:21:06 PM »
No. I'm saying I have no idea what his guidance would be.
Even within teva? Or specifically because of the lmaale min hateva?

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 24, 2021, 01:21:25 PM »
You have an example of a tzaddik saying there's nothing to worry about from Covid and we should resume life as normal? Or is this just a simple case of stirring the pot with BS?
I don't personally. But many have posted on this forum about everyone following their own ravs guidance and have been attacked nonetheless. I am just surprised by you saying that you would follow someone who would give such guidance, based on your posts.

Offline th0306

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 24, 2021, 01:21:37 PM »
+1

Plenty of Gedolim urging to take precautions seriously, others are not voicing an opinion.

I am not aware of a single Gadol openly instructing to go on with life as normal....

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 24, 2021, 01:22:46 PM »
Even within teva? Or specifically because of the lmaale min hateva?

When the Rebbe told people to tell their doctors that they are taking the wrong medicine and that's why they aren't getting better, is that tevah or lema'alah min hatevah?

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #253 on: February 24, 2021, 01:23:53 PM »
I am not aware of a single Gadol openly instructing to go on with life as normal....
R’ Yisroel Kalmanovich before he was placed on a vent, for one. Not sure if his opinion changed since.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 24, 2021, 01:24:22 PM »
The Belzer Rebbe (if you consider him a gadol)
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 24, 2021, 01:31:36 PM »
Let me be VERY clear: this is not a referendum on anyone's Rebbe or anyone's idea of who is or isn't a Tzaddik. I would follow my Rebbe for my personal reasons. However, if someone came to me with ta'anos, I can't blame him. The answer would be, "You're right, but this is what my Rebbe told me to do."

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #256 on: February 24, 2021, 01:32:51 PM »
I don't personally. But many have posted on this forum about everyone following their own ravs guidance and have been attacked nonetheless. I am just surprised by you saying that you would follow someone who would give such guidance, based on your posts.
I won't speak for all, but MANY of those attacks were about the person blaming their preference on something never said.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 24, 2021, 01:34:51 PM »
I won't speak for all, but MANY of those attacks were about the person blaming their preference on something never said.
Fair enough

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 24, 2021, 01:53:38 PM »
When the Rebbe told people to tell their doctors that they are taking the wrong medicine and that's why they aren't getting better, is that tevah or lema'alah min hatevah?
You tell me.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 24, 2021, 02:21:39 PM »
You tell me.

Honestly, you're asking questions I feel less than qualified to answer on a public forum. I'm happy to spout my boich svaros on here about a whole bunch of topics. But when you start getting into the inner workings of tevah and Ruach Hakodesh, I gotta tap out.