Author Topic: COVIDiots  (Read 64514 times)

Offline dovy2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: COVIDiots
« Reply #400 on: September 14, 2021, 08:14:56 PM »
Unless someone takes action, so world's largest corona spread is planned to happen in a 2 weeks in 770.. thousands of people will be kissing with their mouth the same 5 inch by 5 inch spot on the Rebbe's Sefer Torah.
Last year they canceled the kissing.. and although I'm fine with tishrei, simchas beis hashoaiva and hakafos continuing as normal, I hope they cancel the line this year too... I think that's a bit pushing it

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #401 on: September 14, 2021, 08:19:07 PM »
Unless someone takes action, so world's largest corona spread is planned to happen in a 2 weeks in 770.. thousands of people will be kissing with their mouth the same 5 inch by 5 inch spot on the Rebbe's Sefer Torah.
Last year they canceled the kissing.. and although I'm fine with tishrei, simchas beis hashoaiva and hakafos continuing as normal, I hope they cancel the line this year too... I think that's a bit pushing it
I would think that hakafos are much more likely to spread than kissing the sefer torah.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #402 on: September 14, 2021, 08:28:01 PM »

The dangers in 770 these days are not covid related. I feel like all the warning signs are screaming for us to do something and nothing is being done, r"l. The crowds get bigger and bigger and the space is the same. From what I heard, there was a significant amount of people who fainted on R"H, 3 in the immidiate vicinity of a kohen relative during duchening on one day.

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #403 on: September 14, 2021, 09:07:40 PM »
Time to move on.

Get vaxxed and continue life as before. What do you think will be different next year? Test for antibodies and if you don't have, get a booster if you're older. Not that hard.

If anyone isn't vaxxed, that shouldn't be your problem at this point.

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 14, 2021, 11:10:44 PM »
The footage out of Melbourne now is heartbreaking. Yimach Shemam.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #405 on: September 14, 2021, 11:13:40 PM »
The footage out of Melbourne now is heartbreaking. Yimach Shemam.
Link?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 15, 2021, 05:44:26 AM »
Link?

Only have whatsapp videos from erev

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 15, 2021, 08:35:21 AM »
The dangers in 770 these days are not covid related. I feel like all the warning signs are screaming for us to do something and nothing is being done, r"l. The crowds get bigger and bigger and the space is the same. From what I heard, there was a significant amount of people who fainted on R"H, 3 in the immidiate vicinity of a kohen relative during duchening on one day.

["-"]

Offline Mordyk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #408 on: September 15, 2021, 11:00:17 AM »
At what point do we say screw this whole covid, let's go back to normal life and be careful a little with our health. Some will get sick, some will get very sick, and a small minority will die unfortunately.  But that is the price to pay for the whole world to go back to normal life. 

Or do we make our personal lives more and more miserable as time goes on, with shots, booster shoots monthly, travel restrictions and who knows what else...
#TYH

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 15, 2021, 11:19:47 AM »
Some will get sick, some will get very sick, and a small minority will die unfortunately.  But that is the price to pay for the whole world to go back to normal life. 
While this might be the redneck way I’m certain it’s not the Torah way.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 15, 2021, 11:21:13 AM »
At what point do we say screw this whole covid, let's go back to normal life and be careful a little with our health. Some will get sick, some will get very sick, and a small minority will die unfortunately.  But that is the price to pay for the whole world to go back to normal life. 

Or do we make our personal lives more and more miserable as time goes on, with shots, booster shoots monthly, travel restrictions and who knows what else...
This has been a popular opinion here and in the frum community since roughly April 2020

Offline Yosel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 15, 2021, 11:22:56 AM »
While this might be the redneck way I’m certain it’s not the Torah way.
respectfully disagree.............

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 15, 2021, 11:36:35 AM »
respectfully disagree.............
According to the Torah we let the vulnerable die so we can live normally ?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #413 on: September 15, 2021, 11:44:42 AM »

How is your life abnormal right now?
Are you that scared over an annual or semi annual booster shot?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 15, 2021, 12:03:21 PM »
How is your life abnormal right now?
Are you that scared over an annual or semi annual booster shot?
The rate we are going?  No I don't want a monthly booster shot. So far we went from maybe needing years down the line to now they are giving number 3 already.

Air travel will be restricted soon enough if you are not 100% up to date.My kids going on the bus to school with masks. Vaccine cards to keep track of everything (even though Google has been doing that for years). Restaurants in NYC not letting people in without proof of vaccinations.

Overall my life is mostly normal, but lately it seems like we are on a real slippery slope down into control town.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #415 on: September 15, 2021, 12:42:55 PM »
The rate we are going?  No I don't want a monthly booster shot. So far we went from maybe needing years down the line to now they are giving number 3 already.

Air travel will be restricted soon enough if you are not 100% up to date.My kids going on the bus to school with masks. Vaccine cards to keep track of everything (even though Google has been doing that for years). Restaurants in NYC not letting people in without proof of vaccinations.

Overall my life is mostly normal, but lately it seems like we are on a real slippery slope down into control town.
When it comes down to it, you seem to be saying we should be okay with some people dying so that you shouldn't get a monthly booster shot (this seems exaggerated) and that your kids shouldn't need to wear masks on their school bus even though your life has been mostly normal.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 15, 2021, 12:45:13 PM »
According to the Torah we let the vulnerable die so we can live normally ?
according to some death apparently doesn't exists

Chai Shaulian rightfully predicted that he will be out off the hospital pretty soon
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 12:53:24 PM by yesitsme »
["-"]

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #417 on: September 15, 2021, 02:57:30 PM »

You haven’t done anything differently for the last year, so there’s no option of “going back” to normal for you. You’re tolerant of people getting sick and dying so that what? What “normalcy” are you looking to gain?

Nobody has ever requested monthly booster shots. You want to gain that you won’t have to take an annual vaccine, so therefore we should tolerate millions of some people getting sick and hundreds of thousands of some people dying? Do you hear what you’re saying?

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 15, 2021, 03:13:48 PM »
You haven’t done anything differently for the last year, so there’s no option of “going back” to normal for you. You’re tolerant of people getting sick and dying so that what? What “normalcy” are you looking to gain?

Nobody has ever requested monthly booster shots. You want to gain that you won’t have to take an annual vaccine, so therefore we should tolerate millions of some people getting sick and hundreds of thousands of some people dying? Do you hear what you’re saying?
It's not tolerate. Flu also kills people yet we feel the price isn't strong enough to demand quarantine for that... that's my point.  Do we need to judge it differently at this point.

And regarding boosters? Once upon a time they said one shot and thats it.   It's been escalating

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #419 on: September 15, 2021, 03:31:10 PM »
It's not tolerate. Flu also kills people yet we feel the price isn't strong enough to demand quarantine for that... that's my point.  Do we need to judge it differently at this point.

And regarding boosters? Once upon a time they said one shot and thats it.   It's been escalating
I'm not going to do this inane back-and-forth again, but who mentioned anything about quarantine? Your complaint is about a shot, not about quarantine (that you're not doing). And yes, of course people with the flu quarantine at home.

Nobody said one shot and that's it. Do you have a source for your claim? I've said from as early as June last year (I can find it for you if you'd like) that I wouldn't be surprised if we would need annual boosters, like the flu. It's never escalated.