Author Topic: COVIDiots  (Read 65587 times)

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
COVIDiots
« on: October 05, 2020, 11:31:07 AM »
My dad had a worker come in last week a day after she tested for COVID, and obviously the test turned out positive.
My dad is not young and has been very careful. So stupid that he now has to have exposure because people are so stupid. Besides that, he had to go into quarantine for yuntif, ruining his yuntif. What was this lady thinking. She knew she might test positive and have to tell him. What did she gain by hiding.
Besides not being able to go to their children (each one that lives locally had a kid in quarantine), my parents now spent yuntif not together. I just don't get what this virus does to make people stupid
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
Re: COVIDiots
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 11:34:40 AM »
My dad had a worker come in last week a day after she tested for COVID, and obviously the test turned out positive.
My dad is not young and has been very careful. So stupid that he now has to have exposure because people are so stupid. Besides that, he had to go into quarantine for yuntif, ruining his yuntif. What was this lady thinking. She knew she might test positive and have to tell him. What did she gain by hiding.
Besides not being able to go to their children (each one that lives locally had a kid in quarantine), my parents now spent yuntif not together. I just don't get what this virus does to make people stupid
Not to say that its your Dads fault, but if he was very careful he wouldnt come in contact with anyone who might have been exposed at all

I know many people doing this

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 11:35:43 AM »
Not to say that its your Dads fault, but if he was very careful he wouldnt come in contact with anyone who might have been exposed at all

I know many people doing this
I would assume he didn’t know she was exposed
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 11:42:21 AM »
I would assume he didn’t know she was exposed
If you dont know, you assume they are exposed

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 11:47:22 AM »
I know a playgroup in Lakewood that a worker teacher tested positive and the owner of the playgroup kept it under wraps until all the kids went home for yom tov and then notified the parents.  I would never send to this place...
#TYH

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 12:05:13 PM »
Unreal
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 12:21:15 PM »
I know a playgroup in Lakewood that a worker teacher tested positive and the owner of the playgroup kept it under wraps until all the kids went home for yom tov and then notified the parents.  I would never send to this place...

Keeping exposure or infection secret is beyond stupid. This isn't Purim when no-one really knew or understood what was going on.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline mendy from lakewood

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, National EE, Hertz Presidential.
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2020, 12:55:02 PM »
I’m expecting to get a lot of hate for what I’m going to write but it’s the truth and I don’t care.

If you live in Lakewood or Brooklyn or Monsey and do not stay in your house then you are fully exposing yourself to COVID positive people regardless to whether you blame it on your worker, kids morah, friend cat, Babysitter aunt. We all learnt that masks and social distancing is the biggest BS out there unless you actually stay in your house away from all people. END RANT
"Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned"

Offline JACKBLUE

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2020, 12:59:00 PM »
I’m expecting to get a lot of hate for what I’m going to write but it’s the truth and I don’t care.

If you live in Lakewood or Brooklyn or Monsey and do not stay in your house then you are fully exposing yourself to COVID positive people regardless to whether you blame it on your worker, kids morah, friend cat, Babysitter aunt. We all learnt that masks and social distancing is the biggest BS out there unless you actually stay in your house away from all people. END RANT
+1K

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
COVIDiots
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2020, 01:00:16 PM »
We all learnt that masks and social distancing is the biggest BS out there
Um, where did you learn this?

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2020, 01:07:12 PM »

If you live in Lakewood or Brooklyn or Monsey and do not stay in your house then you are fully exposing yourself to COVID positive people
While what you’re saying may be partially true, that is purely the fault of those who are out and about despite testing positive or having been exposed. Don’t try to shirk responsibility with “but officer” arguments. If you knowingly go out exposed/positive and infect someone you are to blame and you are at fault. No ifs, ands, or buts.

As a friend of mine named Chaim once said, “Who are you trying to fool? You’re trying to pull a fast one on your Creator? Good luck with that.”

Stay home if you are exposed or positive. Don’t be a wise guy.

We all learnt that masks and social distancing is the biggest BS out there unless you actually stay in your house away from all people.
The one thing I learned from watching our communities vs. neighboring communities and out of town Frum communities is that obviously masks and SD work. To claim that this showed you otherwise means you’re simply not a bal seichel.

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2020, 01:15:34 PM »

The efficacy of masks and social distancing is not what's being called into question. It's the efficiacy of trying to convince people to comply. Self centered narcissism cloaked as atheistic fatalism under the guise of religion is as rampant as covid.

Offline Yonah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2020, 02:19:28 PM »

Since you phrase it as "my dad had a worker" .... makes me think that this is your dad's business (forgive me if I am wrong). So my question is, what happens to this woman, had she said - "I took a covid test, can I stay home or work from home today?" Does she need to take a vacation day? A sick day? Will her pay get docked?

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2020, 02:23:37 PM »

To my knowledge I have never been exposed to anyone COVID positive. My coworker tested positive last week, no one at work was exposed because we have strict guidelines. He got it from a family member that kept it a secret and infected the whole family. If people only got it from immediate family then we wouldn’t be seeing an outbreak.
Visibly Jewish

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2020, 02:33:51 PM »

There is a difference to being exposed to someone who might have it, and being indoors with someone all day who does  for sure have it

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2020, 02:45:25 PM »
Since you phrase it as "my dad had a worker" .... makes me think that this is your dad's business (forgive me if I am wrong). So my question is, what happens to this woman, had she said - "I took a covid test, can I stay home or work from home today?" Does she need to take a vacation day? A sick day? Will her pay get docked?

I think she would have had to take a sick day

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2020, 03:03:07 PM »
To my knowledge I have never been exposed to anyone COVID positive. My coworker tested positive last week, no one at work was exposed because we have strict guidelines. He got it from a family member that kept it a secret and infected the whole family. If people only got it from immediate family then we wouldn’t be seeing an outbreak.

What in the world is the point of keeping it secret? ? ? ? This isn't February. We all know what it is and what it's about!!!! There's no shame whatsoever in having it, it's prudent to ADVERTISE it so that everyone could make their own informed decisions!
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2020, 03:03:44 PM »
What in the world is the point of keeping it secret? ? ? ? This isn't February. We all know what it is and what it's about!!!! There's no shame whatsoever in having it, it's prudent to ADVERTISE it so that everyone could make their own informed decisions!
Exactly. What is wrong with people?! Hence this thread

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2020, 03:10:32 PM »

I really don't want to enter an argument with you on this, but I really don't get why people view the world in such extremes. Where have we gone wrong that there is no such thing as nuance?

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2020, 03:31:45 PM »
The one thing I learned from watching our communities vs. neighboring communities and out of town Frum communities is that obviously masks and SD work. To claim that this showed you otherwise means you’re simply not a bal seichel.
Or they just don't have people who tested positive walking around town like nothing happened.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.