Author Topic: What a Chilul Hashem. Anyone else watching Cuomo's Press Conf?  (Read 13299 times)

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: What a Chilul Hashem. Anyone else watching Cuomo's Press Conf?
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2020, 09:25:47 AM »
I'm surprised by you. Is it really so difficult to have some small adjustments for a year or so to save lives? Are young people so self centered these days that they can't fathom some small inconvenience for the sake of the greater good? Is this the generation we have raised?

This is not directed at you, you just triggered this response.
Boruch hashem a lot of us aren’t really inconvenienced.
But there are still a lot of people who are told they have to stay home or else they will die. People who are at a very low risk of getting seriously ill, these people are lucky that right now there are no evictions but what happens when that ends?
All these people who stayed home and went completely broke will be on the streets with a ton of debt and the ones that were advocating for everyone to stay home will be just as well off as they were before.
You’re gonna tell me there is a difference between lockdowns and normal life? Of course there is, but just ask we don’t get the nuance and want to live normal lives, there is the flip side of people that don’t get it and are unwilling to leave their houses, get a job and support themselves.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2020, 09:41:27 AM »
Boruch hashem a lot of us aren’t really inconvenienced.
But there are still a lot of people who are told they have to stay home or else they will die. People who are at a very low risk of getting seriously ill, these people are lucky that right now there are no evictions but what happens when that ends?
All these people who stayed home and went completely broke will be on the streets with a ton of debt and the ones that were advocating for everyone to stay home will be just as well off as they were before.
You’re gonna tell me there is a difference between lockdowns and normal life? Of course there is, but just ask we don’t get the nuance and want to live normal lives, there is the flip side of people that don’t get it and are unwilling to leave their houses, get a job and support themselves.

I'm not sure I'm following. Low-risk people are not told they have to stay home or they will die. They aren't told to stay home at all unless the situation has deteriorated to the point of a lockdown. Lockdowns are a consequence, they are not the go-to reaction to Covid. They are avoidable. I think this is @yelped's point of frustration, along with many others. Why do people feel the right not to be inconvenienced, especially when the consequences of their convenience are the things you describe?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2020, 09:49:25 AM »
I'm not sure I'm following. Low-risk people are not told they have to stay home or they will die. They aren't told to stay home at all unless the situation has deteriorated to the point of a lockdown. Lockdowns are a consequence, they are not the go-to reaction to Covid. They are avoidable. I think this is @yelped's point of frustration, along with many others. Why do people feel the right not to be inconvenienced, especially when the consequences of their convenience are the things you describe?
I feel the same way that you do about that point. But there are gonna be really long lasting effects to society. There are millions of low risk people who aren’t willing to go get a job and support themselves because they are scared of getting the virus.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2020, 09:58:36 AM »
I feel the same way that you do about that point. But there are gonna be really long lasting effects to society. There are millions of low risk people who aren’t willing to go get a job and support themselves because they are scared of getting the virus.

For many of them they are close to someone that isn’t low risk, you can’t blame them for choosing family over money.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2020, 10:20:33 AM »

There's a difference between people not being educated, thinking they need to be locked up at home to stay safe, and low-risk people being told they need to stay home or die. The lack of education falls on leadership of all levels, from POTUS down to doctors and leaders on the community level.

Offline Afrages6

• View Profile

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2020, 11:06:46 AM »
Tischler is no Al Sharpton.
Same IQ level

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2020, 11:12:39 AM »
Same IQ level

Sharpton may be an evil hack, but he was smart enough to stay relevant on a national level for 40 years. Tischler is a never was, never will be.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2020, 11:14:47 AM »
https://twitter.com/rabbigoldberg/status/1313846044288004104

Just gotta say, I love Rabbi Goldberg. I don't always agree with him, but he's principled, articulate, thoughtful, and always explains his position.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 11:18:52 AM by Lurker »

Offline Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2020, 11:19:37 AM »
Just gotta say, I love Rabbi Goldberg. I don't always agree with him, but he's principled, articulate, thoughtful, and always explains his position.
I’m a huge fan of his as well.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2020, 12:04:39 PM »
FTFY.
So your argument is that the measures I stated should be kept in place until there is a better way are the equivalent to the measures I advocated for when hospitals are in imminent danger of being overwhelmed?

That’s not even a straw man, it’s just a lie.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2020, 12:12:55 PM »
Did I write even once that I was inconvenienced?
I wrote about effectiveness.
What doesn't inconvenience me or give me anxiety is effective no matter how much it affects others. Anything that affects me is ineffective.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile

Online zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2020, 11:38:21 PM »
So your argument is that the measures I stated should be kept in place until there is a better way are the equivalent to the measures I advocated for when hospitals are in imminent danger of being overwhelmed?

That’s not even a straw man, it’s just a lie.

No, I'm saying that government officials have continuously moved the goalpost on the goal of lockdowns, and I see no reason to believe they won't do the same when it comes to a vaccine. But please go ahead and acusse me of strawmaning (and maybe get a mirror while you're at it)

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
["-"]

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2020, 09:04:32 AM »
https://twitter.com/HeshyTischlerNY/status/1315715056777203712
Weren't they having the testing drives to bring the positive rate down? That backfired?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2020, 09:13:03 AM »
https://twitter.com/HeshyTischlerNY/status/1315715056777203712

Every election we find a ton of people voting for democrats. If everyone stops voting then there will be no more democrats! #DontVote #JustTuneIn4DaHeshyShow
Visibly Jewish

Offline Lurker

• View Profile