Author Topic: Middle East geopolitics: Iran's Ayatolla regime should get the Nobel Peace Prize  (Read 2185 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
While there has been talk of nominating/awarding the Nobel peace prize to Trump and/or Netanyahu over the Abrahamic Accords, it is pretty clear that the greatest force in making those happen are actually the Iranians!

This is all an unfolding of a battle over hegemony of the Islamic (Arab) world. After the fall of the Ottoman Empire, there was much disarray, until the Egyptians took leadership, which they lost around the time of their signing of the Camp David accords with the Israelis. It has since then been mostly the Saudis on the Sunni side, and the Iranians on the Shia side.

The interesting point is that it doesn't end there. The Iranians aren't content with leading the Shiite world, they actually want their version of Islam to have hegemony over all Islamic countries (and beyond).

Not to be left behind, Erdoğan aims to bring the Turkish Empire back to its old glory, and is doing everything possible to get as many Muslim territories under its circle of influence (and more so, control).

George Friedman in The Next 100 Years (I didn't read it, only some synopsis of the book) noted the rise of the two regional powers, Iran and Turkey, with Israel remaining a strong, yet significantly smaller, power. As the Iranians unfold their long-term plan (as per Abu Saleh, one of the best ME geopolitical reporters/analysts, the Iranians don't believe in sprints, they're only interested in the long-haul), we will slowly see the countries uninterested to fall under their control, and unwilling to accept Turkish leadership, align themselves with the only remaining counter balance: the Israelis. Hence, the credit for getting some Arab states to sign peace deals with the Israelis, goes squarely to the Iranians!

Sources: https://t.me/AbuSaleh_israel_reports/9449 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Next_100_Years:_A_Forecast_for_the_21st_Century

« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 09:43:39 PM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Re: Middle East geopolitics. The 3 strong players: Iran, Turkey and Israel.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 08:10:52 PM »
Fascinating
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 08:38:25 PM »
Yup, and at least partial credit goes to Obama without whom these countries likely would not have been pushed into peace with Israel.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 09:01:26 PM »
Yup, and at least partial credit goes to Obama without whom these countries likely would not have been pushed into peace with Israel.

If you read Abu Saleh (and George Friedman) I think you'll find Obama quite inconsequential. He's a small blip in the long-haul Iranian plan. He didn't cause the "Arab Spring" and I am not sure he had any power to shape it differently (though he definitely didn't try).

The really amazing part is being able to mention the Israelis in one sentence with Turkey and Iran. It is so much smaller, yet wields significant power and influence.
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
-- Dan