Author Topic: FIJI  (Read 5448 times)

Offline jonesy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: FIJI
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2022, 02:09:42 PM »
Lol. Good thing I’m only bringing a bathing suit and flip flops with no leather  :)

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2022, 03:14:55 PM »
Do they allow pleather?

Offline yitzyul

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2023, 02:57:05 PM »
If you cant bring in ready made food from the US, then FIJI is kind of impossible to go to on a stopover to AUstralia etc.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2023, 03:59:01 PM »
If you cant bring in ready made food from the US, then FIJI is kind of impossible to go to on a stopover to AUstralia etc.
Try emailing info@baf.com.fj for exceptions, such as retorted/MRE meals or canned food?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yitzyul

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2023, 04:15:47 PM »
Try emailing info@baf.com.fj for exceptions, such as retorted/MRE meals or canned food?
Yuck..... ;)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2023, 04:16:57 PM »
Yuck..... ;)
Even I can survive on La Briutes for a couple days :)
Can also ask local hotels if they can import kosher food.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline jonesy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2023, 06:50:44 PM »
Even I can survive on La Briutes for a couple days :)
Can also ask local hotels if they can import kosher food.

Did a 2 day stopover on the way to Australia last summer. Food was rough- some La briute, peanut butter and tortillas, tradition soup, lots of junk food and local fruit and alcohol. It still was a beautiful stop (stayed at IC and didn’t leave), although I wouldn’t go more than 2 days. It made us appreciate the food in Australia that much more.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2023, 07:18:26 PM »
Did a 2 day stopover on the way to Australia last summer. Food was rough- some La briute, peanut butter and tortillas, tradition soup, lots of junk food and local fruit and alcohol. It still was a beautiful stop (stayed at IC and didn’t leave), although I wouldn’t go more than 2 days. It made us appreciate the food in Australia that much more.
Did they cause any issues with the LB meals? Did you ask beforehand if they would be OK?

Offline jonesy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2023, 11:03:26 PM »
Did they cause any issues with the LB meals? Did you ask beforehand if they would be OK?

I didn’t ask beforehand. Also brought one meal mart parve pasta (which was terrible) just in case they took away the la Briute pasta. Declared on the entry form that we had food- they X-ray everything- so definitely wouldn’t try to go without declaring. It seemed a bit varied based on the agent- they took us into the “side room” and I was expecting everything to be examined with a fine tooth comb, but the agent was pretty quick about it. A guy in the room with us had an apple in his bag and got a very stern warning and a much heavier inspection. On the island itself there is almost nothing- we rented a car specifically to be able to easily stop for food and went to a few small stores in Nadi on the way to Natadola (couldn’t easily find a large supermarket). They had absolutely nothing and not even a lot of fresh produce. Had to order overpriced fruit at the IC. IC also had a small souvenir shop that had some kosher snacks (had to examine everything individually on the Australia kosher list but found some junk food).

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2023, 11:06:10 PM »
I didn’t ask beforehand. Also brought one meal mart parve pasta (which was terrible) just in case they took away the la Briute pasta. Declared on the entry form that we had food- they X-ray everything- so definitely wouldn’t try to go without declaring. It seemed a bit varied based on the agent- they took us into the “side room” and I was expecting everything to be examined with a fine tooth comb, but the agent was pretty quick about it. A guy in the room with us had an apple in his bag and got a very stern warning and a much heavier inspection. On the island itself there is almost nothing- we rented a car specifically to be able to easily stop for food and went to a few small stores in Nadi on the way to Natadola (couldn’t easily find a large supermarket). They had absolutely nothing and not even a lot of fresh produce. Had to order overpriced fruit at the IC. IC also had a small souvenir shop that had some kosher snacks (had to examine everything individually on the Australia kosher list but found some junk food).
Interesting. Guam and Palau had regular US supermarkets and items to buy.

Offline jonesy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2023, 11:19:47 PM »
Interesting. Guam and Palau had regular US supermarkets and items to buy.

Could have been because of arrival early morning- the whole country seemed to be sleeping and everything was closed until around 10 AM. Also, we gave up looking for larger stores pretty quickly wanting to get to the resort and not enjoying driving British style. Waze and Google were also not great in the middle of Nadi- lots of one ways and odd traffic patterns- we went in a circle three times trying to get to the road to Natadola until I just winged it ignoring the navigation.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 11:42:50 PM by jonesy »

Offline Yehoshua

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2023, 01:24:46 AM »