Author Topic: OSM (Our Shuls Matter) Protests  (Read 46473 times)

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: OSM (Our Shuls Matter) Protests
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2020, 09:05:03 AM »
https://twitter.com/hnbc1/status/1313822685256986624

Ok I thought you were implying that he got injured from jumping off of the container. The video you just posted would dispel that possible myth. So what we do know so far, he was in good shape when he was on the ground, and nearly dead minutes later, while people yelling that he’s a snitch, and others posting online that he deserved to get beaten.

I truly wonder what actually happened. Actually not. 
Visibly Jewish

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2020, 09:13:38 AM »
Apparently, we now have our own Al Sharpton and have raised a generation of uneducated mobs.
:'(

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2020, 10:11:09 AM »
“One person in critical condition — being transported to Maimonides Hospital — after beaten with rocks by protesters at the anti-Cuomo protest in Borough Park early this am“

“Please be mispalel for Dov Berish Ben Rivkah henna, who is in critical condition, after getting attacked earlier tonight, during the Boro Park protests.“

The video is horrifying.

What’s horrifying is how a differing opinion gets treated in this community, the only thing they have herd immunity to is reason.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2020, 10:26:16 AM »
What’s horrifying is how a differing opinion gets treated in this community, the only thing they have herd immunity to is reason.

There's a differing opinion, and there's someone that calls the cops. I'm not saying anyone is right for what was done, but don't say that somebody was attacked for his opinions. That's ridiculous.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2020, 10:41:02 AM »
So they are looking to BLM as role models now?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2020, 10:57:50 AM »
So they are looking to BLM as role models now?
Unfortunately, as BLM get free reign in NYC to do as they wish. Somebody has to get Tishler the hell outta here.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2020, 11:00:35 AM »
There's a differing opinion, and there's someone that calls the cops. I'm not saying anyone is right for what was done, but don't say that somebody was attacked for his opinions. That's ridiculous.

Good that everyone can agree that he shouldn't have been attacked. Regarding what he supposedly did wrong is based on what some are claiming but does not mean it is true.
Visibly Jewish

Online yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2020, 11:03:44 AM »
Unfortunately, as BLM get free reign in NYC to do as they wish. Somebody has to get Tishler the hell outta here.
ASAP. That guy is a clown, but a dangerous one. I would have thought that people are smarter than to listen to him, but apparently I never fail to be surprised at the level of stupidity that people display.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2020, 11:04:35 AM »
ASAP. That guy is a clown, but a dangerous one. I would have thought that people are smarter than to listen to him, but apparently I never fail to be surprised at the level of stupidity that people display.
He plays on people’s anger.

Online yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2020, 12:32:06 PM »
He plays on people’s anger.
And stupidity. Who didn't see this lockdown coming?

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2020, 12:54:51 PM »
There’s 2 things happening here.
1) lockdown (which can be very warranted )
2) continuously bashing Jews (Unacceptable)

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2020, 12:56:41 PM »

There are many here who were and still are delusional enough to not have seen it coming.

Offline Yef

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2020, 01:03:36 PM »
Reading all the threads is ruining my Yom tov. Will try to shut off now. Everyone should know, the few very loud and constant commentators here are the very small minority of Klal yisroel talking. The majority especially Bnei torah are in complete disagreement with the views consistently brought here. Do not be affected by them. Fight the anti semites. Daven to hashem that it should be a good year for Klal yisroel. 

Online S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2020, 01:09:05 PM »
Reading all the threads is ruining my Yom tov. Will try to shut off now. Everyone should know, the few very loud and constant commentators here are the very small minority of Klal yisroel talking. The majority especially Bnei torah are in complete disagreement with the views consistently brought here. Do not be affected by them. Fight the anti semites. Daven to hashem that it should be a good year for Klal yisroel.
Which views are you talking about? The view that
אסור להתגרות באומות.
?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline chinagel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2020, 01:12:16 PM »
Which views are you talking about? The view that?
LOL

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2020, 01:27:35 PM »
I don't know about you, by my rabbeim taught me that bnei torah are not violent, care about others, take sakonas nefashos seriously and face reality without delusion. You seem to have failed on each of those.

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2020, 01:28:24 PM »
?
You're very deep in the echo chamber if you can't even realize that most of your opinions are not exactly popular in the crowds he's referencing. The only question would be hisgarus.
And no, I'm not interested in getting into an argument about the actual opinions.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2020, 01:31:45 PM »
You're very deep in the echo chamber if you can't even realize that most of your opinions are not exactly popular in the crowds he's referencing. The only question would be hisgarus.
And no, I'm not interested in getting into an argument about the actual opinions.
I hardly think you can accuse me of thinking these opinions are popular. Would we be having this discussion if the hamon am was acting a certain way?

That does *not* mean “da’as Torah” agrees or disagrees.

OP specifically referenced “fighting the anti-semites”.

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2020, 01:39:28 PM »
I hardly think you can accuse me of thinking these opinions are popular. Would we be having this discussion if the hamon am was acting a certain way?

That does *not* mean “da’as Torah” agrees or disagrees.
But when he claims that most people in his crowd disagree with the "views consistently brought here", the only thing you can thing of is hisgarus?
Also, while you may realize that most people don't act the way you propose, I feel, that your posts along with many other posters', have the tone of "everyone else is so foolish/why can't they just have some brains". I mostly don't see the realization that others may have actually thought it through and come to a different conclusion.

ETA: I'm out. Maybe I'll check back in later.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2020, 01:57:13 PM »
But when he claims that most people in his crowd disagree with the "views consistently brought here", the only thing you can thing of is hisgarus?
Also, while you may realize that most people don't act the way you propose, I feel, that your posts along with many other posters', have the tone of "everyone else is so foolish/why can't they just have some brains". I mostly don't see the realization that others may have actually thought it through and come to a different conclusion.

ETA: I'm out. Maybe I'll check back in later.
Correct, there has yet to be a more valid point made in defense of people’s behaviors then “People are fatigued, they’re not going to listen anyway, they don’t want to be told what to do, it’s not their achrayus, they don’t care about it”. This leads me to believe their behavior isn’t actually excusable. This is true of DDF and talking to people (including many doctors, Rabbanim, and community leaders) in Lakewood proper. If you have a salient point, by all means present it.

Contrary to what you might believe, I take information from RL and post it on DDF, not vice versa (though I do get information here as well). And I have a feeling you do *not* know how many Rabbanim really feel behind closed doors.

The claims people made were constantly churned and replaced as they were proven wrong time and again. The temporary arguments like lockdown/SD/masks don’t help, herd immunity, no community spread, milder strain, no hospitalizations, no deaths, there won’t be another lockdown, all fell by the wayside as they were consistently ground to dust with the passing facts. No admissions of the erroneous claims, only more goalpost moving and new denials. The idiocy of using riots as an explanation of why we care less about pikuach nefesh is seemingly lost on more than a good amount of people.

You thought it through and came to another conclusion? Please present it. Nobody is stopping you. But when nobody can present a coherent argument in favor of what you are saying forgive me if I don’t believe it exists.

Go up to and ask any random person in the street what they think and why. Tell me if it makes sense, or it’s more of the brainless drivel we see here all day.