Author Topic: OSM (Our Shuls Matter) Protests  (Read 46698 times)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Re: OSM (Our Shuls Matter) Protests
« Reply #320 on: October 12, 2020, 08:17:26 PM »
That's y u believe he should be charged.

I think when you play with fire, sometimes you get burned. If you want to play the part of revolutionary community activist and hero to the masses, you need to be prepared for a little martyrdom as a consequence. If you don't believe in the cause enough to suffer the consequences, stay home.

You cannot argue that he didn't incite a riot. You cannot argue that he didn't attempt to menace Kornbluh. You cannot argue that he didn't harass Kornbluh. You cannot argue that he didn't attract a large crowd around Kornbluh, effectively blocking him in. You can argue that all of those things were justified. And that's why we have a legal system, and that's why we believe one is innocent until proven guilty.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 12, 2020, 08:22:23 PM »
I think when you play with fire, sometimes you get burned. If you want to play the part of revolutionary community activist and hero to the masses, you need to be prepared for a little martyrdom as a consequence. If you don't believe in the cause enough to suffer the consequences, stay home.

You cannot argue that he didn't incite a riot. You cannot argue that he didn't attempt to menace Kornbluh. You cannot argue that he didn't harass Kornbluh. You cannot argue that he didn't attract a large crowd around Kornbluh, effectively blocking him in. You can argue that all of those things were justified. And that's why we have a legal system, and that's why we believe one is innocent until proven guilty.
You got it all wrong,
Cornblue came into the large crowd, looking for trouble, already incited by Cuomo, cornBlue is the fire that needs to be put out
["-"]

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #322 on: October 12, 2020, 08:26:28 PM »
You got it all wrong,
Cornblue came into the large crowd, looking for trouble, already incited by Cuomo, cornBlue is the fire that needs to be put out

It's not illegal for you to walk into a riot. It is illegal for the rioters to do anything to you. It may be ill-advised, but how does that change the legalities of the issue?

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 12, 2020, 08:26:51 PM »

I am not making an argument at the moment if what he did is right or wrong, but do think the charges are wrong. As stated above we have way to many laws on the books and my argument is two prong.

Also, because its a law doesn't mean its a legal law, as in lawful under the constitution.

For those that argue LAW AND ORDER also argue less government and laws, hey everyone gets into aggressive arguments. do u expect charges?
For those that argue less Jail... they want less laws for minor stuff where there is no real harm.

The irony is, rioting in NYC has been going on for some time and charges have been dropped over and over again yet when someone aggressively screamed at someone he gets charged!! its סְדוֹם.

Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 12, 2020, 08:33:31 PM »
I am not making an argument at the moment if what he did is right or wrong, but do think the charges are wrong. As stated above we have way to many laws on the books and my argument is two prong.

For those that argue LAW AND ORDER also argue less government and laws, hey everyone gets into aggressive arguments. do u expect charges?
For those that argue less Jail... they want less laws for minor stuff where there is no real harm.

The irony is, rioting in NYC has been going on for some time and charges have been dropped over and over again yet when someone aggressively screamed at someone he gets charged!! its סְדוֹם.

First, I don't think the charges are wrong. I think they are supported by the footage. Second, you say charges get dropped all the time. He literally just got charged. They may get dropped before anything happens. Third, the argument of too many laws on the books is valid, but has nothing to do with this. The man stirred the pot in a way that can lead to very bad outcomes. That the people he stirred up were frum bochurim who may be a little less prone to violence is irrelevant.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 12, 2020, 08:36:57 PM »
First, I don't think the charges are wrong. I think they are supported by the footage. Second, you say charges get dropped all the time. He literally just got charged. They may get dropped before anything happens. Third, the argument of too many laws on the books is valid, but has nothing to do with this. The man stirred the pot in a way that can lead to very bad outcomes. That the people he stirred up were frum bochurim who may be a little less prone to violence is irrelevant.
My discussion was not about his overall actions but those related to the charges.

There was literally no Riot, no mass violence.

I dont know what videos ur watching but those I've watched show no violence.

When there is a double standard its problematic.

In NYC no BLM organizer has been charged for rioting.

Double standard is problematic!

Thats why I dont think his charges are called for.

Can he technically be charged, yes, maybe.... just like most of us breathing now.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 12, 2020, 08:38:34 PM »
My discussion was not about his overall actions but those related to the charges.

There was literally no Riot, no mass violence.

I dont know what videos ur watching but those I've watched show no violence.

When there is a double standard its problematic.

In NYC no BLM organizer has been charged for rioting.

Double standard is problematic!

Thats why I dont think his charges are called for.

Can he technically be charged, yes, maybe.... just like most of us breathing now.

Your issue isn't that he was charged. Your issue is that the other guys weren't. I agree with you 100%. That doesn't make the charges unwarranted.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 12, 2020, 08:39:52 PM »
Your issue isn't that he was charged. Your issue is that the other guys weren't. I agree with you 100%. That doesn't make the charges unwarranted.
My issue is both, why he was charged and why others weren't.

No charges if no real violence.

Kornbluch admits he was not physically attacked.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 12, 2020, 08:49:34 PM »
That's 100% false. He said on CNN he was attacked but didn't sustain significant injuries.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline chilugutbaum

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 12, 2020, 08:53:26 PM »
That's 100% false. He said on CNN he was attacked but didn't sustain significant injuries.

See the clip again. On his first tweet he said that he was BRUTALLY attacked. Can you tell.me how you can brutally attacked with no injuries? Nice try.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #330 on: October 12, 2020, 08:55:10 PM »
See the clip again. On his first tweet he said that he was BRUTALLY attacked. Can you tell.me how you can brutally attacked with no injuries? Nice try.
Did I say he was brutally attacked? Do you not have an argument without putting words in my mouth?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 12, 2020, 08:57:28 PM »

Offline chilugutbaum

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 12, 2020, 09:00:46 PM »
Did I say he was brutally attacked? Do you not have an argument without putting words in my mouth?

I didn't say YOU said it, Kornbluh said he was BRUTALLY attacked, and that discredits everything else he said because he himself later admitted to NOT having any injuries.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 12, 2020, 09:01:08 PM »
Anyone see the TRUTH

https://twitter.com/jacobkornbluh/status/1314027011061489664

So immediately after an intense encounter, the adrenaline-filled victim used hyperbolic exaggerated language to describe his experience. Seriously? Come on. We don't need to twist into pretzels here. You can be right about Kornbluh without going to extremes.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 12, 2020, 09:01:46 PM »
https://twitter.com/HeshyTischler/status/1314643860946145280

Anyone see the TRUTH

The person pressing charges admitted LIVE ON CNN he was not physically assaulted.

He said very clearly on the CNN interview that he was hit. Why are you lying?

Offline chilugutbaum

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 12, 2020, 09:03:00 PM »
He said very clearly on the CNN interview that he was hit. Why are you lying?

If you are BFUTALLY hit there will always be injuries, don't you think?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 12, 2020, 09:04:35 PM »
I didn't say YOU said it, Kornbluh said he was BRUTALLY attacked, and that discredits everything else he said because he himself later admitted to NOT having any injuries.
Then I apologize for misunderstanding you. Personally, I think a mob swamping and yelling at somebody fits the definition of a brutal attack regardless of the severity of the actual physical blows. I am embarrassed beyond belief by the entire incident. I believe Kornbluh knew exactly what he was walking into and I have no pity on him.

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 12, 2020, 10:11:33 PM »
So immediately after an intense encounter, the adrenaline-filled victim used hyperbolic exaggerated language to describe his experience. Seriously? Come on. We don't need to twist into pretzels here. You can be right about Kornbluh without going to extremes.

If you'll excuse me, but why is it ok for Kornbluh to go to an extreme and use exaggerated language (which to me and to many others is equal to lying) but its not ok for anyone else to go to any extremes?

IMO, neither is ok, but if one is allowed then so is the other. No double standards  ;).

I believe Kornbluh knew exactly what he was walking into and I have no pity on him.

So can we please stop defending him? Even if what was done to him was wrong, I don't think he deserves to be defended.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 12, 2020, 10:17:56 PM »
So can we please stop defending him? Even if what was done to him was wrong, I don't think he deserves to be defended.
As wrong as he is, I’ll defend to the end his right to walk the streets without being attacked.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 12, 2020, 10:22:14 PM »
If you'll excuse me, but why is it ok for Kornbluh to go to an extreme and use exaggerated language (which to me and to many others is equal to lying) but its not ok for anyone else to go to any extremes?

IMO, neither is ok, but if one is allowed then so is the other. No double standards  ;).

1) speaking of double standards, if exaggerating is lying, Heshy is just as guilty.
2) the language of Kornbluh's tweet has nothing to do with Heshy's arrest.
3) nuance. I think you'd agree that tweeting strong language minutes after being cornered by someone who threatened your life is not quite the same as premeditated extreme actions. Kornbluh himself toned down the language once he calmed down.

Understand that not everyone thinks he was wrong. Some strongly agree with him. There are also those who are in between, and aren't ok with the mob being judge, jury, and executioner. There's a system in place for things like this. We have rabbonim and botei dinim, and they have the ability to brand him a moiser and take appropriate actions. That's not happening here, and people are therefore defending him. You're as entitled to your opinion as they are.