Author Topic: NYC Metro Jews And COVID  (Read 2904 times)

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
NYC Metro Jews And COVID
« on: October 07, 2020, 12:52:19 AM »
I'm not politically correct and will say that blacks kill more than anyone else, and black on black crime is worse than anything else the media talks about. But the same idea applies for COVID in our own community. All of a sudden everyone is so PC that we can't even use zipcode based stats to curtail COVID outbreaks because some PC snowflakes think it's targeting Jews. I'll volunteer to be the racist anti-semite providing facts you can prove yourself while you go ahead and whitewash this in your <redacted by mods> whatsapp groups.

Jews, specifically religious Jews in the NYC-metro area, are absolutely freaking terrible at doing anything to prevent the spread of COVID. Nothing you say will convince me otherwise.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 01:31:52 PM by jj1000 »
Visibly Jewish

Offline yzj

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: NYC Metro Jews And COVID
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 01:22:54 AM »
I'm not politically correct and will say that blacks kill more than anyone else, and black on black crime is worse than anything else the media talks about. But the same idea applies for COVID in our own community. All of a sudden everyone is so PC that we can't even use zipcode based stats to curtail COVID outbreaks because some PC snowflakes think it's targeting Jews. I'll volunteer to be the racist anti-semite providing facts you can prove yourself while you go ahead and whitewash this in your circlejerk whatsapp groups.

Jews, specifically religious Jews in the NYC-metro area, are absolutely freaking terrible at doing anything to prevent the spread of COVID. Nothing you say will convince me otherwise.
Unfortunately deblasio and Cuomo turned that into yesterdays conversation. Once you get to targeting religious Jews, and make no mistake, Cuomo is unacceptably targeting religious Jews in speech and in highlighting the shuls to the point that it is creating a dangerous climate for Jews, that is a whole different conversation. You want to do enforcement across the board and target hotspots that passes muster. Bashing the Jews and the shuls so that the press and every non jew on the street get the impression that it’s ok to target Jews as long as they don’t have clean hands is not ok.

It doesn’t mean what the Jews were doing is ok. What George Floyd was doing when he was arrested was not ok. But the reaction of the officers changed the conversation. The way Cuomo framed things and responded is a problem. It is so unacceptable that right now it has become The Problem. And those of us who can’t understand this and think the conversation should still be about how it’s the Jews fault just don’t get it.

Save that conversation for a different time.

Make no mistake. If we let things go this is the future:
For starters he should leave the words “orthodox” & “jews” out. Me & my children had to face down a hateful verbal assault today. My crime ? Being in a big public park which my tax dollars go towards. Me & every child of mine were wearing masks. He wasn’t. He started with the regular garbage that we need Hitler back to finish the job. And then he threatened to come F us up.

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 01:26:45 AM »
It doesn’t mean what the Jews were doing is ok. What George Floyd was doing when he was arrested was not ok. But the reaction of the officers changed the conversation. The way Cuomo framed things and responded is a problem.
This sums up my thoughts in the other thread.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 01:43:28 AM »
It doesn’t mean what the Jews were doing is ok. What George Floyd was doing when he was arrested was not ok. But the reaction of the officers changed the conversation. The way Cuomo framed things and responded is a problem. It is so unacceptable that right now it has become The Problem. And those of us who can’t understand this and think the conversation should still be about how it’s the Jews fault just don’t get it.

George Floyd has zero relevance to here. What the cops did was not necessarily racist but it was certainly police brutality. If you can tell me with a straight face that you are no more afraid of blacks when you are alone on a train then go ahead and preach, otherwise your just a hypocrite that cares nothing about equality and only care about covering up the issues that make you look bad.
Visibly Jewish

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 01:48:34 AM »
George Floyd has zero relevance to here. What the cops did was not necessarily racist but it was certainly police brutality. If you can tell me with a straight face that you are no more afraid of blacks when you are alone on a train then go ahead and preach, otherwise your just a hypocrite that cares nothing about equality and only care about covering up the issues that make you look bad.

In other words, it matters more to me that Jews aren’t the ones making other people feel afraid for their safety when they get close to them, and that’s way more important to me than trying to cover up the fact that it’s actually happening. 
Visibly Jewish

Offline yzj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 02:04:32 AM »
Calling out orthodox Jews is just stating the facts. If that’s inciting violence, I blame the orthodox Jews for causing that. I don’t either like double standards but that’s always been the reality and we are all fully aware of it.

Just sad. If Cuomos unacceptable behavior is not your biggest issue right now you have lost focus.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 02:16:16 AM »

Just sad. If Cuomos unacceptable behavior is not your biggest issue right now you have lost focus.

Unfortunately I wasn’t taught to focus on others misdeeds but rather what is actually in my hands to change. I will add that cuomo’s “unacceptable” behavior is already a known entity, it’s exactly what was expected and we still botched it up.
Visibly Jewish

Offline yzj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 04:02:51 AM »
Unfortunately I wasn’t taught to focus on others misdeeds but rather what is actually in my hands to change. I will add that cuomo’s “unacceptable” behavior is already a known entity, it’s exactly what was expected and we still botched it up.
You’ve got to study more history. That was often the way things started. There usually was a nugget of truth when Jews were singled out. For example, Jews in Hungary and other parts of Europe often weren’t honest in their business dealings with the non Jews. Jews in the Middle Ages were sometimes usurious money lenders. There are complex reasons why things were that way. But the non Jews were able to conveniently point out the Jews wrongs and the rest is history. That’s why these attitudes
Calling out orthodox Jews is just stating the facts. If that’s inciting violence, I blame the orthodox Jews for causing that.

This is the sad sad truth. They could start building ghettos and concentration camps tomorrow and we would have nowhere to look but inward.

are so dangerous and misguided. Do you think the cultured zionists weren’t blaming the backward European shtetl Jew for his own predicament and felt morally justified in leaving him to his fate? Read up on the subject. Is shocking how quickly we have forgotten the lessons of the Shoah.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 04:12:38 AM by yzj »

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 07:29:32 AM »
You’ve got to study more history. That was often the way things started. There usually was a nugget of truth when Jews were singled out. For example, Jews in Hungary and other parts of Europe often weren’t honest in their business dealings with the non Jews. Jews in the Middle Ages were sometimes usurious money lenders. There are complex reasons why things were that way. But the non Jews were able to conveniently point out the Jews wrongs and the rest is history. That’s why these attitudes
are so dangerous and misguided. Do you think the cultured zionists weren’t blaming the backward European shtetl Jew for his own predicament and felt morally justified in leaving him to his fate? Read up on the subject. Is shocking how quickly we have forgotten the lessons of the Shoah.

Sorry, but calling out a group of people that the majority are literally recklessly putting people at risk and consistently killing others is not in the same league of any of your examples, while the temporary restrictions imposed are nothing even close to what was imposed back then either. If it was Amish, Protestants, Blacks, Hispanics, that as a vast majority were doing the same I would hope they get called out as well.
Visibly Jewish

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2020, 07:35:40 AM »
Last I checked blacks were enslaved and discriminated against for centuries, yet that hasn’t stopped many pundits, including our very own Ben Shapiro from constantly pointing out the problem of Black crime and other distinctive Black issues. If you don’t have a problem with that, you’re a hypocrite like all the rest. And if you do have a problem with it, you’re unique on these forums.
Visibly Jewish

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2020, 07:46:43 AM »
If we remembered the lessons of the Shoah we would follow the rules and not pretend we're welcome here unconditionally.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline cmey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2020, 09:34:24 AM »
An 87 year old Caucasian woman can’t board a plane in this country without removing her shoes nor can her 7 year old great granddaughter because we don’t want to racially profile, but calling out the Orthodox jewish rabbis, their followers, and their synagogues, and painting all the known ultra orthodox locations in the State with highly specific  red and orange circles in public and on national media for 2 days running is ok in your book? Really?

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2020, 09:42:40 AM »
An 87 year old Caucasian woman can’t board a plane in this country without removing her shoes nor can her 7 year old great granddaughter because we don’t want to racially profile, but calling out the Orthodox jewish rabbis, their followers, and their synagogues, and painting all the known ultra orthodox locations in the State with highly specific  red and orange circles in public and on national media for 2 days running is ok in your book? Really?

Your examples suck. Old and young people get to keep their shoes on.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline JMHO

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2020, 09:58:37 AM »
Wow, did you buy your big paint brush in Germany?

Speak for yourself, your family and your Shul.

My family, my Shul and myself have all been doing 'things to prevent the spread of COVID'

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2020, 10:06:17 AM »
Wow, did you buy your big paint brush in Germany?

My family, my Shul and myself have all been doing 'things to prevent the spread of COVID'

I am obviously not calling out the shuls or people that are complying. I praise them as much as I can. Yet even taking them into account cannot cover up the terrible job we are doing overall. (Note- You will find me saying “we” for many things that I personally do differently. Because what I do is insignificant to the overall picture.)
Visibly Jewish

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2020, 03:47:11 PM »
https://twitter.com/Squilled/status/1313909045074558977

Just because many Jews didn't follow precautions, it doesn't give Cuomo the right to target Jews and be a hypocrite murderer.

Just because Cuomo and de Blasio are despicable morons doesn't give us the right to throw caution to the wind.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2020, 03:50:55 PM »
https://twitter.com/Squilled/status/1313909045074558977

Just because many Jews didn't follow precautions, it doesn't give Cuomo the right to target Jews and be a hypocrite murderer.

Just because Cuomo and de Blasio are despicable morons doesn't give us the right to throw caution to the wind.
https://twitter.com/rabbigoldberg/status/1313846044288004104?s=21

May the voices of reason prevail.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Mordyk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2020, 04:09:43 PM »

I guess I'm not the only one that thinks there is a double standard

https://lawandcrime.com/covid-19-pandemic/federal-judge-blocks-andrew-cuomo-and-bill-de-blasios-coronavirus-limits-on-religious-gatherings/

Apparently a judge also thinks that the response by BLM and JLM were vastly different and hypocritical
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 04:14:59 PM by Mordyk »
#TYH

Offline yos9694

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2020, 04:13:36 PM »

A monolithic group will always be held accountable for the worst behaviors of its members. This is why chillul hashem is so pernicious.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2020, 04:35:05 PM »
I guess I'm not the only one that thinks there is a double standard

https://lawandcrime.com/covid-19-pandemic/federal-judge-blocks-andrew-cuomo-and-bill-de-blasios-coronavirus-limits-on-religious-gatherings/

Apparently a judge also thinks that the response by BLM and JLM were vastly different and hypocritical

Check the date. There used to be a double standard that was overturned in court and that’s why shuls were not more limited than other gatherings. If aguda somehow gets the courts to rule that zip code based restrictions are unconstitutional the government will simply find another way to accomplish the same measures.
Visibly Jewish