Author Topic: El Al to Launch New CC in U.S.: Fly Card Preferred  (Read 10480 times)

Offline moe8555

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Re: El Al to Launch New CC in U.S.: Fly Card Preferred
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2022, 10:37:09 AM »
I lobbied for this and a whole lot more over several trips to the Bronx and Monsey in late 2020/early 2021...

Can you elaborate on why they went through all the effort of establishing a partnership with U.S. Bank, designing a product, soft launching it in a targeted direct mail marketing campaign, and then.... doing absolutely nothing and not "hard" launching it to the general public???

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2022, 10:41:17 AM »
Can you elaborate on why they went through all the effort of establishing a partnership with U.S. Bank, designing a product, soft launching it in a targeted direct mail marketing campaign, and then.... doing absolutely nothing and not "hard" launching it to the general public???
1. The previous owners set it up.
2. The hard launch was paused due to the pandemic.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2022, 10:11:23 AM »
I called for retention and was immediately shot down, but the wording of the rep led me to believe that she didn't even bother looking at what card this was.  After a brief discussion in which I explained why not waiving the fee made absolutely no sense considering that the country was closed to foreigners for almost 2 years, she said the request to waive the fee was sent to a manager for approval, with an answer by Tuesday.  If I DON'T hear back by Tuesday, it means it was approved.  If I get a phone call, it wasn't approved.

TLDR: U.S. Bank is weird and will update back on what ended up happening.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2022, 06:41:14 PM »
I called for retention and was immediately shot down, but the wording of the rep led me to believe that she didn't even bother looking at what card this was.  After a brief discussion in which I explained why not waiving the fee made absolutely no sense considering that the country was closed to foreigners for almost 2 years, she said the request to waive the fee was sent to a manager for approval, with an answer by Tuesday.  If I DON'T hear back by Tuesday, it means it was approved.  If I get a phone call, it wasn't approved.

TLDR: U.S. Bank is weird and will update back on what ended up happening.
Ha. Keep us posted.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2022, 02:00:42 AM »
Ha. Keep us posted.

"Good afternoon moe8555! Our records show that the annual membership fee was credited to your account on 01/12/2022. You will see this credit on your next statement, as well as online within the next two business days."

And indeed, the credit already shows.  I wonder if I'll still get the 40 anniversary renewal points?

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2022, 08:58:35 AM »
The card has been reopened to signups:
https://www.elalflycardpreferred.com/credit/el_al_flycard_mastercard_benefits.do

SUB dropped to a measley 400 points, all other terms identical to original deal.

If you live in Israel, kind of pointless to have this card now ever since the Israeli Amex Platinum refresh that gives double points on mobile wallet purchases (so ~1:$36 vs. 1:$40 with this card). 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 09:03:29 AM by moe8555 »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2022, 02:56:37 PM »
The card has been reopened to signups:
https://www.elalflycardpreferred.com/credit/el_al_flycard_mastercard_benefits.do

SUB dropped to a measley 400 points, all other terms identical to original deal.

If you live in Israel, kind of pointless to have this card now ever since the Israeli Amex Platinum refresh that gives double points on mobile wallet purchases (so ~1:$36 vs. 1:$40 with this card). 
Weird they would relaunch this before relaunching Matmid.

Online tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2022, 02:59:07 PM »
.. before relaunching Matmid.
I'm starting to believe it will never happen
It literally been 'imminent' for 2 years now

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2023, 12:45:54 PM »
If anyone happens to have this still:

Thank you for contacting Cardmember Service via our website about your FLY CARD Preferred World Elite Mastercard® account ending in ####.

Good morning. The FLY CARD Preferred World Elite Mastercard® program is ending and your account will be closed in 08/2023. You will be able to use your card until 08/09/2023. You will continue to earn points through 07/31/2023. Any earned points won’t be lost when your account is closed. You will continue to receive statements until the balance on your account is paid in full.

If you have further questions or concerns about your account, please contact us again.

Sincerely,

Sherre H.
Cardmember Service Advisor