Poll

Are we back in 1936?

Yes, and we should run for the hills
22 (37.3%)
No, stop being a conspiracy theorist
37 (62.7%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Are we back in 1936?  (Read 15169 times)

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
Are we back in 1936?
« on: October 08, 2020, 12:06:51 PM »
Title says it all.

I'm personally starting to feel very uneasy lately with all thats been going on.

I'm curious to see what others think.   I picked 1936 because there were many people that saw what's coming and ran.  And then there were those that said stay calm and all will be good.   We know how that went...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 12:12:24 PM by Mordyk »
#TYH

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Are we back in 1936?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 12:13:57 PM »
Title says it all.

I'm personally starting to feel very uneasy lately with all thats been going on.

I'm curious to see what others think.   I picked 1936 because there were many people that saw what's coming and ran.  And then there were those that said stay calm and all will be good.   We know how that went...

My concern is the nuts who are trying to davka make it that way.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 12:14:26 PM »
Gotta add some more options. I don't think the extermination of Jews happens again. I do think this country will be far less hospitable to Jews within the next 5-10 years. I think we'll be seeing VP AOC in 2024, with whoever this millennium's version of Saul Alinsky is as POTUS.

Don't mind me, though. I wear a tin hat.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 12:15:26 PM »
My concern is the nuts who are trying to davka make it that way.
I think we have enough threads regarding that.   I'm talking about what the government is doing,  not some wannabe activist.  Last I checked government is in charge. They make the rules. And if some rules only cover Jewish people then they are creating it.
#TYH

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 12:25:13 PM »
I think we have enough threads regarding that.   I'm talking about what the government is doing,  not some wannabe activist.  Last I checked government is in charge. They make the rules. And if some rules only cover Jewish people then they are creating it.
Last I checked the rules (warranted or not, discriminatory or not, political or not) were a reaction to actions taken by members of the Kehillah.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2020, 12:27:42 PM »
They are one conversation. The same people who were saying that blacks bring the scrutiny on themselves are doing things to bring scrutiny onto Jews.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline nsastamps

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2020, 01:01:32 PM »
Letter circulating from Rabbi Berel Wein a few months back:

Even a cursory review of world history allows the reader to realize that great and mighty countries and empires fall not necessarily because of outside pressures, but because of the implosion of the society itself.
Rome ruled the world for over five centuries, and, at the height of its power, it succumbed to barbaric tribes. The breakup and disintegration of the Empire came as Rome was undermined by the spread of Christianity within its society and the dissatisfaction and dissolution of social norms. These factors gave way to internal violence and a complete abandonment of any sense of loyalty to the Empire itself, or to the history that Rome had so carefully fashioned and preserved over its centuries of hegemony. In short, Rome collapsed from within and not from without.

The same can be said of the Spanish Empire in the 16th century, which never recovered from its foolish, and self-destructive exile of its Jewish population at the beginning of the century. It no longer possessed the creativity and will to succeed that had driven it to become one of the major powers in the world.

The Ottoman Empire was also rotten from the inside, and any stress placed upon it would hasten its extinction and disappearance. The first World War provided that stress. and the Ottoman Turkish Empire never recovered. In our time, we have witnessed the destruction of Communism within the Soviet Union after 75 years of brutal and tyrannical rule. Once again, the Soviet Union collapsed from the inside and not from the outside. It had weathered all of the storms of World War II and the Cold War, but it could not survive because of the malaise of its population, the burdens of bureaucracy and inefficient government that it had foisted upon a helpless populace.

A serious question has now arisen regarding the future of the United States of America.

It is a very polarized society, and over the past decades it has lost its moral footing. It has become dissolute, hateful of its own heritage, spoiled by too much material wealth, and subject to Marxist indoctrination emanating from its educational systems. Whether or not the United States will be able to survive this storm is, as of yet, an undecided question. However, it is clear to me that no matter what happens, it will become increasingly difficult for Orthodox Jews to maintain themselves in American society. The entire culture is hostile to Torah values and to a Jewish way of life.
Jews have waxed prosperous over the past decades, and the continuity of Orthodox educational institutions is contingent upon the continuation of that prosperity. However, whether America will have a prosperous future over the next few decades is a difficult question to answer. There will be more governmental regulations regarding curriculum, and the nature of educational classes in schools. Education separated by sex will certainly not be allowed, and the concentration on Torah studies will be severely limited. I hope that I am wrong regarding my fears, but my heart tells me otherwise.

Certainly, the America that I grew up in and lived in for most of my lifetime no longer exists. There is no longer wholesome entertainment nor a feeling of moral probity. America was once a religious country. Today it has become overwhelmingly secular with all the attendant evils that such a change in society inevitably engenders. History teaches us that nothing goes on forever, and that great countries and empires rise but inevitably fall.

For many years, I thought that the United States was an exception to that rule, but I no longer believe so. The curve has already flattened, and we are witness to the downward spiral that leads to irrelevance and impotence in world events, I fervently pray that I am wrong but these are my impressions as I view the current scene.

Shabbat Shalom
R Berel Wein

Offline theyankel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2020, 01:06:14 PM »
Letter circulating from Rabbi Berel Wein a few months back:

Even a cursory review of world history allows the reader to realize that great and mighty countries and empires fall not necessarily because of outside pressures, but because of the implosion of the society itself.
Rome ruled the world for over five centuries, and, at the height of its power, it succumbed to barbaric tribes. The breakup and disintegration of the Empire came as Rome was undermined by the spread of Christianity within its society and the dissatisfaction and dissolution of social norms. These factors gave way to internal violence and a complete abandonment of any sense of loyalty to the Empire itself, or to the history that Rome had so carefully fashioned and preserved over its centuries of hegemony. In short, Rome collapsed from within and not from without.

The same can be said of the Spanish Empire in the 16th century, which never recovered from its foolish, and self-destructive exile of its Jewish population at the beginning of the century. It no longer possessed the creativity and will to succeed that had driven it to become one of the major powers in the world.

The Ottoman Empire was also rotten from the inside, and any stress placed upon it would hasten its extinction and disappearance. The first World War provided that stress. and the Ottoman Turkish Empire never recovered. In our time, we have witnessed the destruction of Communism within the Soviet Union after 75 years of brutal and tyrannical rule. Once again, the Soviet Union collapsed from the inside and not from the outside. It had weathered all of the storms of World War II and the Cold War, but it could not survive because of the malaise of its population, the burdens of bureaucracy and inefficient government that it had foisted upon a helpless populace.

A serious question has now arisen regarding the future of the United States of America.

It is a very polarized society, and over the past decades it has lost its moral footing. It has become dissolute, hateful of its own heritage, spoiled by too much material wealth, and subject to Marxist indoctrination emanating from its educational systems. Whether or not the United States will be able to survive this storm is, as of yet, an undecided question. However, it is clear to me that no matter what happens, it will become increasingly difficult for Orthodox Jews to maintain themselves in American society. The entire culture is hostile to Torah values and to a Jewish way of life.
Jews have waxed prosperous over the past decades, and the continuity of Orthodox educational institutions is contingent upon the continuation of that prosperity. However, whether America will have a prosperous future over the next few decades is a difficult question to answer. There will be more governmental regulations regarding curriculum, and the nature of educational classes in schools. Education separated by sex will certainly not be allowed, and the concentration on Torah studies will be severely limited. I hope that I am wrong regarding my fears, but my heart tells me otherwise.

Certainly, the America that I grew up in and lived in for most of my lifetime no longer exists. There is no longer wholesome entertainment nor a feeling of moral probity. America was once a religious country. Today it has become overwhelmingly secular with all the attendant evils that such a change in society inevitably engenders. History teaches us that nothing goes on forever, and that great countries and empires rise but inevitably fall.

For many years, I thought that the United States was an exception to that rule, but I no longer believe so. The curve has already flattened, and we are witness to the downward spiral that leads to irrelevance and impotence in world events, I fervently pray that I am wrong but these are my impressions as I view the current scene.

Shabbat Shalom
R Berel Wein
scary

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
Are we back in 1936?
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2020, 01:08:22 PM »
Seems like is everyone is in agreement about this one.

The vast majority of the frum community believes that the liberals are destroying America for the Jews.

The rest believe that politicalization of the pandemic has caused the frum community to antagonize the אומות which is leading to an American population that is inhospitable to the Jews.

(And there are those which believe both.)

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2020, 01:09:47 PM »
which is leading to an American population that is inhospitable to the Jews.
This has been happening long before 2020.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2020, 01:10:57 PM »
This has been happening long before 2020.
2020 has sped up the timeline of many things.

Offline yos9694

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2020, 03:02:47 PM »
time to stock up on diamonds

Mtrasb

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2020, 03:11:17 PM »
Can we get some in between option?

Offline El Capitan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Haha I wish!
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2020, 03:19:43 PM »
I don't think we're holding in the 70s quite
Still looking for a good MS method :)

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2020, 03:22:16 PM »
Like what?  Most opinions in the matter are quite extreme sides. So thats what I wrote
#TYH

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2020, 01:07:42 AM »
No
Visibly Jewish

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2020, 01:11:36 AM »
I picked 1936 because there were many people that saw what's coming and ran.  And then there were those that said stay calm and all will be good.   We know how that went...

If you read history, 2020 in USA doesn't sniff the toenails of 1936 Germany. Even in America, there was a lot more anti-semitism in 1936 than there is now.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Proisrael

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2020, 01:38:24 AM »
I think there are definitely vibes of 1936 in very certain communities in the USA. I do not think its a USA as a whole situation. That said assuming the Left wing does take over the Govt the country may head to a direction that specifically targets religion as a whole not Judaism specifically.

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2020, 09:57:21 AM »
If you read history, 2020 in USA doesn't sniff the toenails of 1936 Germany. Even in America, there was a lot more anti-semitism in 1936 than there is now.
I read history enough.  1936 people were still trying to justify government actions that it's really good for them, or that if just listen to the "rules" then all will be good.  Not realizing that slowly but surely all their rights were taken.
#TYH

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2020, 10:24:09 AM »
I read history enough.  1936 people were still trying to justify government actions that it's really good for them, or that if just listen to the "rules" then all will be good.  Not realizing that slowly but surely all their rights were taken.

Between 1933 and 1937, over 130k Jews left Germany, which was about 25% of the German Jewish population. Many, many more tried to leave and were not able to get a visa. The general sentiment for a Jew was get out of Germany, but which country will I be safe (nearly none of Europe), which country will give me a visa (usually no one), will I have an opportunity to work and survive because I won’t be able to bring any money with me?

Your history lessons need some reviewing. By 1935 the Nuremberg laws were already passed, and extreme racism was literally codified in law, and practiced regularly.

Now remind me again how the US in 2020 is similar?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 10:29:39 AM by yuneeq »
Visibly Jewish