Poll

Are we back in 1936?

Yes, and we should run for the hills
23 (37.1%)
No, stop being a conspiracy theorist
39 (62.9%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Author Topic: Are we back in 1936?  (Read 15261 times)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Re: Are we back in 1936?
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2020, 10:42:22 AM »
I think 1930-1932 are a better comparison.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2020, 10:57:22 AM »
I think 1930-1932 are a better comparison.

Already by 1930 the Nazi party was the 2nd most popular party, by 1932, it received the most votes. Probably need to go back a half decade to start comparing anything.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2020, 10:58:58 AM »
Already by 1930 the Nazi party was the 2nd most popular party, by 1932, it received the most votes. Probably need to go back a half decade to start comparing anything.

The Squad is quite popular already. And again, I don't think we'll see a replica of Germany. But the comfort level is definitely starting to drop.

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2020, 11:06:38 AM »
Between 1933 and 1937, over 130k Jews left Germany, which was about 25% of the German Jewish population. Many, many more tried to leave and were not able to get a visa. The general sentiment for a Jew was get out of Germany, but which country will I be safe (nearly none of Europe), which country will give me a visa (usually no one), will I have an opportunity to work and survive because I won’t be able to bring any money with me?

Your history lessons need some reviewing. By 1935 the Nuremberg laws were already passed, and extreme racism was literally codified in law, and practiced regularly.

Now remind me again how the US in 2020 is similar?
Ok so compare to 1935 or 1934.  Thats not the point so don't get stuck on in.
#TYH

Offline yos9694

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2020, 11:09:19 AM »
What would be the leading indicators if we were headed into this type of a scenario? What were the leading indicators in Germany (or 15th century Spain, or 12th century England, etc)?

There's lots to lose by "calling it" either too far in advance or too late.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2020, 11:47:07 AM »
Ok so compare to 1935 or 1934.  Thats not the point so don't get stuck on in.

You specifically mentioned that Jews remained complacent even in the face of extreme annihilation in 1936 or even 1933 when Hitler rose to power, which is completely false. We are also supposed to learn from this fake history lesson that our supposed complacency in 2020 America draws strong parallels to that time span, and perhaps we should be reacting with Holocaust level concerns as if Deblasio is going to round us up like cattle. The comparison is so absurd. I believe my parents suffered through more racism in 1970’s America than we do today, even if the situation is worse than what it was 10 years (eta: ago).
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 11:56:53 AM by yuneeq »
Visibly Jewish

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2020, 02:59:27 PM »
NYPD now banning protests in hot zones.   For some reason at the height of all of this BLM was able to "protest" (riot, loot, etc.) Yet conveniently now you can't protest in red zones. Which happen to be most Jewish neighborhoods.   Open your eyes.  Every point you can find a justification,  but when you are too busy finding all the justifications take a moment and think.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/09/nypd-issues-new-order-banning-protests-in-covid-19-hot-spots/?utm_source=whatsapp_sitebuttons

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2020, 04:27:45 PM »
NYPD now banning protests in hot zones.   For some reason at the height of all of this BLM was able to "protest" (riot, loot, etc.) Yet conveniently now you can't protest in red zones. Which happen to be most Jewish neighborhoods.   Open your eyes.  Every point you can find a justification,  but when you are too busy finding all the justifications take a moment and think.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/09/nypd-issues-new-order-banning-protests-in-covid-19-hot-spots/?utm_source=whatsapp_sitebuttons

I’m trying to recall what type of protests the Jews held back in Nazi Germany but even with googling I’m having no luck.
Visibly Jewish

Offline yzj

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2020, 04:30:29 PM »

Not that big a deal to organize protests in the green zones a couple miles over

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2020, 04:31:49 PM »
You specifically mentioned that Jews remained complacent even in the face of extreme annihilation in 1936 or even 1933 when Hitler rose to power, which is completely false. We are also supposed to learn from this fake history lesson that our supposed complacency in 2020 America draws strong parallels to that time span, and perhaps we should be reacting with Holocaust level concerns as if Deblasio is going to round us up like cattle. The comparison is so absurd. I believe my parents suffered through more racism in 1970’s America than we do today, even if the situation is worse than what it was 10 years (eta: ago).

I'll get into this with you more after YT, but do you believe the situation can change drastically to levels which would concern you within the next 5 years?

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2020, 05:02:41 PM »
I’m trying to recall what type of protests the Jews held back in Nazi Germany but even with googling I’m having no luck.
You expect them to follow text book comparison?  Like seriously.  Every generation is a different situation

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2020, 05:27:55 PM »
You expect them to follow text book comparison?  Like seriously.  Every generation is a different situation

I don't see how the current situation is anything close to 1930's Nazi Germany, and can find more similar timespans that don't involve holocausts. If you want to argue that a new holocaust is inevitable and unpredictable based on history, I have no way to argue against that.
Sure we might be in 1936, or we might be in 1982, or 1568. But the comparison to Germany is an absurd exaggeration.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2020, 05:28:53 PM »
I don't see how the current situation is anything close to 1930's Nazi Germany, and can find more similar timespans that don't involve holocausts. If you want to argue that a new holocaust is inevitable and unpredictable based on history, I have no way to argue against that.
Sure we might be in 1936, or we might be in 1982, or 1568. But the comparison to Germany is an absurd exaggeration.
Let's go back to basics.

Do you believe antisemitism is on the rise and do you understand people are feeling uneasy?
#TYH

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2020, 05:52:51 PM »
Let's go back to basics.

Do you believe antisemitism is on the rise and do you understand people are feeling uneasy?

I stated earlier that I believe it is on the rise, but it's still lower than almost any time in history, including most of the 1900's. I also think a lot of the uneasy feeling is based on fake news, especially during COVID. I'll share an example shortly.
Visibly Jewish

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2020, 06:02:26 PM »
I also think a lot of the uneasy feeling is based on fake news, especially during COVID. I'll share an example shortly.

Here's an example of blatant anti-semitism that is being shared all over whatsapp. There are so many areas that have more cases than Jewish neighborhoods!!! Only Jews are being targeted because our government is extremely anti-semitic!

If this was in fact true, I'd feel incredibly oppressed, but because it's deceiving stats used as fake news I don't feel that way. I definitely understand why others who consume this fake news (many in my circles) feel things are much worse than they really are.

It’s kinda interesting to see the deceptive stats people are sharing so we can pretend that Jews aren’t consistently from the hardest hit areas. A cute one I saw yesterday showed a map of case rates by zip code, showing other areas with high case rates. What they didn’t mention is case rates is a historical cumulative number dating back to March and continuously until today. Somehow the cases in March are relevant to an outbreak in October.

Go ahead, see the data for yourself and honestly tell me you don't feel a little better once you know the truth.
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page
Visibly Jewish

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2020, 06:15:43 PM »
Here's an example of blatant anti-semitism that is being shared all over whatsapp. There are so many areas that have more cases than Jewish neighborhoods!!! Only Jews are being targeted because our government is extremely anti-semitic!

If this was in fact true, I'd feel incredibly oppressed, but because it's deceiving stats used as fake news I don't feel that way. I definitely understand why others who consume this fake news (many in my circles) feel things are much worse than they really are.

Go ahead, see the data for yourself and honestly tell me you don't feel a little better once you know the truth.
Too much read for erev yom tov. But I will read it afterwards and respond.  I would love to feel more relaxed about the whole situation.   But I need some convincing.  Too much in the news targeting (mentioning) us
#TYH

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2020, 10:00:48 PM »

https://twitter.com/OJPAC/status/1315451690762596353

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2020, 10:20:57 PM »
https://twitter.com/OJPAC/status/1315451690762596353

You haven't responded to the content of my post, which shows how some fake news that is shared in the Jewish community makes us feel more oppressed. Instead, you replied with unrelated unsourced stats that don't show any context. Where are the numbers from? Are the infection stats shown daily numbers and therefore irrelevant?

Replying like this only makes my case stronger.
Visibly Jewish

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2020, 10:27:36 PM »
You haven't responded to the content of my post, which shows how some fake news that is shared in the Jewish community makes us feel more oppressed. Instead, you replied with unrelated unsourced stats that don't show any context. Where are the numbers from? Are the infection stats shown daily numbers and therefore irrelevant?

When the entire purpose of an entity is to make noise expect it to be noisy.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2020, 11:31:12 PM »

I'm assuming those numbers are from state's data, I have no reason to question it. I'm not sure if it's daily rates or not (let me know if you check it), but the point is, there's not a peeps from Coumo about it.