Author Topic: Dealer Lease buyout  (Read 80619 times)

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dealer Lease buyout
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2020, 04:50:51 PM »
:-\
So did you decline the new offer? Maybe they'll come back with their original offer if you decline the lower offer. Does that ever happen?
My lease also goes thru the end of this month. How much time do I need to give the process of selling it to these dealers (Algo, Vroom etc) without running into issues with my lease return? ALgo told me they need 3-4 days after the appraisal to pick it up. But then they need to send the check to the finance co (in my case, Nissan). I don't wanna sell it too soon but also not too late!

Offline miles lover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2020, 04:52:29 PM »
Well I intend to move into a new vehicle soon, financed though not leased. A loan nonetheless. How significantly did your score drop? My wife and I b'h have stellar credit (750-775 or so)
I think financing  should have the same effect as a lease on your credit. I had 800 and I went down to 720 in one month. I had my lease terminated and I let a statement balance print with a high balance. I couldn’t even pay it before it printed. It posted the same time the statement  printed. I’m assuming my score went down 50 points for the termination of the lease.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2020, 05:00:32 PM »
I think financing  should have the same effect as a lease on your credit. I had 800 and I went down to 720 in one month. I had my lease terminated and I let a statement balance print with a high balance. I couldn’t even pay it before it printed. It posted the same time the statement  printed. I’m assuming my score went down 50 points for the termination of the lease.

Wow, wow, wow!! I better look over all my CC statements, make sure to pay them down before they print. I don't usually bother much with that (though I do pay them up every month). I know this is discussed plenty on DD, but how do I know the statement print date? Is that the same as statement close date?

Offline miles lover

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2020, 05:03:57 PM »
Wow, wow, wow!! I better look over all my CC statements, make sure to pay them down before they print. I don't usually bother much with that (though I do pay them up every month). I know this is discussed plenty on DD, but how do I know the statement print date? Is that the same as statement close date?
Statement closing date is when it prints. I don’t go crazy to pay up  the reg balances before closing date. I’m talking about very large  balances on cards that I always make sure to pay up before statements print. When it posts the same time as the statement closes, I get messed up.

Offline yossig

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2020, 05:11:51 PM »
My lease also goes thru the end of this month. How much time do I need to give the process of selling it to these dealers (Algo, Vroom etc) without running into issues with my lease return? ALgo told me they need 3-4 days after the appraisal to pick it up. But then they need to send the check to the finance co (in my case, Nissan). I don't wanna sell it too soon but also not too late!
with Vroom it really went swift, from when I confirmed until Honda got the check was less then a week (although it took 14 days for the payment to show up online but it posted retroactively.)

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2020, 07:42:38 PM »
with Vroom it really went swift, from when I confirmed until Honda got the check was less then a week (although it took 14 days for the payment to show up online but it posted retroactively.)
So 10-14 days should be sufficient, I assume? Did Vroom significantly change their offer after the virtual inspection? I think I read on this forum that ALgo tends to not change their offer. (or at least less than Vroom and Carvana) But apparently, there is little truth to that. There was no damage they noted, they simply dropped the offer by $1300, claiming the market was soft for my car specifically  ::)

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2020, 07:44:00 PM »

So how can someone preempt this so that his score does not drop after a lease ends?

Offline yossig

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2020, 10:05:34 PM »
So 10-14 days should be sufficient, I assume? Did Vroom significantly change their offer after the virtual inspection? I think I read on this forum that ALgo tends to not change their offer. (or at least less than Vroom and Carvana) But apparently, there is little truth to that. There was no damage they noted, they simply dropped the offer by $1300, claiming the market was soft for my car specifically  ::)
i had the same experience with Algo, although I did have minor damage.
Vroom paid out their full offered quote (they don’t do virtual inspections)

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2020, 10:22:10 PM »
i had the same experience with Algo, although I did have minor damage.
Vroom paid out their full offered quote (they don’t do virtual inspections)
The offer Vroom gave was still $250 less than the modified offer by ALgo so we'll see. Will try negotiating a bit more, I'm in no major hurry. Thanks

Offline yossig

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2020, 11:41:19 PM »
The offer Vroom gave was still $250 less than the modified offer by ALgo so we'll see. Will try negotiating a bit more, I'm in no major hurry. Thanks
if algo is still better after inspection just go with them I don’t think you’ll get better.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2020, 12:34:25 AM »
if algo is still better after inspection just go with them I don’t think you’ll get better.
Thanks

Offline miles lover

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2020, 11:57:57 PM »
I got this from vroom

Important: It’s your responsibility to notify your state’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) that you no longer own the vehicle. This can be done by completing an online form on your state’s DMV website (typically called a “Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability” (NRL)).

Where can I find this form ? NJ. I can’t find it online. Is this important ?

Offline yossig

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2020, 10:35:44 AM »
I got this from vroom

Important: It’s your responsibility to notify your state’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) that you no longer own the vehicle. This can be done by completing an online form on your state’s DMV website (typically called a “Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability” (NRL)).

Where can I find this form ? NJ. I can’t find it online. Is this important ?
in NY I just turned in my plates and that’s it.

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2020, 06:18:33 PM »
Anyone knows if this pays to do with a honda Odyssey elite?
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2020, 06:22:05 PM »
Anyone knows if this pays to do with a honda Odyssey elite?
Just go online and punch in your VIN and your mileage, and you'll get an instant quote.

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2020, 09:12:44 PM »
Just go online and punch in your VIN and your mileage, and you'll get an instant quote.
Sorry.. I'm a noob here... What do I do after that? Let's say I get a quote of 30k what calculations do I have to do after that? I check my payoff balance and check if I get enough money to pay it off? I checked my account it says pay off amount 28. That means I will get 30k for selling my car, 28k will go to the bank and 2k to my pocket?
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2020, 09:20:29 PM »
Sorry.. I'm a noob here... What do I do after that? Let's say I get a quote of 30k what calculations do I have to do after that? I check my payoff balance and check if I get enough money to pay it off? I checked my account it says pay off amount 28. That means I will get 30k for selling my car, 28k will go to the bank and 2k to my pocket?
Correct. 
The online instant quote isn't guaranteed. It's just an estimate. They will do a remote inspection, and then hopefully stick with their offer, or they will lower it. At that time you can choose to proceed, or tell them you aren't interested anymore.

Offline yossig

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2020, 11:09:07 PM »
The payoff amount you see online is YOUR pay off. A dealer will pay less, leaving you with more in your pocket.
Algo.com is known to reduce their offer after inspection, Vroom doesn’t inspect, and they paid off the offer in my experience.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2020, 11:19:11 PM »
A dealer will pay less, leaving you with more in your pocket.
Is there a typo here?

Offline Tomorrow

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2020, 11:25:12 PM »
Is there a typo here?
He probably means you will pay the dealer less.
Sorry if I ask so many questions, but life is short and there is so much to learn! Let's help each other be great!