Author Topic: Czar Cuomo  (Read 154556 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Czar Cuomo
« Reply #180 on: October 18, 2020, 12:01:23 AM »
But I absolutely cannot blame people who had covid, have antibodies, and are sick and tired of the hypocrisy of the rule makers for being lax.
Meh. I do it (despite getting covid in February) and enforce it in our shul.
As noted above, the serology results don't match up with the claim.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online ah giten

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2020, 12:01:36 AM »
There are rumors schools are finally closing tomorrow after Cuomo threatened criminal actions against administrators. I would think it's more about money though.
Yep. threatening arrest.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2020, 12:02:57 AM »
Not nonsense, but whatever immunity they seemed to have had last time seems to have worn off. A lot of yeshivos had every single person that did not catch in March and April catch it now when it went around yeshiva, and zero reinfections. It's statistically relevant.
It's total nonsense. Exposure does not imply immunity in any way shape or form, if only for the simple reason people with SARS-CoV-2 or influenza infections are usually contagious for fewer than one day congruent with peak viral load several days after infection

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.08.07.20169920v3

״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2020, 12:03:34 AM »
Yep. threatening arrest.
Here’s your chance to be a brand new Heshy Tischler! Who will step up to the task?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 18, 2020, 12:04:10 AM »
You have no idea how many people I spoke to today.

You are 100% correct. I stand corrected. It is eminently possible that every person you spoke to today said they caught covid in March. In fact, it's even eminently possible that every person you spoke to today factually did catch covid in March.

That being said, infection rates in CH were nowhere close to 100%. As you correctly posit, your casual survey is 100% statistically irrelevant to effectively ascertaining actual community wide infection rates.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 18, 2020, 12:04:34 AM »
Here’s your chance to be a brand new Heshy Tischler! Who will step up to the task?
Looking like Satmar may stay open.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 18, 2020, 12:05:11 AM »
You are 100% correct. I stand corrected. It is eminently possible that every person you spoke to today said they caught covid in March. In fact, it's even eminently possible that every person you spoke to today factually did catch covid in March.

That being said, infection rates in CH were nowhere close to 100%. As you correctly posit, your casual survey is 100% statistically irrelevant to effectively ascertaining actual community wide infection rates.
Strong correlation between people you're likely to see in shul without a mask and people who got covid.

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #187 on: October 18, 2020, 12:07:59 AM »
Meh. I do it (despite getting covid in February) and enforce it in our shul.
As noted above, the serology results don't match up with the claim.

We don't disagree. And you're using words like serology results when the average person doesn't know what that means. Outside of the Gedaliah society in Crown Heights, there has been 0 education. Everything is either team lockdown everything indefinitely, or team open up everything without precautions. There is no education or explanation as to the necessity of a middle ground.

Offline drosenberg88429

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 18, 2020, 12:08:13 AM »
Strong correlation between people you're likely to see in shul without a mask and people who believe they got covid or believe they're immune to covid or don't believe in covid.

Ftfy

Offline Galitzyaner

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 18, 2020, 12:09:27 AM »
I’m not sure you’re right. It’s quite likely he is referring to the blatant rule breaking he and others have consistently witnessed.

If he actually said “never closed” then that changes things.
I think it's quite clear from the context HERE and HERE that he's talking about shuls and/or schools. Not SD/masks among the masses.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 18, 2020, 12:09:36 AM »
We don't disagree. And you're using words like serology results when the average person doesn't know what that means. Outside of the Gedaliah society in Crown Heights, there has been 0 education. Everything is either team lockdown everything indefinitely, or team open up everything without precautions. There is no education or explanation as to the necessity of a middle ground.
Black and white defines our community. From our dress to our opinions. Sigh.

Offline drosenberg88429

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 18, 2020, 12:10:31 AM »

Btw, I actually believe the average person in CH or BP or Flatbush or Far Rockaway is at least as educated as the average American regarding these subjects. Chassidim are not more medically illiterate than the general populace, i think. The politicians that think the problem in our community is ignorance missed the boat.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #192 on: October 18, 2020, 12:10:38 AM »
More fuel for OOT living.
But yes, that lack of nuance has been obvious on DDF and FB for quite some time.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #193 on: October 18, 2020, 12:11:03 AM »

You'll find I said the same thing as you in the ch thread.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #194 on: October 18, 2020, 12:11:58 AM »

The exodus is long underway

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #195 on: October 18, 2020, 12:14:02 AM »
But yes, that lack of nuance has been obvious on DDF and FB for quite some time.

FL has seen a huge influx over the summer. Hundreds of families from NY, NJ, and CA.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 18, 2020, 12:14:17 AM »
Btw, I actually believe the average person in CH or BP or Flatbush or Far Rockaway is at least as educated as the average American regarding these subjects. Chassidim are not more medically illiterate than the general populace, i think. The politicians that think the problem in our community is ignorance missed the boat.
Medical literacy doesn't matter; we live in an echo chamber politically, and covid has become a political issue (rather than medical).

Offline gozalim

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 18, 2020, 12:14:45 AM »
Gedalia society using detailed surveys and an actual understanding of how statistics work, estimated 60-70% infected (not exposure).
In my circle of friends (similar age group to Yehuda57) I haven't found anyone else who didn't have clear symptoms before purim. So I'm also the only guy in my shul with a mask (or was through the summer, will be next week). And yes, that is the more uncomfortable part. Are surgical masks less obtrusive, or black cotton?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 18, 2020, 12:16:05 AM »
The exodus is long underway
Oh I know.
We moved to CLE in 2008 and were the only young Chabad couple.
Now I co-run (where are you @shmelke?) a young Chabad breakaway with 35 families :)
Among non-Chabad, there are thousands of new frum refugees here.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 12:21:33 AM by Dan »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 18, 2020, 12:17:46 AM »
Gedalia society using detailed surveys and an actual understanding of how statistics work, estimated 60-70% infected (not exposure).
In my circle of friends (similar age group to Yehuda57) I haven't found anyone else who didn't have clear symptoms before purim. So I'm also the only guy in my shul with a mask (or was through the summer, will be next week). And yes, that is the more uncomfortable part. Are surgical masks less obtrusive, or black cotton?
And guys like @AsherO that actually tested symptoms twice didn't have COVID.
Symptoms doesn't mean anything.