Author Topic: Czar Cuomo  (Read 156886 times)

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Czar Cuomo
« Reply #320 on: October 18, 2020, 10:18:29 AM »
Additionally, their fundraiser/concert is likely what opened the floodgates for going back to regular weddings. (Everybody knew it wasn't socially distanced despite what they showed on screen.)
It’s sad that you have no shame in making such accusations. Just like you accused the Lakewood leadership of a massive coverup but it turned out that antigen tests aren’t counted. You lob accusations at people who do a lot of good with the only shred of evidence being an anecdote you heard from one person.

Online Euclid

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Czar Cuomo
« Reply #321 on: October 18, 2020, 10:23:10 AM »
It’s sad that you have no shame in making such accusations. Just like you accused the Lakewood leadership of a massive coverup but it turned out that antigen tests aren’t counted. You lob accusations at people who do a lot of good with the only shred of evidence being an anecdote you heard from one person.
Firstly, I qualified that original "accusation" with conspiracy theory. I didn't really believe it myself, like I said many times at that point. But I had no other good explanation, like I said then too.

Secondly, it turns out that that conspiracy theory wasn't wrong. There was an effort to circumvent the counts, by *purposely* not reporting antigen tests. Heard this directly from the owner of a major urgent care in town; like I posted last week.

Thirdly, this isn't an accusation - when Hatzolah did that concert it normalized the behavior that was starting to percolate in the community. Didn't realize this was debatable.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 10:26:18 AM by Euclid »

Offline mgarfin

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 18, 2020, 12:24:58 PM »
Todays Press Conference with Czar Cuomo

Reporter: BP activists are planning a large protest in response to you canceling the large wedding. What is your plan?
Czar Cuomo: I understand they are playing to protest the cancellation of the large wedding...

Ohy ribono shel olam

https://youtu.be/huxnHTvD8b0?t=3797
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 12:36:36 PM by mgarfin »

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 18, 2020, 12:34:40 PM »
Thirdly, this isn't an accusation - when Hatzolah did that concert it normalized the behavior that was starting to percolate in the community. Didn't realize this was debatable.

Hatzalah, which is totally non political, did that concert to raise funds. They were on the front lines and saved many many lives, the death toll could have been much higher ch"v without them.

It's totally uncalled for to tarnish the reputation of an organization (that selflessly assists a huge number of people annually) by saying their concert condoned large weddings. I personally didn't see any of what you mentioned happened at the concert at all and I didn't get the impression that this meant Hatzalah was giving the ok for large weddings.

Online Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Czar Cuomo
« Reply #324 on: October 18, 2020, 12:41:15 PM »
Hatzalah, which is totally non political, did that concert to raise funds. They were on the front lines and saved many many lives, the death toll could have been much higher ch"v without them.

It's totally uncalled for to tarnish the reputation of an organization (that selflessly assists a huge number of people annually) by saying their concert condoned large weddings. I personally didn't see any of what you mentioned happened at the concert at all and I didn't get the impression that this meant Hatzalah was giving the ok for large weddings.
I agree Hatzolah is an amazing organization and a shining jewel of our community. Their intentions were/are completely righteous and they weren't explicitly condoning large weddings.

However, my feeling from talking to many people is that they saw that concert (run by this medical organization with a tremendous amount of trust) and they assumed that "corona is over" and we can make large musical gatherings again. I'm 1000% sure this was not Hatzolah's intention at all, however watching the concert and viewing BTS photos allowed this implicit message to seep out.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 12:45:02 PM by Euclid »

Offline Mordyk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #325 on: October 18, 2020, 12:42:54 PM »
Todays Press Conference with Czar Cuomo

Reporter: BP activists are planning a large protest in response to you canceling the large wedding. What is your plan?
Czar Cuomo: I understand they are playing to protest the cancellation of the large wedding...

Ohy ribono shel olam

https://youtu.be/huxnHTvD8b0?t=3797
"they had planned a large wedding" easy to bunch us all together like that we can all be punished together as well.

Offline mgarfin

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 18, 2020, 12:46:50 PM »
"they had planned a large wedding" easy to bunch us all together like that we can all be punished together as well.

The wedding was actually in supposed to be in Williamsburg

Anyone know who the reporter that asked this question?

Online chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #327 on: October 18, 2020, 12:50:17 PM »
The wedding was actually in supposed to be in Williamsburg

Anyone know who the reporter that asked this question?
But 10s of thousands of people were supposed to come from the Rockland red zone (not sure who dreamed of that) and even in the non red zones there is still a limit on gatherings

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 18, 2020, 01:10:59 PM »
For all the hate that man gets around here, listening to him would have saved tens, if not hundreds, of lives.
He was dead wrong, more wrong than the people who said nothing was going to happen.

It wasn't even 1/10th as bad as he claimed it would be.

When every expert said they don't know, somehow Dr Ditchek, a pediatrician knows everything. If he hadn't been so arrogant maybe he would've been more on target and people would care what he had to say and listen to him.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #329 on: October 18, 2020, 01:20:57 PM »
He was dead wrong, more wrong than the people who said nothing was going to happen.

When every expert said they don't know, somehow Dr Ditchek, a pediatrician knows everything. If he hadn't been so arrogant maybe he would've been more on target and people would care what he had to say and listen to him.
Yup and the panic he caused may be the worst of all the risk factors here.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: October 18, 2020, 01:51:12 PM »

Call him whatever type of dr. you like but bottom line he spent a lot of time at ground zero for Covid. He was the one going to say shema with the dying. And what was he begging for already ? To follow the rules.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 18, 2020, 01:53:05 PM »
Call him whatever type of dr. you like but bottom line he spent a lot of time at ground zero for Covid. He was the one going to say shema with the dying. And what was he begging for already ? To follow the rules.
He was still dead wrong and more worried about creating panic than anything else. That's why no one listened to him and no one should listen to him.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #332 on: October 18, 2020, 02:15:11 PM »
Yeah like bringing Kids of Courage to have HIGH risk kids in the MIA marathon while it was going around there.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 18, 2020, 03:19:06 PM »
He was still dead wrong and more worried about creating panic than anything else. That's why no one listened to him and no one should listen to him.
Everybody is dead wrong on all sides. People ignored him before anyone knew how bad or not it'll be.
“No one should listen to him” ? He said not to have open shuls which is what many rabbonim & dr’s were saying. He said to wear masks which is what all dr’s were saying. What did he say that nobody else said to do/not do ?

Offline EliJelly

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 18, 2020, 03:33:33 PM »
It's in English, so you know it's the real update.
They aint gonna mess with Cuomo over a wedding size.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 18, 2020, 03:35:46 PM »
Everybody is dead wrong on all sides. People ignored him before anyone knew how bad or not it'll be.
“No one should listen to him” ? He said not to have open shuls which is what many rabbonim & dr’s were saying. He said to wear masks which is what all dr’s were saying. What did he say that nobody else said to do/not do ?
I'm not sure what your point is. If you're saying some of what he said was true I'm not going to argue, a broken clock is right twice a day.

He said many things without a shred of evidence as if he had the authority to make things up. He looks out for a shred of bad news and blows it up. He has no interest in helping people, all he wants to do is spread panic.

He doesn't deserve any credibility and he shouldn't be given a platform for his panic inducing lies.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 18, 2020, 03:46:23 PM »
Nobody should listen to him to wear masks or to close shuls back in March ?
Not sure where you live but in brooklyn there was a churbon & the numbers from first wave still haven’t even been finished counting yet. People are still dying & ill from then.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #337 on: October 18, 2020, 03:51:16 PM »
I'm not sure what your point is. If you're saying some of what he said was true I'm not going to argue, a broken clock is right twice a day.

He said many things without a shred of evidence as if he had the authority to make things up. He looks out for a shred of bad news and blows it up. He has no interest in helping people, all he wants to do is spread panic.

He doesn't deserve any credibility and he shouldn't be given a platform for his panic inducing lies.

He didn't start off broken. Maybe he broke pretty early on, but a little more urgency before Purim and the following 2 weeks would have saved lives.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 18, 2020, 04:17:17 PM »
Had more people taken him seriously back when he started warning, more lives would’ve been saved. 1000%
Let me remind for those that've forgotten. Miamonides was overflowing, huge tent in middle of the street, freezer trucks outside for the dead, chapels overflowing with bodies.

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 18, 2020, 04:25:37 PM »
Had more people taken him seriously back when he started warning, more lives would’ve been saved. 1000%
Let me remind for those that've forgotten. Miamonides was overflowing, huge tent in middle of the street, freezer trucks outside for the dead, chapels overflowing with bodies.
Had he not been so hysterical people would’ve been more inclined to hear him out. Some of the stuff he said in the beginning even if he was generally right was so crazy that he lost people.