Author Topic: Czar Cuomo  (Read 157657 times)

Offline monoso

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Czar Cuomo
« Reply #440 on: October 21, 2020, 10:27:41 AM »
I could not smell for two months and did not have antibodies ( tested twice). Several others in my family some who tested positive never had antibodies.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #441 on: October 21, 2020, 10:38:37 AM »
That they do not show antibodies even though they were definitely infected.

This is anecdotal and in somewhat speculative bits and pieces.

As far as my SIL vs DW, without going into too many details, it just occurred to me that my SIL has a certain predisposition for a certain condition, that some in DW's family have. BH, DW doesn't seem to have that predisposition. I wonder if that is connected to the severity of the COVID-19 symptoms, and secondarily, if any of this has to do with innate immunity.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Traveler718

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 21, 2020, 10:53:41 AM »
It was reported that Cuomo is planning to announce some changes to the shutdown parameters today. Any guesses on what they will be? It sounds like Queens numbers are down the most, so I could see them being allowed to reopen next week. Unfortunately, Brooklyn numbers aren't down much, although it likely varies by zip code, which he's conveniently not releasing at this point.

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #443 on: October 21, 2020, 11:07:13 AM »
It was reported that Cuomo is planning to announce some changes to the shutdown parameters today. Any guesses on what they will be? It sounds like Queens numbers are down the most, so I could see them being allowed to reopen next week. Unfortunately, Brooklyn numbers aren't down much, although it likely varies by zip code, which he's conveniently not releasing at this point.

You're acting as if there's logic and facts involved here at all.
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline Traveler718

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 21, 2020, 02:19:02 PM »
Looks like my prediction was fairly accurate, though I'm not sure it's a compliment that my brain works like Cuomo's. :)

Sounds like Brooklyn will be locked down for quite some time if we're still at 5.5% and needing to get below 2% for 10 days. So much for narrowing the scalpel not only by zip code, but clock by block.

https://www.boropark24.com/news/gov-andrew-cuomo-announces-keeps-brooklyn-s-red-zones-red-but-changes-orange-to-yellow

Offline etech0

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #445 on: October 21, 2020, 02:33:03 PM »
Where can you see the percentages by county?
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline Joe4007

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 21, 2020, 04:35:07 PM »

Offline etech0

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline Traveler718

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 21, 2020, 06:56:51 PM »
Are there any sites that have this information subdivided by zip code? Because according to the site posted above, Brooklyn has fluctuated between 1.2%-2.2% over the past 7 days, which an average somewhere around 1.5-1.6% - certainly under the criteria to be reopened. I assume that the red zone zip codes in Brooklyn are still higher, though I'd love to see the actual numbers.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 21, 2020, 07:55:22 PM »
Are there any sites that have this information subdivided by zip code? Because according to the site posted above, Brooklyn has fluctuated between 1.2%-2.2% over the past 7 days, which an average somewhere around 1.5-1.6% - certainly under the criteria to be reopened. I assume that the red zone zip codes in Brooklyn are still higher, though I'd love to see the actual numbers.

Cuomo is conveniently not releasing that data.

In August he stated that if it goes above 9% schools will close. Has anyone taken him to task on that statement for closing us down at >7%? And why does it have to be below 2% to reopen? De Blasio himself stated this week that there was no increase in hospitalizations or deaths during the spike so why are they keeping those zones red??

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #450 on: October 21, 2020, 08:02:52 PM »
Has anyone taken him to task on that statement for closing us down at >7%?

Out of curiosity, what do you think would come out of taking the Governor to task?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 21, 2020, 08:04:55 PM »
Out of curiosity, what do you think would come out of taking the Governor to task?

Nothing. It would just make it worse.

But its definitely infuriating  >:(.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #452 on: October 21, 2020, 08:08:19 PM »
Nothing. It would just make it worse.

But its definitely infuriating  >:(.

So is dealing with children  :)

The point is, we're dealing with an egomaniac with a Messiah complex. Know the rules of the game, know the players, and do what you have to do not to lose.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 21, 2020, 08:16:08 PM »

The point is, we're dealing with an egomaniac with a Messiah complex. Know the rules of the game, know the players, and do what you have to do not to lose.

We've been through this before, but I highly doubt doing anything differently would have brought a different outcome. No way to prove anything either but that's just my gut feeling (and that of hundreds of others I've spoken to).

I don't really want to say this out loud here but the numbers have leveled off or even coming down the past week+ despite.... (hopefully you can fill in the rest without needing it spelled out  ;))

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 21, 2020, 08:19:03 PM »
We've been through this before, but I highly doubt doing anything differently would have brought a different outcome. No way to prove anything either but that's just my gut feeling (and that of hundreds of others I've spoken to).

I don't really want to say this out loud here but the numbers have leveled off or even coming down the past week+ despite.... (hopefully you can fill in the rest without needing it spelled out  ;))

There is not a doubt in my mind that we would have seen a different outcome if things had been handled differently.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 21, 2020, 08:23:24 PM »
There is not a doubt in my mind that we would have seen a different outcome if things had been handled differently.

Since you seem to have prophetic abilities, can you also please tell us when the end of this pandemic will be? And while you're at it when Moshiach will come?

Just kidding  ;D. Obviously.

But I wouldn't attach "no doubt" to a statement unless there is very clear proof backing it up. Which there isn't in this case.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 21, 2020, 08:28:05 PM »
Since you seem to have prophetic abilities, can you also please tell us when the end of this pandemic will be? And while you're at it when Moshiach will come?

Just kidding  ;D. Obviously.

But I wouldn't attach "no doubt" to a statement unless there is very clear proof backing it up. Which there isn't in this case.

In my mind there is no doubt. They are my thoughts, and my thoughts alone. No proof needed.

Virtually every person on Earth can be manipulated and managed, and most definitely every politician. If you play the game right, you can get your desired outcome.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 21, 2020, 08:35:36 PM »

This isn’t a game. These are people’s livelihoods & people’s sanity (lives)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 21, 2020, 08:37:37 PM »
This isn’t a game. These are people’s livelihoods & people’s sanity (lives)

Just because the stakes are very high and very real, doesn't make politics any less of a game, just a more serious one.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 21, 2020, 08:39:59 PM »
In my mind there is no doubt. They are my thoughts, and my thoughts alone. No proof needed.

Virtually every person on Earth can be manipulated and managed, and most definitely every politician. If you play the game right, you can get your desired outcome.

I'm far from convinced that holds true for these particular politicians.

But getting back to my original post, closing schools and businesses when we were quite below the 9% stated rate is outright blatant lying. Yes, I'm fully aware politicians lie, but that doesn't make what they did right, regardless of if we followed their protocol or not.