Author Topic: Czar Cuomo  (Read 154584 times)

Offline Traveler718

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Czar Cuomo
« Reply #900 on: February 11, 2021, 08:50:22 PM »
Top Cuomo aide says they hid true nursing home #s to keep it from Trump DOJ:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cuomo-aide-nursing-home-data-trump-doj

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: February 12, 2021, 07:27:05 AM »
How is data and science coming along
When is the book coming out "how to hide from the federal and lie to the public"
We must trust these public officials blindly because they know what's best for us

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: February 14, 2021, 02:24:53 PM »
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: February 14, 2021, 02:34:28 PM »

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #904 on: February 14, 2021, 02:38:05 PM »
For not calling this a few months ago
I guess today impeachments aren't 'cancel culture'
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: February 14, 2021, 02:49:50 PM »
Radical Liberal Fake News Media

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/02/12/if-andrew-cuomo-doesnt-resign-he-should-be-removed-office/
Lol, it’s written by Henry Olsen who’s a fellow at a conservative think tank.

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: February 14, 2021, 04:24:03 PM »
?
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline shapsam

• View Profile
« Reply #907 on: February 14, 2021, 06:29:32 PM »
1) They would never run this op-ed before a national or statewide election or if NYS would be in danger of flipping red in the future.
2) If it were a republican governor, it would be calling for his prosecution not just his removal from office.
3) Do you really believe that the WP is not radical left?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #908 on: February 14, 2021, 07:19:10 PM »
2) If it were a republican governor, it would be calling for his prosecution
Under which charges?

Do you really believe that the WP is not radical left?
I believe the WaPo is Jeff Bezos's loudspeaker. I don't read it regularly but to the extent I do, it's inline with mainstream views of college educated city dwelling Americans, which are left of center but I wouldn't go so far as calling it radical. DC voted over 90% Democrat, you wouldn't expect anything differently. I appreciate when Jeff Bezos exercises his privilege to broadcast his opinion, because it means I can also broadcast mine.

It annoys me when people kvetch about the media, because it's entirely irrelevant. So what if CNN and etc are propaganda? It doesn't make the left views any less legitimate. The GOP is the party of the few rich who don't want to be taxed, old stubborn men who are resistant to any change, and radical religious Christians trying to impose their values on the country, from abortion to gay marriage, prostitution and gambling (most of them are good values, I just don't want the gov't to enforce them). Their base is ever shrinking and the only way they maintain power is with Fox News and the like constantly perpetuating an imaginary culture war and always looking for next demon to paint the other side as evil and keep people hating and angry. CNN, George Soros, etc. Each theory is more ludicrous than the next but people fall for it. Why in the world is a 'Pro-Life' party against wearing masks that every single country in the world supports? To me, it's just a way to turn people against the other side.

/rant

Offline Jellybelly

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: February 14, 2021, 07:40:02 PM »
Lol, it’s written by Henry Olsen who’s a fellow at a conservative think tank.
I’m surprised fellow hasn’t been canceled yet.
Sounds too masculine to me

Offline shapsam

• View Profile
« Reply #910 on: February 14, 2021, 08:04:17 PM »
Under which charges?

I'm not a lawyer, but I would imagine they would start with obstruction of justice (coverup) and take it from there.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #911 on: February 14, 2021, 08:06:27 PM »
I'm not a lawyer, but I would imagine they would start with obstruction of justice (coverup) and take it from there.
Obstruction of justice necessitates that there was a crime or something that can be construed as a crime. Otherwise, what are you obstructing?

I'm not commenting one way or another because I don't know the story 100%, but you said criminal prosecution so I'm curious for what crime

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: February 14, 2021, 08:09:08 PM »
The GOP is the party of the few rich who don't want to be taxed, old stubborn men who are resistant to any change, and radical religious Christians trying to impose their values on the country, from abortion to gay marriage, prostitution and gambling. Their base is ever shrinking and the only way they maintain power is with Fox News and the like constantly perpetuating an imaginary culture war and always looking for next demon to paint the other side as evil and keep people hating and angry.
HT Barack Hussein Obama

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #913 on: February 14, 2021, 08:10:32 PM »
HT Barack Hussein Obama
Exhibit A

Creating a fictitious bogeyman to coalesce in hatred of.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #914 on: February 14, 2021, 08:11:25 PM »
Exhibit A

Creating a fictitious bogeyman to coalesce in hatred of.
He said this exact thing many times. If you believe this then כל הכבוד, it’s a free country, but give credit where it’s due.

Offline shapsam

• View Profile
« Reply #915 on: February 14, 2021, 08:11:41 PM »
Obstruction of justice necessitates that there was a crime or something that can be construed as a crime. Otherwise, what are you obstructing?

I'm not commenting one way or another because I don't know the story 100%, but you said criminal prosecution so I'm curious for what crime
First of all, I believe you're wrong that you need an underlying crime. Mueller report wanted to nail Trump for obstruction even while admitting there was no collusion.

My point is, the media would find a crime and prosecutors would have likely acted on it, the exact crime doesn't matter.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 14, 2021, 08:22:12 PM »
It annoys me when people kvetch about the media
Not sure why as you proceed to do the exact same thing.

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #917 on: February 14, 2021, 08:46:32 PM »
He said this exact thing many times. If you believe this then כל הכבוד, it’s a free country, but give credit where it’s due.
אות באות

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 14, 2021, 09:20:23 PM »
I misunderstood your comment, I'm sorry. Yes, my opinion was shaped in part by Obama, and in part by others who in turn may have been shaped by him. (TBH I doubt BO came up with the theory himself either)

Not sure why as you proceed to do the exact same thing.
I think there is a very big difference. I'm not intentionally trying portray anybody in a certain way, I'm voicing my genuine opinion on what Fox and the GOP does. I don't think it's necessarily wrong, it's just frustrating to sit here and argue whether or not CNN is the devil when it's entirely irrelevant to any actual policy. Fox is, IMHO, doing something very different  by deliberately clinging to any opportunity to demonize CNN, oftentimes in bad faith.

So yes CNN, is spewing their agenda, but it is mostly genuine beliefs or at worst simple bias and one-sidedness. FOX is attempting to manipulate reality and artificially demonize the Left.

Look at the politicians. Fringes aside, you typically won't hear mainstream leading Democratic politicians saying all Republicans are deplorable. They say the GOP has a crazy fringe (which includes DJT) and should be doing more to distance themselves from it. But the entire right wing messaging system from the president down is predicated on taking the most extreme left figures, AOC, Omar, Bernie, CNN, Soros, etc and claiming they control the rest of the DNC and thus demonizing all of the democrats by claiming they are radical and evil.

First of all, I believe you're wrong that you need an underlying crime. Mueller report wanted to nail Trump for obstruction even while admitting there was no collusion.
Muller said there was no evidence of collusion, nobody concluded that there wasn't collusion. Second, there was a sanctioned Federal investigation into Russian meddling, which nobody disputes happened, and that investigation was obstructed.

My point is, the media would find a crime and prosecutors would have likely acted on it, the exact crime doesn't matter.
So basically you're upset the WaPo didn't fabricate a crime, and you can't even think of a crime they should have fabricated?

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #919 on: February 14, 2021, 09:36:59 PM »
Fox is, IMHO, doing something very different  by deliberately clinging to any opportunity to demonize CNN, oftentimes in bad faith.

You do know that CNN has two reporters (Oliver Darcy and Brian Stelter) who's entire beat is criticism of Fox?