Author Topic: Czar Cuomo  (Read 154508 times)

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Czar Cuomo
« Reply #1060 on: February 28, 2021, 06:45:25 PM »
He should fire his PR team

He was just trying to be a mentor. Apparently in sex-ed.

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #1061 on: February 28, 2021, 06:49:43 PM »

There was a job posting for a spokesperson on his team going around last week

Offline Jellybelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: February 28, 2021, 07:05:13 PM »

Maybe @YitzyS ‘s PR team can make him more LIKEable

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 28, 2021, 07:07:36 PM »
Maybe @YitzyS ‘s PR team can make him more LIKEable
Maybe Something Fishy's team can take Cuomo out to the tip of Alaska and leave him there? Probably a more fitting use of a team's time...

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 28, 2021, 07:33:16 PM »
Maybe Something Fishy's team can take Cuomo out to the tip of Alaska and leave him there? Probably a more fitting use of a team's time...
Why pollute beautiful Alaska ?

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #1065 on: February 28, 2021, 07:56:38 PM »
Okay, Lurker, so that's where we disagree. Governments have killed far more people (in the interest of the greater good) than COVID ever will.

Maybe it's just me, but somehow I just don't trust politicians to make these decisions for our benefit. Political power is a slippery slope.

I also certainly do not trust politicians to factor in our religious needs when they weight the risks/benefits.

For example, I believe that the political power of the teachers union played a role in the decision to close public schools. Let the children play video games and surf the net all day, right? To a non-Jew that might not be a problem. To many religious Jews that's simply not acceptable.

I believe very strongly that we should do everything we could to limit the power of politicians to control our religion. It's not their business.

Are you really going to argue that Cuomo didn't kill people?

You're right, we got this

a big kidush hashem

Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Chaimel6

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 28, 2021, 10:14:25 PM »
I don't like the big weddings. If it was up to me I would make a number of changes.

For example, back in October, I would have asked everyone to test before coming, offering rapid testing on site, limiting people from out of town, have people coming from different places eating and dancing in different groups, brought in a lot of fresh air, etc. It might have worked.

Regardless, I don't think that our governors are the right ones to have a say in our life.

Anyways at this point, I am hoping that we can see the light at the end of tunnel. This wave is receding. Older people are hopefully vaccinating, middle aged people (such as pregnant women) hopefully know to get treated right away with antibodies if they do get it, and Chassiddim overall are probably are getting closer to herd immunity. Judging by the vaccination trends and the data, I am guessing that by the time Pesach is over, Eretz Yisroel will be almost back to normal and the U.S. will be doing a lot better too.

Did you know that the second Churban began when a Jew called in the Romans to arbitrate between two Jews who wanted to become Kink? The Romans were more than happy to appoint the weaker brother as their puppet. That was the beginning of the end. This type of story repeated itself far too often throughout our long Golus.

I am not Chassidish myself, what are the Rebbes saying about this? Would Chassidim listed to them?

P.S. You're 100% right about Kiddush Hashem, being that this is public website, now that you made your point maybe that photo should be removed.

P.P.S. While I don't believe that masks are the answer (they are not needed in many cases and not enough in other cases), besides there is something anti-social about wearing a mask, did you know that Ivermectin protects almost as well as the vaccine according to the latest data?

Offline tov hashem

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Ivermectin
« Reply #1067 on: February 28, 2021, 10:18:00 PM »
Why pollute beautiful Alaska ?
he will tease the bears and all will be good.

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
Re: Re: Ivermectin
« Reply #1068 on: February 28, 2021, 10:21:17 PM »

Did you know that the second Churban began when a Jew called in the Romans to arbitrate between two Jews who wanted to become Kink?

There are funny typos, and then there is whatever this is  ;D

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #1069 on: February 28, 2021, 10:41:16 PM »
I don't like the big weddings. If it was up to me I would make a number of changes.

For example, back in October, I would have asked everyone to test before coming, offering rapid testing on site, limiting people from out of town, have people coming from different places eating and dancing in different groups, brought in a lot of fresh air, etc. It might have worked.

Regardless, I don't think that our governors are the right ones to have a say in our life.

Anyways at this point, I am hoping that we can see the light at the end of tunnel. This wave is receding. Older people are hopefully vaccinating, middle aged people (such as pregnant women) hopefully know to get treated right away with antibodies if they do get it, and Chassiddim overall are probably are getting closer to herd immunity. Judging by the vaccination trends and the data, I am guessing that by the time Pesach is over, Eretz Yisroel will be almost back to normal and the U.S. will be doing a lot better too.

Did you know that the second Churban began when a Jew called in the Romans to arbitrate between two Jews who wanted to become Kink? The Romans were more than happy to appoint the weaker brother as their puppet. That was the beginning of the end. This type of story repeated itself far too often throughout our long Golus.

I am not Chassidish myself, what are the Rebbes saying about this? Would Chassidim listed to them?

P.S. You're 100% right about Kiddush Hashem, being that this is public website, now that you made your point maybe that photo should be removed.

P.P.S. While I don't believe that masks are the answer (they are not needed in many cases and not enough in other cases), besides there is something anti-social about wearing a mask, did you know that Ivermectin protects almost as well as the vaccine according to the latest data?

I'm not really sure where to start on this, so I'm just going to make a few points and leave things be.

1 - The chillul Hashem isn't that the picture of that gathering is on this website. It's that the event happened to begin with.
2 - Governors absolutely have a right to determine certain aspects of our lives. It's called government. Thank G-d, we live in a democracy where you can choose your leaders. If the area you live in chooses leaders who do not fit your views on life, you live in a free world where you can move to a place that is more in line with what you want to see from a government. For some people, the benefits of living in a Dem controlled state outweigh the negative parts of living there. That's a cost-benefit analysis each person needs to make for themselves.
3 - That governments have killed people doesn't invalidate their purpose in our lives, nor the power they have. You don't have to like them, and you certainly don't have to trust them, but as a citizen or resident of this country, you are obligated by Torah to abide by the laws they pass.
4 - Vax trends and data have nothing to do with your argument, seeing as you think government should never have interfered with any aspect of our lives at any point. But I'd put money down that Pesach will not look pretty in this country.
5 - Jews aren't asking Romans to arbitrate anything here. We live in Rome. The Romans are (supposed to be) making decisions based on what is best for their country and their people. Your dislike of how those rules impact your life is irrelevant.
6 - Your info on masks and Ivermectin is wrong.
7 - Masks are not THE answer. No one thinks they are. They are a tool to help reduce spread and severity of the illness.
8 - Cuomo killed people. There, I said it. Now what? It changes nothing.

ETA: I know I said a few. I got carried away. Again. Sue me.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 10:44:37 PM by Lurker »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: February 28, 2021, 11:15:28 PM »

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
Re: Ivermectin
« Reply #1071 on: March 01, 2021, 12:23:50 AM »
Lurker, I see that you are an intelligent person and I respect that. I also don't think that I will change your mind. That's fine too. However, you might want to consider asking your LOR the Shaala if that image may be posted.
what’s wrong with the image?

Online Moshe123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #1072 on: March 01, 2021, 08:04:22 PM »

Online Moshe123

• View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 01, 2021, 08:04:39 PM »
And there's evidence...

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 01, 2021, 08:50:49 PM »
The calls for Cuomo to resign are becoming bipartisan, with Rep. Kathleen Rice of Long Island, a Cuomo ally, becoming the first Democratic congress member to say his time has come.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: March 01, 2021, 09:03:06 PM »
The calls for Cuomo to resign are becoming bipartisan, with Rep. Kathleen Rice of Long Island, a Cuomo ally, becoming the first Democratic congress member to say his time has come.

I'm willing to bet we like the next guy less.

Online Moshe123

• View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: March 01, 2021, 09:04:24 PM »

Hochul is actually a decent lady.

Online EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: March 01, 2021, 09:04:49 PM »
No this is personal..

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 01, 2021, 09:10:45 PM »
Hochul is actually a decent lady.

You think she leans left enough to win?

No this is personal..

Very fair, but I'm referring to overall policies.

Online zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: March 01, 2021, 11:31:16 PM »
You think she leans left enough to win?

If he is removed, she serves out the rest of the term, right?